DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

gfRally said:
zoliRX said:
Darhour said:
Why is Luke being evil?? Share with us some gossip mate!
He probably signed a NDA.
Well, he better. Those pacenotes won't read themselves.

I would think it's more of a gentleman's agreement to not say anything public.   Luke has known Paul for quite awhile, maybe longer personally, than most of us gossipers.  It was probably off the record talk amongst friends anyhow, so Luke may be allowed to troll us, but won't give away anything.

Spot on there Mr Flinchbaugh. We didn't even talk about DiRT, or the future at least, until walking back to our cars at the end of the day. I shall look forward to teasing you guys in the future, but as I said, the future sounds like it's in safe hands :)  

So there has been some teasing about some fun stuff coming next roadbook. Which is tomorrow. What do you guys think it is?

My very unrealistic hope is that we'll get a new car. Probably not happening but hey, a guy can hope

Oh wow, no, just, no.  DR is feature complete now.

However, they did tease at reasonable re-work of something more underlying than normal for this stage in a games state, which i'm curious about :)

I'm hoping for new sounds for existing cars that are just using placeholders at the moment. Probably unlikely, but I'd like some supercharger whine on the Lancias.  ;)

I think the most likely thing would be announcements in regards to possible DLC, or at least a future plan for this game's development before whatever the next project is gets underway.

BadD0g said:
or at least a future plan for this game's development before whatever the next project is gets underway.
Or lack thereof stating that it's all being fueled into new project ;)

gfRally said:
zoliRX said:
Darhour said:

I would think it's more of a gentleman's agreement to not say anything public.   Luke has known Paul for quite awhile, maybe longer personally, than most of us gossipers.  It was probably off the record talk amongst friends anyhow, so Luke may be allowed to troll us, but won't give away anything.

Spot on there Mr Flinchbaugh. We didn't even talk about DiRT, or the future at least, until walking back to our cars at the end of the day. I shall look forward to teasing you guys in the future, but as I said, the future sounds like it's in safe hands :)  
I've heard where they're going, they don't even need roads......
Makes you wonder how the rallying works.....
I just kind of hope they don't do the Criterion thing and go, "Hey, were making a game, here's like 5 seconds of super early test footage." and then remain COMPLETELY quiet about it for 2 years. I was hoping Criterion would be a bit more DR based about being in an open development and at least giving people some interest. Then coming out with a golf game? Maybe that was a branch of people that left or something...

gfRally said:
zoliRX said:
Darhour said:

Good. You can be the new @justbiglee ;)

JZStudios said:
Maybe that was a branch of people that left or something...
That was indeed a studio made out of old Criterion members. First they are making that strange golf like game to get enough funds to create a spiritual successor to Burnout Takedown.

Dörp dörp whäre is rööd bok!? ;-)                

bogani said:
gfRally said:
zoliRX said:
Darhour said:

Good. You can be the new @justbiglee ;)
DON"T YOU SAY THAT! No one can ever replace Lee, He'll be in our hearts forever....

Dytut said:
Dörp dörp whäre is rööd bok!? ;-)                

Road book is once every two weeks isn't it? though we got a road book last Friday?

Edit: ignore me, roadbook is here!

https://www.dirtgame.com/blog/5631

Seems like stuff we've discussed here already. V2.5 physics!  ;)

No, there's no news yet, but some pretty big hints towards physics changes coming soon.

So basically overhaul of the current physics. I guess the next game will at least take a while like it was done to DR.

Physics changes, sure, synonymous with tweaks (which i think would be more accurate here)

"Overhaul" -  Er, no!  i can almost guarantee that's the incorrect word to use here.

Yup. Don't expect too much. Some tweaking. Not anything near V1 to V2.

I do wonder why the "Peak" was written with first letter being in upper case in the Road Book. Pointing that something will be changed about Pikes Peak possibly?

Areo fix/update, and maybe all cars available on pikes peak?

Dytut said:
*very* unlikely, that's a licensing thing.

Dytut said:
*very* unlikely, that's a licensing thing.
Maybe they managed to update it? And there has been much demand for it.

Only time will tell

It would be a lot of licensing/cost for all cars for that, it's not going to be something they would invest in, post release.  Maybe for DR2 or whatever follows.