DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Evilsmurf said:

GT is Sony's answer to Microsoft's Forza. A full GT game will have around 40-50 tracks 900+ cars, full tuning and customising, custom replay options, full photo mode, basically-everything Forza has.

GT Sport looks like a cut down version of what the full game will be like. Historically, from around GT3 I think, GT has always released a prologue version of the game, basically a big demo up to a year before the full game. My guess is GT Sport is a taster of what's to come. 

I enjoy both Forza and GT as I did have both consoles for a while.

Fair enough. I'm probably wrong, but from what I've heard, and with that many cars, does it not start to really lose quality? Was it the last GT that had so many cars, but only a few hundred of them came with proper modelled interiors and such?

I think the last two GT games only had a few hundred "premium cars" with fully detailed interior views. They did patch in a generic black interior view for all the rest, but they did get slated badly for it. Also a lot of the other models where ripped straight from GT4.

Wasn't a huge problem for me personally as out of 900+ cars I only ever used 10, and they were premium cars anyway :) 

Evilsmurf said:

GT is Sony's answer to Microsoft's Forza. A full GT game will have around 40-50 tracks 900+ cars, full tuning and customising, custom replay options, full photo mode, basically-everything Forza has.

GT Sport looks like a cut down version of what the full game will be like. Historically, from around GT3 I think, GT has always released a prologue version of the game, basically a big demo up to a year before the full game. My guess is GT Sport is a taster of what's to come. 

I enjoy both Forza and GT as I did have both consoles for a while.

In fairness Forza is Microsoft's answer to Sony's GT ;)

Evilsmurf said:
It's not really like that. GT Sport is their e-sports title. The championships in them are officially recognised by FIA. To put it in simple terms, winners of those championship will actually attend the FIA award ceremony along with those that competed in the real life ones. It's quite a... huge thing for the e-sports.

Naturally, the game being an e-sports title, they don't need all the cars they can get, so they're focusing only on the racing ones, since you'll be competing in those. GT7 will be coming out later this year though. At least Kazunori Yamauchi informed some time ago that fans won't have to wait till 2017 for GT7.

From the looks of the reveal, the handling still looks arcade like. If it's to be recognised by the FIA, I would of hoped for a more realistic model.
Oh well. I'll get it anyway

Lack of the promised GT Sport beta is the only bad thing, in my opinion. Have to wait until november for GT and Assetto Corsa's console release was delayed till late august as well.
Since I can't stand Project Cars there's only DiRT Rally on PS4 for me. I'm not complaining, just wish for more content :P

Evilsmurf said:
From the looks of the reveal, the handling still looks arcade like. If it's to be recognised by the FIA, I would of hoped for a more realistic model.
Oh well. I'll get it anyway

might not be the exact same people, but we Know with WRC5 etc, FIA doesn't care about realism, just the flashy bits.

v3 physics for DR will be awesome :-) Wonder if all the times will be reset when it happens though.

Dytut said:
v3 physics for DR will be awesome :-) Wonder if all the times will be reset when it happens though.
It's not really V3 physics. More like a small step on the way to V3 according to Paul. Still I'm pumped :)

I don't think we will be seeing it in this game. I would imagine it's much more likely to be work on the next game

Slightly back to GT, my brother had 4 on the PS2 and it didn't have any damage modelling then either. And I sure hope that the GT game coming out for PS4 isn't continuing to use PS2 assets. At least Forza makes new models every generation. I've also heard that GT's 900 cars are like, an 07 Camry and an 08 Camry, where the 08 has a new paint color or rear bumper, but everything else is the same.

I'm very interested in what the team have been doing for this next patch, it most certainly isn't physics V3, but i would hazard a guess at it being something they have started looking at for the next title.  Even if it's just the beginning of something, they obviously saw bugs that this might address.

Paul didn't say which of the subjects we were talking about that it might address, it could be the aero, it could be the tarmac stuff.....

There was a hint of something being talked about for dirt rally in the next road book, which sounds interesting

There was a hint of something being talked about for dirt rally in the next road book, which sounds interesting
Yup, two more weeks :(
looking forward to it though :)

Yup, two more weeks :(
looking forward to it though :)
Guess it will be a good weekend, I'm heading up to STPR 

hopefully the v3 is good. wiping tables means nothing though if cheaters are still in. also worrying is some struggle with default set ups in dirt rally hopefully none of those beta test or have input. otherwise we could end up with pjcars lol.

the game needs on pc a proper anticheat.

It's not going to be V3, it just isn't.  They're already building the next game, this will just be something they're able to tweak into the existing engine. 

I will be *very* surprised if the change is enough for them to wipe all the leader boards.

It's not going to be V3, it just isn't.  They're already building the next game, this will just be something they're able to tweak into the existing engine. 

I will be *very* surprised if the change is enough for them to wipe all the leader boards.
You'd be surprised what small changes can do.

Oh, i know :)  But what i'm saying is that i would be *very* surprised if they make a change that would enough knock on effect to warrant a leaderboard reset.

What i do know, is that half the reason it's taken so long to get this patch, is due to a fairly deep underlying issue that requires a lot more testing to confirm it hasn't broken a bunch of things that use it.  Honestly not sure where i saw that, perhaps it was the 'vacationing' @ChristinaMc ?

dgeesi0 said:
also worrying is some struggle with default set ups in dirt rally hopefully none of those beta test or have input. otherwise we could end up with pjcars lol.

You have a lot of people who could drive a real world rally car on a rally experience, they are for sale in supermarkets and chemists! They could keep it on track because they know how to drive a car though compared to the instructor they would be dead slow. The instructor would be relatively slow compared to the world's best WRC drivers. If a couple of mates go on a rally experience they just compare each other's times, they don't care about world records because they aren't WRC drivers.

In a perfect simulation the novice rally driver would have the same experience.

Oh, i know :)  But what i'm saying is that i would be *very* surprised if they make a change that would enough knock on effect to warrant a leaderboard reset.
Any change that alters performance requires a leaderboard reset. And any alteration to physics will do just that.

Honestly not sure where i saw that, perhaps it was the 'vacationing' @ChristinaMc ?
That sounds like a cheesy horror movie.

Starring:
@KickUp as the father
@Porkhammer as the "special" son
... I just woke up from a long night, I got nothing.

Any change that alters performance requires a leaderboard reset. And any alteration to physics will do just that.
And there we have it, 1) that's not quite true, and 2) we don't know if that's what Paul was talking about.

Happy to sea Red Bull TV has picked up the Global Rallycross Championship. Round 1 is up with 80 minutes of footage! :smiley:

http://www.redbull.tv/videos/event-stream-682/day-1-phoenix-arizona-united-states