DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

My condolences and congratulations to you @KevM that is an unfortunate situation.

@KevM very sorry for your loss, my sympathies #communityreasons   

gfRally said:
urgaffel said:

Nothing to see here is 18 characters too short

@urgaffel  more like

HAHAHA that shit's hilarious. Couldn't help myself, laughed like a douche at work :)

So, gaff in the new video? or, a change they got approved? 

You can drive the 208 on gravel in the game, so how is it a gaff? o.O

You can drive the 208 on gravel in the game, so how is it a gaff? o.O
Only if you make a league and set this car and a gravel track (which is a loophole, that they probably just missed). You can't drive it on gravel in custom races or career (yet, hopefully :blush: )

@KevM
Sorry to hear about your loss, I can only offer my heartfelt condolences too :(
However, I am sure your wee boy will bring you much joy :)

@KevM I'm sorry to hear about your father. Nothing can prepare you for the loss of a parent but I can assure you, that (based on personal experience) you will become stronger. That strength will serve you very well with your new found responsibility as a father. Congratulations! Enjoy every single moment of the incredible journey you are setting out on. 

Yup, the 208 is truly a unique driving experience. In a bad way ;)

I actually quite like the tight feel the 208 has, however the slightly incomplete tyre phsyics on tarmac mean it feels weird once you push past that point, it just becomes, buttery? :)

Anyway, yeah, point being, you can't drive it on gravel, and i didn't know you could get round it with the leagues, interesting.  It was, iirc, a licensing thing only allowing on tarmac, hence why i found it odd their official video would show it on gravel only.

Also made me pause the vid at the Abu Dhabi Fiesta, i know there is a look-a-like, but i couldn't tell from memory if that was the same one that's in game.

KevM said:
I experienced one cheater on Xbox in the short time I've played it, he finished full gravel pikes peak in 4 mins on the final event of a league and cost me 2nd place
I genuinely think that was a glitch/anomaly though, rather than blatant cheating.  It's just a real pity that the console isn't 'quite' on a par visually with a good PC, but I'm happy to sacrifice some quality for proper head to head competition!

I haven't had a lot of gaming time for the past few weeks.  

In the last fortnight, I have lost my dad, but gained a son...  Life can be really strange some times
yes it can be very strange.i had a nice Christmas for eg then my mum passed in January hit me like a brick wall.went to town doing dirt rally videos playing it helped take mind of it.

you gained a son which is probably the best thing in life.congrats.

happy driving and wish your son the best ;)

Rally School - techniques for beginners: Day 1

:)

I don't know which day of Rally(cross) School this is but my son is quite an advanced driver now :)

All the best KevM!

@KevM I'm no baby expert, but he doesn't look very happy about it. Just like a "You can't make me" look. Maybe it's the school part. I always fell asleep in school.
@PaloSamo That driving view looks awful. He's got to look so far up. He does have a sweet Recaro race seat though.

He can't take constructive criticism JZ, that, and the fact that I didn't chose the livery he picked for the Manta :)

@JZStudios @RinusRally  It was just a set up for a photographic session a while ago (he can't reach the pedals). The monitor comes down and closer for the real thing. He sits on daddy's lap as the Recaro seat is his everyday car seat. Daddy controls pedals, gearstick and handbrake while he is in full control of the steering wheel. Full harmony :)

PaloSamo said:
@JZStudios @RinusRally  It was just a set up for a photographic session a while ago (he can't reach the pedals). The monitor comes down and closer for the real thing. He sits on daddy's lap as the Recaro seat is his everyday car seat. Daddy controls pedals, gearstick and handbrake while he is in full control of the steering wheel. Full harmony :)

Oh good. Looked like he would get an awful crick in his neck. I remember my dad letting me drive around the neighborhood like that. He likes to throttle.

DirtGame.com is down.  Hopefully RaceNet is getting a needed update?

Hopefully, I was home a few days ago and couldn't connect to the dallies which was a bit annoying. Struggled to get on the league as well, then ended up crashing out my own league! :(

In other rally game news, there is a trailer for the rally part of Valentino Rossi: the game 
https://youtu.be/nnltvmvkM6E

I guess it will be using seb loeb's physics model?

Hopefully, I was home a few days ago and couldn't connect to the dallies which was a bit annoying. Struggled to get on the league as well, then ended up crashing out my own league! :(

In other rally game news, there is a trailer for the rally part of Valentino Rossi: the game 
https://youtu.be/nnltvmvkM6E

I guess it will be using seb loeb's physics model?
I'd imagine so, or at least an evolution of.

Wow, it looks like sh*t...                                                            

Darhour said:
I wouldn't expect any less from Milestone

Darhour said:
I think you meant to say "any better" ;)

Darhour said:
I think you meant to say "any better" ;)
Yup, because I can definitely still expect less from them, because they're outrageously shite.