DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Wales needs the soft-edge installed before it kills any more Cossies

Paul has expressed his desire to tackle places like New Zealand, so if they ever got the ball rolling with that then I'd squeal. 

I'd take a new location over new stages in current location any day, but I'd take anything new over nothing new any day too!

Isnt it better to create more stages for the current countries? All the countries have something different to tackle. New Zealand would be fantastic, but I am sure it would drive similar to Wales. 
I think NZ is different enough from Wales. The scenery is even more breathtaking, the roads are a lot more cambered and undulating, and the road surface can vary quite a bit. Where Wales is your generic forest road gravel, NZ has that as well as thicker based gravel surfaces, to the point where some of it looks like a sort of light-brown soil base. 

I reckon it would provide a different challenge of car placement. 

I've seen the first few in game captures on the Xbox one dashboard and I'm super excited! I'm even downloading the 2nd SLRE demo of Mexico to get me in the mood

New Zealand would clearly be a brighter and less mundane version of Wales. Australia would be a great addition because of a new surface compound of pea gravel along some interesting features like hopping kangaroos. 

incredibly overhyped Wales
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3PUu88nOcw

Different tastes and all, but Wales rules. Probably spent 70% of my driving time in Wales in EA period. E30 + Wales +night +rain = profit. Finland is the overhyped part as far as I'm concerned.

I'd like to see some really narrow and technical stages. Japan, Ireland, Manx....

Please no opinions about financial/business reasons, only thinking about design reasons.

Question:  

Do we really care more about diffrent color pallets over locations?  If two places look similar, does that mean only one should be picked?  Isn't there something different about each location?  Could different looking stages be picked from locations that have similar pallets?

Why would you download it anyways? The sounds are pretty enough to shrill your hearing.. 

A lot of this is us knowing/basing it on what Paul has said in the past, certainly re cost efficiency for adding variation with limits etc.

Dang your Ninja edit, @gfRally :)

No, i doubt anyone here would care about the location/palette etc if money wasn't a constraint, wed all just have the coolest rallies added world wide.

Didzis said:
I think scenery wise we're missing tropics (Malaysia) and safari (Kenya, Australia)
New Zealand also has tropical plants and scenery; but no one seems to realise this.

gfRally said:
Please no opinions about financial/business reasons, only thinking about design reasons.

Question:  

Do we really care more about diffrent color pallets over locations?  If two places look similar, does that mean only one should be picked?  Isn't there something different about each location?  Could different looking stages be picked from locations that have similar pallets?

If you're talking about straight color palettes, then yes. Snow pretty much looks like snow wherever you are. But doing nothing but muggy forests limits you quite a bit. I would still like to see the wales stages in a nice sunny light, and New Zealand is actually quite different. Australia, Spain, France and Italy are all varied a little bit as well, but getting a wider variety of environments can really help mix things up. I'm a Greece fan because it resembles where I live, alternatively, someone who lives in snowy Sweden might like the snow and hate Greece. So more variety is better. I won't buy in to most of the PC race sims because sure, they have 100 GT cars, but I'm not interested in them.

Not Gossip (and I doubt any of you care), but I thought I'd post an update on my progress so far.

After securing the World Rallycross Championship, popping my Pikes Peak cherry and taking some rally wins in the Mini, I thought it was time to man up and try something more challenging. Group B in Finland seemed like a good idea, so I selected my ride and headed for the first stage...

...many minutes later than it should have done, I finally managed to cross the finish line: it's going to take them a month to recover all the bits of Peugeot 205 I have left in the trees.

I've seen the first few in game captures on the Xbox one dashboard and I'm super excited! I'm even downloading the 2nd SLRE demo of Mexico to get me in the mood
Graphically, the XboxOne suffers ever so slightly compared to my PC, but the gameplay is every bit as awesome!  Iv tried to Twitch a few games, but can't until the official release, but I don't think that's Codies doing!  Remember to add me when you get on!

tbtstt said:
Not Gossip (and I doubt any of you care), but I thought I'd post an update on my progress so far.

After securing the World Rallycross Championship, popping my Pikes Peak cherry and taking some rally wins in the Mini, I thought it was time to man up and try something more challenging. Group B in Finland seemed like a good idea, so I selected my ride and headed for the first stage...

...many minutes later than it should have done, I finally managed to cross the finish line: it's going to take them a month to recover all the bits of Peugeot 205 I have left in the trees.
I know you're itching and rearing to go, but, throttle control....

Anyone still remember just how bad the non-upgraded 2000 WRC's were? lol

KevM said:
Anyone still remember just how bad the non-upgraded 2000 WRC's were? lol
They were slow, but not bad. I was actually enjoying the non-upgraded ones, as I could go more flatout and would have a very tight fight for the 1st position.

KevM said:
Graphically, the XboxOne suffers ever so slightly compared to my PC, but the gameplay is every bit as awesome!  Iv tried to Twitch a few games, but can't until the official release, but I don't think that's Codies doing!  Remember to add me when you get on!
What's your gamer tag?

KevM              

Just finished a stage there, the top 4 actual real people were within the same second, awesome!!                               

KevM said:
KevM              

Just finished a stage there, the top 4 actual real people were within the same second, awesome!!                               

JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:

I know you're itching and rearing to go, but, throttle control....