DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Yeah, i'd rather take a simulation game to satisfy my need of racing (both rally and circuit) than throw all of my time and money into rally hobby. 

Well, where I am, you can buy a geo metro or an older beetle for a couple hundred and race that. Works pretty well.

gheeD said:
Yeah, i'd rather take a simulation game to satisfy my need of racing (both rally and circuit) than throw all of my time and money into rally hobby. 
If I had that choice, I would throw all that time and money into rally hobby tbh (of course that counts having money and time for all the necessary stuff, work, food, rent, etc.).
Games are great, but I will always take the real thing over a simulation when it comes to racing. Heck, it's because of the real thing that you're interested in a somewhat accurate simulation of it.

Rallying is expensive, full stop. You can do it on the cheap, but it will still cost you a fair amount. It's not just buying or building a car, it's spares and repairs, tyres, entry fees, transporting the car and hotels

Honestly, it is a bit costy. Rally drivers, who are of course skilled, tend to be lucky and get hired by teams who are responsible for financing. You need to be a special fish then to get hooked by teams.

gheeD said:
Having dabbled in very entry-level Motorsport myself, along with a fair few rally experience days, it's actually astonishing how gripping & immersive this game can be, when compared to the real thing.  It negates the financial aspect and the natural anxiety that's in the back of your mind when pushing hard and really risking crashing/breaking something that you have actually tied a lot of money up in!

I Race in Karts and a game cant make you feel the same but nowadays they are really good, but when I am fighting for beating the pro's in the daily I can ensure that the feeling is the same, and with a Pro sim with a proper sim wheels and proper pedals even better the experience must be, I can feel some racey emotions in a DFGT cant imagine getting better involved in a Fanatec might be closer.
I am willing to make my debut in Regional Rallying, I need a codriver, if anyone wants to come to Argentina are all invited. Maybe I will make my debut in RC5 this year or the next one, @KickUp if you want to recce some Argentinean roads you are invited to codriver me :wink:

enamel said:
I just got back from holiday. Did I miss anything?
An incredible amount of console based quintuple postings.

enamel said:
Evolution Studios have joined Codemasters. It's quite exciting.

urgaffel said:
enamel said:
Is it as exciting as whatever that smoke thing you were working on?

I heard that they are good at making smoke's and rain's effects so that might be the case of a new GRID game... maybe.

I had a exciting email earlier today. As you can imagine I can't talk about it, but it was a nice surprise. 
#Hype.                                                                                                          

I had a exciting email earlier today. As you can imagine I can't talk about it, but it was a nice surprise. 

Is it DiRT Rally related? :tongue:

I think Luke's just messing with us :(

Actually i think it's more related to his not-fake rallying :)

You're gonna have a character model in the game taking pictures of your rally car which will also be in the game? 

Nope I'm genuinely not messing. Its like when we were being teased by Lee, it has come full circle once more :) 

Nope I'm genuinely not messing. Its like when we were being teased by Lee, it has come full circle once more :) 
Lee?!  Is that you?

:D

Well, it must be big in some way or you wouldn't even tease.  But if you start with that 4 thing or 128, I'll personally swim over there and shove a keyboard up your arse :smiley: AND then I'll pay @MastaVonBlasta wire it up from there xD

gfRally said:

Well, it must be big in some way or you wouldn't even tease.  But it you start with that 4 thing or 128, I'll personally swim over there and shove a keyboard up your arse :smiley: AND then I'll pay @MastaVonBlasta wire it up from there xD
Just like the golden days, before this forum was flooded by actual players, when we had it to ourselves and our Lost like numbers and this or that car... 

Mmm... that car! 

gfRally said:

Well, it must be big in some way or you wouldn't even tease.  But if you start with that 4 thing or 128, I'll personally swim over there and shove a keyboard up your arse :smiley: AND then I'll pay @MastaVonBlasta wire it up from there xD
It is a 4 I dare say... prepare that wooden keyboard anyways :lol: 

JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:
enamel said:
Is it as exciting as whatever that smoke thing you were working on?
Nothing is as exciting as playing with FumeFX! (but it's quite exciting to see what they can bring to the table :D)