DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Jepsertti said:
I will never get the thing of VR. 

1. Buglars/Robbers can rob you when you have your headphone/headset + VR on your head. 
4. Someone can easily murder you too according to point 1. 
Remember kids, this is why you never deal drugs.
You are completely gone from the real world. You hear the game/video, you see the game/video. So you aren't aware of reality. So people be very careful, very silent and rob the house.

Imagine you are doing VR in your living room or so. Downstairs. It's night, and people can see through your window or curtains. If someone sees you are wearing VR and headphones he/she knows you probably aren't aware of the reality, because you are busy gaming, etc. so he/she has to change to break in your house, and just wander and looking for good stuff. And when you are done gaming or whatever and you take off the VR. You will be shocked. 
I'll report here as soon as this has happened to me. Keep checking back at least twice a day else you might miss it.

Also, why would 'he/she' need to change, I can't see their clothes while wearing a VR headset?

Yes. VR will obviously die a quick death as burglars and murderers will have christmas every day.

On a more serious note, what makes me skeptical about VR in DR is the limited wheel animation that will kill the immersion instantly. The cockpits are also quite bland graphically.

Games like AC with 1:1 steering animation though, that's another story. That I'm kinda curious about.

bogani said:
On a more serious note, what makes me skeptical about VR in DR is the limited wheel animation that will kill the immersion instantly. The cockpits are also quite bland graphically.
I hope this will be fixed in the VR update, easy fix might be to hide the hands so no animation is needed for those, and just sync the wheel rotation.

patch is live ! go go go B)                                                                                    

1.11 Patch is up!  bug fixes, and a looks like they have secured better licensing for PP official logos, and improved handling for PP cars.

Patch notes:
http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/06/dirt-rally-update-version-1-11/

Details:

Hello DiRT fans – our latest patch has landed! Here’s the list of fixes that v. 1.11 will be bringing to DiRT Rally:

• Game – Excessive knocking effect on wheels when playing rallycross (All platforms).
  • Racenet – Community Delta times should now display correctly (All platforms).
  • Game – AI for Classic and S1600 Rallycross adjusted to have more variety (All platforms).
  • Leaderboards – They will no longer be blank and the difference column works (All platforms).
  • Racenet – League events can now be restarted if you terminally damage, quit or complete an event (All platforms).
  • Community – Fixed the missing string that was being displayed in a very specific situation when Racenet was unavailable (All platforms).
  • Graphics – Fixes for rain effects displaying incorrectly on some AMD cards (PC).
  • Graphics – Motion blur being applied to cars in bonnet camera and in replays (PC).
  • Audio – Co-driver call near sector 2 in Russian is now played in the correct language (PC).
  • Game – Fix to prevent unrealistic AI times being shown on Hillclimb if you save and quit after finishing a time for Run 1 (PC).
  • Audio -Spotter call during the results screen for Portuguese Brazilian is now played in the correct language (PC).
  • Graphics – Rain causing bad reflections on some windscreens (XB1).
  • Achievements – The Only Way Is Up achievement now unlocks correctly (XB1).

Finally, we’ve also been investigating your concerns and comments about the weak FFB on certain Thrustmaster wheels. It’s still something we’re looking at, but the difference between the T300 and other Thrustmaster wheels is that the FFB is perfectly linear, with the intention of providing more realistic vehicle handling. In the first instance, we’ve been suggesting look at the settings that Thrustmaster have recommended – and some players have also found that reverting to PS3 mode, then re-enabling PS4 mode, will solve the issue.

Now, on to the fun stuff – you may notice that the patch doesn’t just bring fixes, but some additions to the content on DiRT Rally… We’ll discuss these in closer detail in tomorrow’s Road Book – but to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, we’ve added the following content:

• Art – We’ve updated Pikes Peak International Hill Climb to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the event, complete with official PPIHC logos and branding.
  • Game – We’ve updated the handling on the Hill Climb cars so that you can really attack the iconic Hill Climb course.

TURBODEVIN19 said:
[...]
Now, on to the fun stuff - you may notice that the patch doesn’t just bring fixes, but some additions to the content on DiRT Rally... We’ll discuss these in closer detail in tomorrow’s Road Book – but to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, we’ve added the following content: [..]
So there is more new content than Pikes Peak stuff right? Gotta ge home and check it out.

Krusi said:
TURBODEVIN19 said:
[...]
Now, on to the fun stuff - you may notice that the patch doesn’t just bring fixes, but some additions to the content on DiRT Rally... We’ll discuss these in closer detail in tomorrow’s Road Book – but to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, we’ve added the following content: [..]
So there is more new content than Pikes Peak stuff right? Gotta ge home and check it out.
Improved hillclimb handling as stated right after that. 

Ok, did a quick Pikes Peak tarmac run with Quattro, here's what you can expect:
- brakes now don't lock up insta mode and are a lot more reliable (braking distance reduced as a result as well)
- high-speed acceleration is now definitely worse, I can't get to top speed with the same gearing as I could before the update
- grip... there's a downforce grip on those cars :D They behave... as you would expect. Truly great stuff.
- setups are deleted but you can still apply the Workshop ones, although their values will be altered (I've updated mine so it will work)

Can't wait for this fix to hit rally tarmac side. It's going to be blast then :D

Krusi said:
TURBODEVIN19 said:
[...]
Improved hillclimb handling as stated right after that. 
I'm going to assume these are minor, but I could be wrong 

Ok, did a quick Pikes Peak tarmac run with Quattro, here's what you can expect:
- brakes now don't lock up insta mode and are a lot more reliable (braking distance reduced as a result as well)
- high-speed acceleration is now definitely worse, I can't get to top speed with the same gearing as I could before the update
- grip... there's a downforce grip on those cars :D They behave... as you would expect. Truly great stuff.
- setups are deleted but you can still apply the Workshop ones, although their values will be altered (I've updated mine so it will work)

Can't wait for this fix to hit rally tarmac side. It's going to be blast then :D

As the rally cars have nowhere near the size of spoilers/wings there probably won't be much of a difference. We've been told this fix is for PP onl:dizzy:

What I find interestng is how the wings/downforce was broken before.

bogani said:
As the rally cars have nowhere near the size of spoilers/wings there probably won't be much of a difference. We've been told this fix is for PP onl:dizzy: 

What I find interestng is how the wings/downforce was broken before.
Either there won't be much, or there will be enough to make a difference. I would say the second, if that fix will ever arrive on the rally side of things. Crossing my fingers for that one.

As to that wings/downforce, the cars now behave the exact opposite of how they behaved before the update, aka now they are stable at high speed and not likely to slide (along with being a lot more planted), while a lot more agile/twitchy/responsive on the lower speeds which helps with cornering. Seems like my theory with inverted downforce may not have been completely bonkers as some tried to make it seem :p

Whatever it was though, glad it worked as now the only thing that is seriously wrong is the cars performance, as demonstrated by the screenshot below:

After a few PP runs I can share my thoughts about level of grip/downforce after this patch:

I really like how well 208 and 205 are handling now. A lot less twitchy. I can actually run whole stage without crashing :P

bogani said:
I hope this will be fixed in the VR update, easy fix might be to hide the hands so no animation is needed for those, and just sync the wheel rotation.

You can switch off the arms in the options now and get 1:1 wheel movement.

bogani said:
Yes. VR will obviously die a quick death as burglars and murderers will have christmas every day.

Games like AC with 1:1 steering animation though, that's another story. That I'm kinda curious about.
Because AC isn't bland graphically.... or have weird jagged knuckles... apart from the fact that most people use a lower DOR in DR anyways.
As to @RinusRally ... well.. I was going to ask don't you already wear headphones when you play, then remembered your deaf... so... I mean realistically, they don't even have to be quiet. And unless your rigs pointed at the door your not going to see behind you anyways.
Also yeah, @TURBODEVIN19, please get back to us when you've been murdered by death. It'd be interesting to get

JZStudios said:
bogani said:

Because AC isn't bland graphically.... or have weird jagged knuckles... apart from the fact that most people use a lower DOR in DR anyways.
As to @RinusRally ... well.. I was going to ask don't you already wear headphones when you play, then remembered your deaf... so... I mean realistically, they don't even have to be quiet. And unless your rigs pointed at the door your not going to see behind you anyways.
Also yeah, @TURBODEVIN19, please get back to us when you've been murdered by death. It'd be interesting to get
Cockpit textures and driver animation is better in AC. You can't possibly disagree? 

Single seaters with low DOR will probably be suited best for VR immersion.

I'll have to give the 208 a go on the tarmac PP. It has always been my least favorite car and track combo. It has always felt off and pretty damn terrible. Hopefully this patch will change my opinion and at last make it an enjoyable experience.

zoliRX said:
I'll have to give the 208 a go on the tarmac PP. It has always been my least favorite car and track combo. It has always felt off and pretty damn terrible. Hopefully this patch will change my opinion and at last make it an enjoyable experience.
It feels pretty good now. Did a 7:56 on my second run, now you can drive with a lot more confidence and it's actually enjoyable

zoliRX said:
Ano oversteer of death anymore, it's way more planted as expected. It still starts to squirm around in a strange way when pushed really hard.

bogani said:
zoliRX said:
Ano oversteer of death anymore, it's way more planted as expected. It still starts to squirm around in a strange way when pushed really hard.
I can't imagine a car that has 1:1 power to weight ratio, with power being 800BHP, to not squirm around when you push them hard.

@bogani stiffen it up some, it squirms hard, feels just like my kart did when i raced, awesome :)

Didzis said:
zoliRX said:
It feels pretty good now. Did a 7:56 on my second run, now you can drive with a lot more confidence and it's actually enjoyable
Feels soooo much better. I had nothing but almost pure hatred for it before but it's now slowly growing on me. Really liking this update.

Managed to do a 7:57 on my first run and 7:46 on my second run. And just now I set a new PB of 7:42.

zoliRX said:
Managed to do a 7:57 on my first run and 7:46 on my second run. And just now I set a new PB of 7:42.
Need to check if my 7:24 is still a WR xD

zoliRX said:
7:24?! I think I'll stick to the console leaderboards.

:lol:

zoliRX said:
 Not anymore. ;)