DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

early access is fine the game still brilliant but i just dont see the point in playing now as i do a nice run check the time oh look top twenty are cheating with the same cheat since 1 year ago.

this has been the same case since maybe dirt 1. so its not to be a surprise.

even if making a new game what about stopping the cheating in this one ?

even reporting them doesnt really make a difference.with a screenshot.even the blatant ones arent removed with 30 secs difference on a 2:30 minute track.

dgeesi0 said:
early access is fine the game still brilliant but i just dont see the point in playing now as i do a nice run check the time oh look top twenty are cheating with the same cheat since 1 year ago.

this has been the same case since maybe dirt 1. so its not to be a surprise.

even if making a new game what about stopping the cheating in this one ?

even reporting them doesnt really make a difference.with a screenshot.even the blatant ones arent removed with 30 secs difference on a 2:30 minute track.
This is also true, when you do a blasting run and there are chinese cheaters in front of you I just alt+f4 it. Whats the point on playing in disadvantage?

Let's just face it. There will ALWAYS be cheaters in games like this. It's like fighting doping. There is always new ways to cheat.

If setting top times on fair leaderboards is that important to you, get DR on console.

bogani said:
Let's just face it. There will ALWAYS be cheaters in games like this. It's like fighting doping. There is always new ways to cheat.

If setting top times on fair leaderboards is that important to you, get DR on console.
But the best drivers play it on pc, console is for casual players

bogani said:

I'll have to disagree with you on that one - there are console players that are just as serious as PC players about this game. The difference is that we had one years worth of a headstart, but they'll match the best (legit) times on PC soon enough.

bogani said:

I'll have to disagree with you on that one - there are console players that are just as serious as PC players about this game. The difference is that we had one years worth of a headstart, but they'll match the best (legit) times on PC soon enough.

I think it was sarcasm. I hope anyway. Just because I eat popcorn when I play my arcade version of Dirt Rally on my xbox, doesn't make me any different to you PC players.

bogani said:

I think it was sarcasm. I hope anyway. Just because I eat popcorn when I play my arcade version of Dirt Rally on my xbox, doesn't make me any different to you PC players.
Except being like that, I always eat popcorn with soda alongside it.

bogani said:

It wasn't. It was a big spoon of PC master race elitism.

As far as console cheaters go, there's still all the deadzones where people can cut the track. I've not experimented but I saw one on wales someone posted that cut like 3 corners.
Also on the original Forza Horizon there were speed traps around the map to see who could get the fastest speed and some of them were like 30,000mph. Never got fixed and it did kill those traps.

I experienced one cheater on Xbox in the short time I've played it, he finished full gravel pikes peak in 4 mins on the final event of a league and cost me 2nd place

I experienced one cheater on Xbox in the short time I've played it, he finished full gravel pikes peak in 4 mins on the final event of a league and cost me 2nd place
Wonder how that works.

im all for fixing cuts but blatant cheats should be highest priority.

by leaving them in the game its look shoddy. which isnt the case but when you have the same times cheats that been there for months which are blatantly obviously cheating what the hell do we need to do to get them removed ?

guys on pant mawr with like a 2 minute time. common pull your fingers out.

then you have the guys who just look at leaderboard oh hes done a 2:39 so just do a 2:38 cause its in the realms of possibility.really is annoying seeing how little is being done.

its great all the good stuff but the cheating and cutting been in from day 1 ! its not been dealt with.its just got worse and most of the same cuts are in from launch.

As much as I appreciate all the good stuff that Codies has done and how they improved in various aspects over the course of the Early Access, the anti-cheat side is just crap as always.

This cheating has not started with DR. It started way before even Race Driver GRID came out. First DiRT game has stupid cheat times. They haven't done anything to prevent cheating, so the famous "we can't talk about anti-cheat to not help hackers" is in this case just a blatant BS to make us think that something is being done.
If they would invest in a 3rd party anti-cheat, the reception of the games would go up. Obviously it's not free but unlike other games where you can actually do something about it (Blizzard games for example), racing games are the kind where changes are being done in the game and don't impact the server side of things, which quite honestly doesn't exist in racing games after all. Nothing is server sided regarding the physics.
Codemasters claim they are the biggest racing games company on the planet... well then get your act together and protect your business. This blatant lack of any action towards cheaters for the past decade is more than an insult towards every legit players face that bought your games with even the slightest intent of online competition. In this aspect even EA is better, since they at least provide Punkbuster with their games (ignore the fact that 9/10 times it doesn't help at all).

JZStudios said:
Wonder how that works.
Would love to know too. One of the main reasons for me moving away from PC was because it was always easier to actually cheat whereas Console versions puts 'most' of that to a stop. With consoles, it's more to do with cutting and bug exploits, not outright cheating.  But yeah, CM have done an amazing job with DR; just hope they don't let this get out of hand on both PC AND console versions which would just mean a dark shadow over all the efforts they have shown so far.
I'm all for getting rid of the cutting too!

getting out of hand it is out of hand !

top ten - twenty on literally every track now on pc is 90 percent cheats ! there is 5 or six of us off here who can do legit fast times often top 1-10 then rest mainly cheats.its a case of oh i will try this one hopefully the cheats/trainer nabs havent done this track. you put in what should be a top 5 times sometimes world record then see some guy has magically beaten you by 30 secs !

the games made beautifully but why oh why with no stopping cheats.its not new as mentioned above most are similar cheats that been used for 10 years !

you have the best PC rally game ever made getting ace reviews everywhere yet letting hackers/cheaters taint that . it really does pee me off.why i go on so much is because i been sending the screenshots in as asked and 90 percent of them still there.

In all honesty I dont really care about the leaderboards at all. I just drive.

But then again I usually have times in the 200 area so this is probably not my area anyway

I like to pretend that the hacked times does not exist - makes all the hard work put into a stage a lot more rewarding.

I like to pretend that the hacked times does not exist - makes all the hard work put into a stage a lot more rewarding.
True, but that nasty feeling that some kiddo pushed a button and beat you by 10+ seconds is still there.

Totally get what you are saying @dgeesi0
I do understand your plight...the same feeling I had for years when exclusively playing on PC. Unfortunately, no matter what the Devs do, at least on PC version, there will always be someone who will look to cheat the game. I don't understand it myself really, why cheat? It doesn't actually make you any better, just looks good on the Leaderboards. I would love CM to do something like "Top 10 Drivers on leaderboards to go Head to Head in Pro League!!" announcement. Pretty sure the cheaters are suddenly going to have some sort of illness or disappear of the face of the earth. Something like this to call them out and prove they can do a stage in 1 second....

Look at it this way, play the game for PB's THEN have a gander at the leaderboards and discount any stupid times to gauge what level you may be at. I find I don't get upset about it as much then lol
That's what I do and generally get really bloody excited for having beaten a PB by 2secs hahahah

That's weird, normally there's always something in May. A well kept secret?

I don't think Rally & F1 is enough... Something fishy for sure.

MrDeap said:
That's weird, normally there's always something in May. A well kept secret?

I don't think Rally & F1 is enough... Something fishy for sure.
The evo studio guys? Already confirmed they're working on a new IP.

I genuinely think that was a glitch/anomaly though, rather than blatant cheating.  It's just a real pity that the console isn't 'quite' on a par visually with a good PC, but I'm happy to sacrifice some quality for proper head to head competition!

I haven't had a lot of gaming time for the past few weeks.  

In the last fortnight, I have lost my dad, but gained a son...  Life can be really strange some times