DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Less Porsche's, more Skoda's.
Porsche cars are big and shitty to drive in tight dirt roads, in tarmac they are fun, but a Skoda would be awesome in tarmac, snow, dirt, mud and what ever you want.

How about "fewer Porsches, more Skodas"

See what I did there?

Grammar Nazi.

cjl9 said:
How about "fewer Porsches, more Skodas"

See what I did there?

Grammar Nazi.
How about "Fewer Porsches, more Skodas?"

See what I did there?

Pretty sure there's still something wrong in that though.
I also disagree, think Porsches, like the Alpine would be tons o' fun on dirt. When's the last time you took a Porsche off road?

Yeah, gonna disagree on the 'not wanting porsches' too, there is a reason why so many are rallied.

Less Porsche's, more Skoda's.
Porsche cars are big and shitty to drive in tight dirt roads, in tarmac they are fun, but a Skoda would be awesome in tarmac, snow, dirt, mud and what ever you want.
We can't have less Porsches than there are now. Then we would somehow have a negative amount of them. Here's a thought though: why not more Porsches AND Škodas?

JZStudios said:
I don't even know what a Skoda is.               
They're cars with very limited success in world rallying, whose name bear a remarkable resemblance to Sweden's word for "behold".

While I did like the Octavia and Fabia a little bit, if I had to choose between Skodas and Porsches in Dirt Rally, I'd go with the Porsches any day. Can't go wrong with german engineering, and with a beautiful soundtrack to boot.

JZStudios said:
They're cars with very limited success in world rallying, whose name bear a remarkable resemblance to Sweden's word for "behold".

While I did like the Octavia and Fabia a little bit, if I had to choose between Skodas and Porsches in Dirt Rally, I'd go with the Porsches any day. Can't go wrong with german engineering, and with a beautiful soundtrack to boot.
Why not both? And Škodas are pretty German. While technically it's a Czech brand, they're basically a Volkswagen underneath a different body

Didzis said:
JZStudios said:

Why not both? And Škodas are pretty German. While technically it's a Czech brand, they're basically a Volkswagen underneath a different body
The only good thing to come out of Volkswagen was the Beetle... ;)

Didzis said:
JZStudios said:

Agreed. Up until the old New Beetles, those were too pretty in pink. The original ones were awesome. The new ones at least don't look as chickish.

Skoda has won many rallies and championships in IRC and ERC series. Rallying is not only WRC.

JZStudios said:
Didzis said:
JZStudios said:

Agreed. Up until the old New Beetles, those were too pretty in pink. The original ones were awesome. The new ones at least don't look as chickish.
Just like Porsches, the only truly good VWs are air cooled with engines in the rear, that includes the BUS, Beetle, Kubelwagen (THING) and probably the 411 wagons.  The 411 is the only one that you cannot leave stock to look good, they are turds unless you mod them, then they are very very nice. 

we had beetles in dirt before i cant stand them :Das for porsches not really a fan of them but others like em.

Didzis said:
JZStudios said:

And the Polo WRC?

Didzis said:
JZStudios said:

And the Polo WRC?
I hate modern world rally cars... :p

Didzis said:
JZStudios said:

And the Polo WRC?
I hate modern world rally cars... :p
How about the Quattro then? :)

didn't really know where to put this but here:

WRC 6 gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVWae3Uao_k

sqdstr said:
didn't really know where to put this but here:

WRC 6 gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVWae3Uao_k

It doesnt look that bad, it is in SLRE level maybe if Framerate is better than SLRE it might be one step ahead of it. 
But no Rally Game can compare to DiRT Rally actually, I wish DR would have more locations

It really doesn't look that bad at all, and if they really have gone and re-done all those points, i just hope CM have moved upward the same way.

yay bans given out and boards cleared for 5pm :) now though they must be kept clean. if not its going to make people look silly.                                                            

@RyuMakkuro

tried your simple 208 setup on PP, it made the car absolutely awesome!  now. I can enjoy driving it finally, thanks

gfRally said:
@RyuMakkuro

tried your simple 208 setup on PP, it made the car absolutely awesome!  now. I can enjoy driving it finally, thanks
Glad you enjoyed it. I noticed that now when you put the power split on the centre diff fully to the rear, the car instead of just being more boaty, has now actually less understeer and more flow to it in the corners themselves.

Woop!