DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

No point of playing the game anymore once you reach elite difficulty in rally. Everything is inpossible at that point, then the game become a P.O.S game where you only loose. i miss dirt 3. rally finland is f***** in this game. why put a jump on EVERY f***n turn??? so overkill. wish i could get my money back!

GGN said:
No point of playing the game anymore once you reach elite difficulty in rally. Everything is inpossible at that point, then the game become a P.O.S game where you only loose. i miss dirt 3. rally finland is f***** in this game. why put a jump on EVERY f***n turn??? so overkill. wish i could get my money back!
It's a real stage in a real forest, complain to God

GGN said:
not very constructive, nor appropriate thread.  Gotta beef with DR make your own thread.  Still have a problem, turn to alcohol or kick a puppy if that feels good to you, it will help the devs just as much.  

gfRally said:
not very constructive, nor appropriate thread.  Gotta beef with DR make your own thread.  Still have a problem, turn to alcohol or kick a puppy if that feels good to you, it will help the devs just as much.  
I think there are so many threads, that he doesn't even have to do that much. Throw a rock and you're probably gonna find a thread that explains his "issue" perfectly.

gfRally said:
I think there are so many threads, that he doesn't even have to do that much. Throw a rock and you're probably gonna find a thread that explains his "issue" perfectly.
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/203/mentalmidget
oh yeah, forgot about that one :open_mouth:

GGN said:
just stick at it ad practice.elite isnt that hard once you learn the cars and stages.

Also, with WRC 6 announced, we can probably rule out cm next game having the WRC license
Still keeping the WRX one most likely (no, not the Subaru, let's stay away from that off-topic xD).

GGN said:
I still kinda agree with him though. The jumps and crests are a tad exagerated imo. Finland feels like it still got one foot in the old Dirt games compared to the quality of Wales and Sweden.

Also, with WRC 6 announced, we can probably rule out cm next game having the WRC license
Still keeping the WRX one most likely (no, not the Subaru, let's stay away from that off-topic xD).
I can sense Subaru Impreza 22B S6 WRX S1 STi Quattro E2 WRC in that comment.

Good. I feel like Dirt would eventually turn into somethinh like the F1 games if they had the WRC license. If they were going to get a licence for a championship they should get the BRC license instead.

bogani said:
GGN said:
I still kinda agree with him though. The jumps and crests are a tad exagerated imo. Finland feels like it still got one foot in the old Dirt games compared to the quality of Wales and Sweden.
I don't think it's the stages, I think they're fairly accurate, it's just the game's physics don't calculate the jumps well e.g. The cars fly too much

Good. I feel like Dirt would eventually turn into somethinh like the F1 games if they had the WRC license. If they were going to get a licence for a championship they should get the BRC license instead.
BRC RGT class. 

bogani said:
GGN said:
I don't think it's the stages, I think they're fairly accurate, it's just the game's physics don't calculate the jumps well e.g. The cars fly too much
After the V2 Physics pass, I felt some of the older jumps felt a bit longer too. Or maybe it was just me, I don't know. I think they fixed gravel but threw Tarmac off a bit and made the cars too floaty as a side effect.

The game was built around V1, so I think when v2 was added it didn't suit everything. Some things improved, others were slightly worse off, such as jumps

Nomnom. Opted for F1 beta. Hope my experience with F1 cars in Automoblista will be a great  deal on helping Codemasters developing a better more awesome F1 game ::hushed: 
Signed up for the closed beta as well. Crossing my fingers for getting in. I'm hoping that this'll be the F1 dev.team's DiRT Rally.

That box art though. Yikes. Just as bad as last year's.

"Talk DiRTy to me"

(I know the body is too short, you don't have to remind me every single time!)

That WRC gameplay is just oui oui baguettes croissants and showing off the damage model in the game. Which is more than DR's currently.

The ride seems a bit too smooth, no bumps and such. It looks like the car is gliding over the track, even when leaving it.