DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

bogani said:
JZStudios said:
bogani said:
Yes. VR will obviously die a quick death as burglars and murderers will have christmas every day.

On a more serious note, what makes me skeptical about VR in DR is the limited wheel animation that will kill the immersion instantly. The cockpits are also quite bland graphically.

Games like AC with 1:1 steering animation though, that's another story. That I'm kinda curious about.
Because AC isn't bland graphically.... or have weird jagged knuckles... apart from the fact that most people use a lower DOR in DR anyways.
As to @RinusRally ... well.. I was going to ask don't you already wear headphones when you play, then remembered your deaf... so... I mean realistically, they don't even have to be quiet. And unless your rigs pointed at the door your not going to see behind you anyways.
Also yeah, @TURBODEVIN19, please get back to us when you've been murdered by death. It'd be interesting to get
Cockpit textures and driver animation is better in AC. You can't possibly disagree? 

Single seaters with low DOR will probably be suited best for VR immersion.
Eh, Haven't really looked in the DR cockpits. The AC ones are okay, but seriously, those knuckles could cut stone.
JZStudios said:
bogani said:
Yes. VR will obviously die a quick death as burglars and murderers will have christmas every day.

On a more serious note, what makes me skeptical about VR in DR is the limited wheel animation that will kill the immersion instantly. The cockpits are also quite bland graphically.

Games like AC with 1:1 steering animation though, that's another story. That I'm kinda curious about.
Because AC isn't bland graphically.... or have weird jagged knuckles... apart from the fact that most people use a lower DOR in DR anyways.
As to @RinusRally ... well.. I was going to ask don't you already wear headphones when you play, then remembered your deaf... so... I mean realistically, they don't even have to be quiet. And unless your rigs pointed at the door your not going to see behind you anyways.
Also yeah, @TURBODEVIN19, please get back to us when you've been murdered by death. It'd be interesting to get
I can see my whole livingroom from my simrig, so that's no problem. I was already aware of it, that's why I pointed my pc (not simrig back then) so I can see everything in my house, except for upstairs ofcourse. 
Well then you need to make a bunch of convex mirrors to see all around your house and upstairs while you play a game apparently in the center of Mogadishu.
@bogani stiffen it up some, it squirms hard
zoliRX said:
Feels soooo much better. I had nothing but almost pure hatred for it before but it's now slowly growing on me.
Need to check if my 7:24 is still a WR xD
So I'm immature, so what?

zoliRX said:
Managed to do a 7:57 on my first run and 7:46 on my second run. And just now I set a new PB of 7:42.
 Indeed it still is.

There, much better :p
A quick fix. B)

EDIT: By the way, the new update is awesome. Really having fun with the Pikes Peak cars.

On PS4 with patch 1.1: Has something happened to the physics in rally as well or have I lost my mojo completely? 

Lost Mojo i believe.                                                                    

Lost Mojo i believe.                                                                    
Good to know. It's getting late here in Sweden, I think I need some sleep and a new go tomorrow.

I know its not gossip, but just thought I would drop a few pix from this past Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally here in the US.  Turned out to be great weather.

Well I don't know how to show post pix from my Flickr page so just follow the link

Flickr Page

gfRally said:
I know its not gossip, but just thought I would drop a few pix from this past Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally here in the US.  Turned out to be great weather.

Well I don't know how to show post pix from my Flickr page so just follow the link

Flickr Page
Some really nice pics there. What camera do you use?

JZStudios said:
gfRally said:

Flickr Page
Don't bother, he won't accept his pictures are good ;)

JZStudios said:
gfRally said:

Flickr Page
Don't bother, he won't accept his pictures are good ;)
Uhh, alrighty then sure. How about this;
God, those pictures suck. What camera did you use? It's like it came straight out of an old 1.2mp phone and streaked through crap filters.

Will that appease?

zoliRX said:
Managed to do a 7:57 on my first run and 7:46 on my second run. And just now I set a new PB of 7:42.
 Indeed it still is.

There, much better :p
A quick fix. B)

EDIT: By the way, the new update is awesome. Really having fun with the Pikes Peak cars.
I agree with that fix :p

And yeah, the update just made Pikes Peak the place to go for any form of tarmac action in DiRT Rally. Soooooooo good.

PS. Yeah, I know, PMs.

JZStudios said:
gfRally said:

Flickr Page
my son, it is not the camera but the photographer and location XD

enough being a jerk, I use a 300mm and a 10-20 for wide shots on a Nikon D300S.

And a decent location for once, helped too

Here's something that will brighten up the day for the leaderboard guys ;)

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/743820049362845697

yes ! indeed . B)                                                                                      

Here is some well worn gossip, AC just got the Porsche license...  is EA loosening their grips?  Is Porsche getting tired of EA... did Kunos just trade their souls to Ferry Porsche?  

Enquiring minds want to know, this has been a WWGFD Special report... back to you, DiRT

In other news Subaru is renterinasdflkasja fWRC falsdfa after a long asdfaslkdfa'---  asdfasd  ..........   

gfRally said:
Here is some well worn gossip, AC just got the Porsche license...  is EA loosening their grips?  Is Porsche getting tired of EA... did Kunos just trade their souls to Ferry Porsche?  

Enquiring minds want to know, this has been a WWGFD Special report... back to you, DiRT

In other news Subaru is renterinasdflkasja fWRC falsdfa after a long asdfaslkdfa'---  asdfasd  ..........   
You forgot the trailer that come with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv-cPGa9Zsg

What I heard the contract from EA games and Porche expired sometime this year so maybe now Porsche is open for business.

Ph4s3 said:
What I heard the contract from EA games and Porche expired sometime this year so maybe now Porsche is open for business.
Okay, so Codies you know what you need to do:

Krusi said:
Ph4s3 said:
Okay, so Codies you know what you need to do:

Let's not forget this marvel

gfRally said:
I've been on the "EA side" of games for a while, so I have a slightly more info about this situation. The thing is, EA did a deal on a license, where they were literally the ones to manage the license for Porsche (aka every car they ever made and will make). However that contract was set to expire this year. Possibly Porsche was no longer interested in this deal anymore, so they didn't extend it and now the license management is back to them.

The Porsche you could find in Forza titles, were a simple result of MS paying A LOT to EA to use them. Possibly a lot more than any other company was willing to, especially when they had the RUF available.

Most likely we'll be seeing a lot more Porsche and beetles in games now and a lot less RUF's.

Or this modern beauty :)                                                                         

Ph4s3 said:
yes they are assetto just announced porsches :D

Yeah, Forza had a deal with EA about the Porsche license since 1, but after 3 or 4 EA apparently decided they weren't getting enough money for it, hence the rather expensive, yet expansive Porsche DLC's that launched later. Good move on Porsche to not enter another B.S. contract.