DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

It looks like its on water, actually.  Watching it literally makes me a bit nauseous.  Graphics look good, but the uneven track now makes the car float.  This is from 1 video where the drivers have never driven a real car, no a car game outside their phones.  Ugh, they are awful, at least make yourselves look respectable by editing out some of you mistakes.

Here is a better edit from a russian? site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozisWz7q7sY  

gfRally said:
Here is a better edit from a russian? site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozisWz7q7sY  

I'm pretty sure that's WRC 5 in that video. The footage is from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8IFDXQEzQA

@Jepsertti  Ok, I was a little confused..  I was going to comment about the WIDE roads, too ;)

Darhour said:
Why is Luke being evil?? Share with us some gossip mate!
He probably signed a NDA.
Most likely, yes. Seeing WRC 6 with beautiful visuals and frivolous handling model makes me startled to expect whether CM is planning on snatching the WRC license from Kylotonn to make an exceptional rally game or at least sharing a screenshot with us to enjoy the intrigue and propose analyses for it.

Darhour said:
Well, he better. Those pacenotes won't read themselves.

the video above looks like cm3 for yesteryear . cant say im impressed. need to see bonnet view tbh.

in third person looks like most other old crappy car games that are stuck on a middle post and just turn :)

zoliRX said:
Darhour said:
Well, he better. Those pacenotes won't read themselves.

I would think it's more of a gentleman's agreement to not say anything public.   Luke has known Paul for quite awhile, maybe longer personally, than most of us gossipers.  It was probably off the record talk amongst friends anyhow, so Luke may be allowed to troll us, but won't give away anything.

Maybe we'll get some info in the months ahead.  Codies is hiring a lot lately.  I have seen a few content related jobs for hire too.  So Im not sure how that relates directly with speed of delivery, but we know for sure there is some type of rally game coming out in the future.  I am going to guess it may be a little diverse like previous titles, though.

Here is my gossip prediction.  The next rally title may boot rallycross in favor of some truck like rally raid content.  Grid would inherit the rallycross since it would probably go back to more circuit racing and rallycross being a circuit track, would mix some variety into the title.  Possibility from a marketing standpoint they would sell both titles to rally fans and the tarmac racing would add the mix for us.

This maybe be the worst idea ever, but I will always buy Grid and Dirt titles as long as they exist.  I try to like F1 but it's just not my style.

gfRally said:
Here is my gossip prediction.  The next rally title may boot rallycross in favor of some truck like rally raid content.  Grid would inherit the rallycross since it would probably go back to more circuit racing and rallycross being a circuit track, would mix some variety into the title.  Possibility from a marketing standpoint they would sell both titles to rally fans and the tarmac racing would add the mix for us.
Given that Evolution Studios is now a part of Codemasters and that they are working on a new IP, I would say they probably will ditch the GRID name like they did with TOCA (GRID is essentially a TOCA anyway, just more... varied).
So your prediction can be very on point, since when they went from TOCA to GRID, they added a lot of different motorsports to the touring part. If they would now add rallycross (maybe even more rally relatent content, like the trophy trucks, Raid cars etc.) to it then what's left is figuring how they'll name this one. Again something made of 4 letters most likely.

Whatever they'll come up, it's going to be an evolution of the GRID series most likely (that pun... not intended though xD). Given that DiRT Rally has been confirmed that it was essentially a prototype to convince the higher-ups, the next DiRT title is most likely going to be that full on, nothing held back, rally title that is just bigger and better DiRT Rally. Bring up the PBR engine hype :D 

dgeesi0 said:
the video above looks like cm3 for yesteryear . cant say im impressed. need to see bonnet view tbh. in third person looks like most other old crappy car games that are stuck on a middle post and just turn :)
That reminded me...

:lol:

Holy heck, that road in the WRC5 screenshot is 6 or 7 lanes wide! I'm glad I never bothered with that game.

zoliRX said:
That reminded me...

WRC 5 has closer to CMR 2005 than DiRT 3 in terms of visuals. I would assume they went with similar numbering xD

zoliRX said:
That reminded me...

WRC 5 has closer to CMR 2005 than DiRT 3 in terms of visuals. I would assume they went with similar numbering xD
I replayed all DiRT games prior to DR's release and I'd say they easily rival SLRE and WRC5 as far as graphics go.

V-Rally 3 actually looks quite nice :)

Dirt 3 and Dirt Rally look practically the same if judging from that screenshot.

zoliRX said:
zoliRX said:
That reminded me...

I replayed all DiRT games prior to DR's release and I'd say they easily rival SLRE and WRC5 as far as graphics go.
I find DiRT 2 to look better than DiRT 3 (apart from obviously lower poly cars), and Colin Mcrae DiRT is about on par with SLRE and WRC5. SLRE does have moments when it looks really good, but those are very rare. WRC 5 looks like a 10 year old game though all the time xD

zoliRX said:
zoliRX said:
That reminded me...

I find DiRT 2 to look better than DiRT 3 (apart from obviously lower poly cars), and Colin Mcrae DiRT is about on par with SLRE and WRC5. SLRE does have moments when it looks really good, but those are very rare. WRC 5 looks like a 10 year old game though all the time xD
I found it disappointing that they seemed to have downgraded the particles from DiRT 2 to DiRT 3. 2 even had an effect where, after a long gravel section, some of the loose dusty would fly off the car and leave a feint trail, and the first trails in general were longer and better looking.

*shameless self advertising* At least until my Insane Particles Mod * end of shameless self advertising*

urgaffel said:
:(

At least I cranked them back up for Dirt Rally ._.

*DiRT Rally.

*sigh* It's no wonder people keep misspelling it when even the devs are so lax about it.

(sorry!)

LOL, stalking WRC 5 Facebook page I realized that they copies the name of baumholder update in a weekly name of their game.
Tarmac Terrors DiRT Rally
Tarmac Terror WRC 5
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=592711187567593&substory_index=0&id=329071630598218
They cant even think a good name

I just trolled the post, almost hated to do it XD but had to call them out on it.

besides I'm bored right now