Jump to content
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

Has anyone noticed if the cuts in Wales were fixed?  I saw the Roadbook mentioned Germany had the cuts fixed.
I don't know, but a well placed log or rock would solve the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The excitement of hitting the stages again in 3 days time is killing me!

edit: also something about racenet and dirtgame.com teased in the road book for Tuesday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Someone here should be able to check that Welsh cut, that was brutal!

And yes, @Hatward has something up his sleeve for Racenet on release day, i guessed cross play, but i'd say not based on him saying, it's not big, just nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Think it's the "Special Events" box in Online Events that's been listed as "coming soon" since the beginning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BadD0g said:
Think it's the "Special Events" box in Online Events that's been listed as "coming soon" since the beginning?
Actually, there was a Promo Event with the Subaru 555 once. Long time ago. Basically at the start of the Early Access. But haven't seen anything there since that happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huh, guess I missed that event. I've had the game since the start, I don't know if I was doing online events back then.
Hopefully that is what's been hinted at, I've always been curious what they would use that box for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
KevM said:
The whole - no money, need to buy cars and upgrade them again - might kill me :P 
Haha! If you've already done it once I can see the prospect of doing it all again quite off putting! 
My wheel arrived yesterday afternoon, but I had friends over until after 9pm, so couldn't get playing until they left.  I completed my first Championship last night, in my first bought car (Stratos awesomeness).  The new wheel/XBone FFB combo feels different but good, the new pedals felt guff (as @thecraicbear said they might), so I swapped back to the G27 pedals and it felt right again.  Surprisingly, the G27 H shifter works perfectly with the G920 too).
I am actually really enjoying it all over again.  I should have got bored with the task of redoing the same old upgrade runs, but no, stayed up far too late... lol

I then finished my evening off with another Polo / Kontinjarvi run of 5.57, which is definitely beatable as the setup was wrong, but I'll enjoy the battle when that happens!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dirt rally on offer http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dirt-rally-pc-steam-22-79-codemasters-store-2424125

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Check the credits already guys :) :)                               

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
tbtstt said:
KevM said:
The whole - no money, need to buy cars and upgrade them again - might kill me :P 
Haha! If you've already done it once I can see the prospect of doing it all again quite off putting! 
My wheel arrived yesterday afternoon, but I had friends over until after 9pm, so couldn't get playing until they left.  I completed my first Championship last night, in my first bought car (Stratos awesomeness).  The new wheel/XBone FFB combo feels different but good, the new pedals felt guff (as @thecraicbear said they might), so I swapped back to the G27 pedals and it felt right again.  Surprisingly, the G27 H shifter works perfectly with the G920 too).
I am actually really enjoying it all over again.  I should have got bored with the task of redoing the same old upgrade runs, but no, stayed up far too late... lol

I then finished my evening off with another Polo / Kontinjarvi run of 5.57, which is definitely beatable as the setup was wrong, but I'll enjoy the battle when that happens!
Should've kicked your friends out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Er, i'm guessing @KickUp mayu have misspoke slightly here, but listen to what he says about the cars in PP that they've added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uySeP-ziJfk


I heard him say added "vintage" cars from the 70's and 80's, he might have misspoke re the 70's, as i'm saying the current cars are all 80's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think he was taling about the environment. Like the parked cars on the side of the road being 70s and 80s. Which is a nice touch to make the whole gravel pikes peak more retro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ahh, just re-watched it, i did notice the barrier removal etc for the track, but you're right, he does seem to be talking about track-side cars, not the cars we drive, but that's cool they could do that, i like that attention to detail :)


*Edit: Is that guy huge, or is Paul just race-driver sized?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@tbtstt have you seen your name in the credits yet? :)
I have indeed: I checked while I was waiting for the installation to complete!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The S1600 RX  are mental! Really good tight racing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Er, i'm guessing @KickUp mayu have misspoke slightly here, but listen to what he says about the cars in PP that they've added.

https://www.youtube.com/***uySeP-ziJfk


I heard him say added "vintage" cars from the 70's and 80's, he might have misspoke re the 70's, as i'm saying the current cars are all 80's?
The driving footage look terrible. I have hard time to believe it come from UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
The S1600 RX  are mental! Really good tight racing!
I forgot until now that Tuesdays, i.e. April 5, are my evening shift. :bawling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huh?                                                     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A lot of cars have a single-colour livery as livery 1.  I'm hoping these will be replaced with DLC livery eventually 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hmm this old new or new news? Cause there will be dlc, maybe?
It's an over 6 months old news. Also, the name "Placeholder" is basically what it says. It's there in case there will be a DLC. It's neither confirmation nor deny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wales more tracks plsssss.                                             

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dgeesi0 said:
wales more tracks plsssss.                                             
How about... no? I for one would prefer for the other locations to get some more love, rather than seeing the incredibly overhyped Wales getting new stages -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dgeesi0 said:
wales more tracks plsssss.                                             
How about... no? I for one would prefer for the other locations to get some more love, rather than seeing the incredibly overhyped Wales getting new stages -_-
I wouldn't mind any new track, be it extra stages for the locations we already have or a new location. And with the new cars coming, I think rallycross desparately needs some more tracks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yes new locations would be great but for fav locations like wales would always be welcome. rally cross does need more locations .


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×