DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Areyouben said:
Happy to sea Red Bull TV has picked up the Global Rallycross Championship. Round 1 is up with 80 minutes of footage! :smiley:

http://www.redbull.tv/videos/event-stream-682/day-1-phoenix-arizona-united-states
In Phoenix? I could've gone... oh well.

Ok, so I haven't really tried any FFB mod since CM tweaked the FFB in early EA and it felt good enough to me. Just of curiosity I tried that same updated mod again this evening and I just have one big grin on my face. It's feels absolutely superb on my T500RS! Imo it actually brought the game to a new level. 

The biggest imrovement is the feeling on tarmac, something that DR has lacked since the beginning. With this mod the feeling of numb FFB on tarmac is pretty much erased. It feels alot tighter and give me feedback and roadfeel even on the straights. 
On gravel the improvement isn't as big as the original FFB always felt good, but it's still an improvement. I can really hang out the back end of my fav Fiat 131 and it feels bloody awesome! I've used the Fiat 131 as my test subject btw, so I can't speak for all cars.

I've basically had my previous wheel settings unchanged with this mod, the only change I made was to the suspension setting. I lowered that from 65 to 20.

SAT - 65
Wheel friction - 0
Tyre friction - 0
Suspension - 20
Tyre slip - 0
Collision - 65
Soft lock - 65
Steering center force - 100

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/impact-force-feedback.6603/

dgeesi0 said:
well v3 shouldnt be that long anyway or the next patch.
Don't hold your horses. There won't we V3 any time soon.

bogani said:
dgeesi0 said:
well v3 shouldnt be that long anyway or the next patch.
Don't hold your horses. There won't we V3 any time soon.
@dgeesi0 is getting far too excited over the change Paul mentioned :)
It certainly will not be v3 and it was vague enough to include possible air time issues after v2.

I really don't think we will be seeing a huge handling overhaul now that ea is over and it's out on console. The changes will most likely be in the next title

i dont think it will change much tbh im not that bothered about the handling more the rampant cheating on pc.that needs to be sorted.man its like a broken record but some tracks top 20-30 are cheats or majority.

its annoying because cause it only really effects a few you know its not being dealt with as it should be.when a guys 30 secs at top just ban him.its obvious hes cheating.

cant wait for a game that actually puts stopping cheats as a priority as most dont and havent done for years.

cuts also on wales still not fixed yet.im praying they are in the next patch.it effects half the tracks. when you factor in cheats and cuts on wales and trying to do top times its almost pointless trying.

It's not DiRTy Gossip, but it's just two days until the World Rallycross Championship round at Lydden and I CAN'T WAIT

That is all. Carry on. 

tbtstt said:
It's not DiRTy Gossip, but it's just two days until the World Rallycross Championship round at Lydden and I CAN'T WAIT

That is all. Carry on. 
I see Tanner Foust is competing 

Areyouben said:
I only expect some simple variables to be tweaked, no big code changes.
Some variables mostly related to aerodynamics ?  :tongue:

gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
It's not DiRTy Gossip, but it's just two days until the World Rallycross Championship round at Lydden and I CAN'T WAIT

That is all. Carry on. 

I wonder who between "Foxy" Foust and "hollywood" Solbert will win....probably Solberg

Nice thing in WRX is that for once, Loeb is NOT dominating and he have to actually compete against others

just saw this: Maybe they will improve?

https://twitter.com/wrcthegame/status/735849520593010689

If they take all the good of DR and all the good of Loeb evo than it can be good :open_mouth:
then you will just have DR agin

dgeesi0 said:
cant wait for a game that actually puts stopping cheats as a priority as most dont and havent done for years.
I agree but first the priority has to be for multiplayer game and there doesn't seem to be the market in online racing & rallying sims to support this other than through charging a premium subscription like iRacing to make it viable. It does seem odd, a decade or so ago it seemed that all games would be predominately multiplayer but it just hasn't happened with this genre.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/wrc_6/news/wrc_6_announced_for_ps4_xbox_one_and_pc.html

Wrc 6, will probably be bad, but still, they could surprise

gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
It's not DiRTy Gossip, but it's just two days until the World Rallycross Championship round at Lydden and I CAN'T WAIT

That is all. Carry on. 

I wonder who between "Foxy" Foust and "hollywood" Solbert will win....probably Solberg

Nice thing in WRX is that for once, Loeb is NOT dominating and he have to actually compete against others
Foust was a bit disappointing last year, I was expecting him to be a lot quicker. Hopefully he'll be back up there this year. 

If the car works OK then the Focus should, in theory at least, be quick at Lydden. Plus you've got Guy Wilks in the mix. Question is, can any of them stop Ekstrom at the moment?

My advice to Milestones or Kylotonn they are all same: "steal the handling model from RBR, no TOP Drivers will witness you except RBR and DR players." :)

yes steal the unrealistic driving handling from rbr .that will advance you. :D

how about get some of the cars you adding drive them in the conditions you adding and make notes and im not being funny document the experience .

Hopefully it will be an improvement. I know the physics guy from Kyloton really enjoy DR and praised it several times over on Racedepartment forum. Posted several videos driving the Mk2. Seems like a really good bloke when talking to him.

He clearly stated that they had no time to develop a deep enough handling model for WRC 5 and did not aim to set any sim standards, but that they wanted tio improve on that for upcoming games.

Having good handling is pointless, if they don't improve their track design. WRC5 tracks are abomination.

This looks slightly more promising though.

xkevlarx said:
Having good handling is pointless, if they don't improve their track design. WRC5 tracks are abomination.

This looks slightly more promising though.

They said in the videogamer article I posted that stages would be longer and more narrow. Could actually prove to be an alright game

I'll keep my mind open untill we get some videoes. Like I always say. The more Rallygames the better.

I really hope they don't fuck WRC 6 up. I'd just really like some good competition for DR, even if it's just for the sole purpose of once again having an official WRC games that's great fun to play. Obviously there hasn't been that level of fun since the Evo Studios PS2 days. 

There's hope when they're actively listening to the feedback from their first game though (longer and narrower stages), because let's not forget, their first attempt had to be rushed due to when they were brought in to develop the game. WRC 5 was never gonna be great. They seem to be a lot more interactive with their fanbase as well, a lot more so than Milestone ever were. They're talking to people pretty much daily on their Facebook and Twitter. I've even had several responses from them within an hour of tweeting. 

Fingers crossed!

what we must all remember is when selling anything the salesman always puts in a pitch and tells you what you want to hear.

i do hope its a good game all the others have been pretty poor thats why its hard to think that the new one will be much better going on past games made.i could be wrong i hope so.more rally games the better.