DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

First WRC 6 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O-FRGHTjcE

WRC6 is actually looking decent :-) Hope it'll be a nice simcade alternative while we wait for DR2.

Would like to hear the sound of the cars a bit better tho, without background music

I seem to remember either WRC5 or SLRE having some overlaid sounds in the trailer because the cars sounded nothing like the trailer once you were in the game.

Alright, just watched it.

Still got the stupid pacenotes, the intonation in the reading of them is so off, it's so they can string together single word sound files and not have them sound *completely* off, but as a result, they never sound fully right.

Oh, and some honestly bad driving and lines there, very odd choice in the trailer :)

I think that'll be SLRE demo, sounds there were pretty good, but full game...

For an arcade/simcade, the graphics are slightly disappointing tbh. Physics seem to be very flat and the pace notes sound like an old grandpa speaking through a bucket.

Hopefully there'll be a demo of it or something that will allow for getting a more... objective opinion about the game.

WRC6 will be a nice diversion from DR now, just to see some new stages.  

Gossip related: 

Something that I am going to harp on for a while, although gossip is great fun.  I would like to see Codies be a little more open, similar to F1.   Although F1 is a predictable yearly title, the next DiRT title could be announced quite far off from release, with some teaser "work in progress" screens now and then.  

I think they are now beyond the secretive experimental stage of uncertainty like DR was, and could do this this time around.  At least tell us of some features to look forward to.  Maybe a bi-monthly blog as progress updates, leaving out and licensing info would be acceptable and leave room for much gossip.  

Even a early announcement, confirming the next game and some obvious things like new locations, cars, disciplines would leave to much speculation, but give us somewhere to start.  JBL tortured us for about 18 months, it was fun, but with so little concrete facts it won't be as fun this time around.  

Maybe this isn't @KickUp's style but I am just inpatient the older I get, I guess.  

Also my therapist is getting quite tired of me talking about DR during our sessions, they say I am not progressing, and my invisible friend (@justbiglee) is something I need to let go of.  Besides the $$ that I am spending could be used for VR and a GTX1080. :( 

If they don't do ea again, then a more standard pre-release build up like that would be pretty likely. But we probably won't hear anything until f1 release has been and gone, as that is cm's main focus right now

Maybe some hints in todays road book @KickUp and @Hatward? Some nice obscure but juicy tidbit would be quite sufficient to whet our appetites ;-)

It's not DiRTy Gossip in the slightest, but it involves rally cars, so I'm posting here: few pictures from the 6R4.net trackday held at Curborough a few weeks ago...

...there were a few intruders in the paddock as well. One had a blue oval on the front...

...and another had a great ass.  ;)

Few more pictures here: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/albums/72157670994058216

If any of you are interested! 

I have been recently playing WRC 4 on PS2, 3D modeling of the cars, sounds, view angles and locations and their undulating tracks especially NZ were perfectly made that insert proper rallying sensation within you even though the handling was a bit floaty, but Evo guys made it phenomenal!

They are broadcasting one of the biggest Folkrace events live here in Sweden right now. Also known as poor mans rallycross ;)

https://sbfplay.solidtango.com/live/semsterracet-2016

It might be region locked though, no idea.

Working here in Poland too, guess no location restrictions. Many spectators there I see, is it a popular sport in Sweden?

versedi said:
Working here in Poland too, guess no location restrictions. Many spectators there I see, is it a popular sport in Sweden?
Folkrace translates to "peoples race". It's one of the cheapest motorsports available. The only regulations require are a rollcage, helmet, overall. You also can't use turbos, superchargers or 4wd systems. Other than that you can tune the cars as much as you want.

However, there is a catch. Every car is for sale after the event for a fixed price of 6500 swedish crowns. That's about 650 euro. If more than one person wants to buy the car you simply draw one of the buyers tickets. The original owner of the car can also place tickets to keep the car in his possesion. This is to ensure the prices are kept at a reasonable level.

bogani said:
versedi said:
Folkrace translates to "peoples race". It's one of the cheapest motorsports available. The only regulations require are a rollcage, helmet, overall. You also can't use turbos, superchargers or 4wd systems. Other than that you can tune the cars as much as you want.

However, there is a catch. Every car is for sale after the event for a fixed price of 6500 swedish crowns. That's about 650 euro. If more than one person wants to buy the car you simply draw one of the buyers tickets. The original owner of the car can also place tickets to keep the car in his possesion. This is to ensure the prices are kept at a reasonable level.

Pretty sure Top Gear did a thing about that.

JZStudios said:
bogani said:
versedi said:

Pretty sure Top Gear did a thing about that.
True. I think that was in Finland though. 

For the bigger events in Sweden people are crazy though. They use proper NA rallycross engines producing up to 250-300 horsepower just to ensure they are competitive. It's bad business building these engines and selling them for 650 euro after the event. The urge to win are bigger than common sense I guesss :)

Ok, since there is no gossip I will post one last thing related to folkrace. Then I'll stop. Promise ;)

This was the 2014 A-final of the same event as I linked to above. It really was an epic final!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK3bVwMNHqs&index=22&list=PLTZ1la8c1U60uOXlblxpDZjHERzZcmGLP

I honestly had no idea where to put this (it's not a "tool" per se) and didn't want to make a new thread just for this, so yeah, putting it here. Those are info-graphics for all the stages in the game. Should come in handy when setting up a League or generally wanting a quick look of which stage is which.
I tried to make it as close to DiRT Rally style as possible, aka same font, colour theme etc. and yes, I do know there are many of those out there. Again, wanted to make a DR styled one.

Finland - http://imageshack.com/a/img921/7043/7237wx.png
Germany - http://imageshack.com/a/img922/4900/QBf8AN.png
Greece - http://imageshack.com/a/img923/9016/0Uo2mW.png
Monte Carlo - http://imageshack.com/a/img923/3374/xQQKBR.png
Sweden - http://imageshack.com/a/img922/4748/IqNkYo.png
Wales - http://imageshack.com/a/img924/6108/CqJGJR.png

Given that most here are die-hard fans of Wales (to say the least ;) ), a preview of the Wales one is the obvious choice here.

Well lads & lassies, anything new happening in my absence or is it same-ole-same-ole?  :smiley:

KevM said:
Well lads & lassies, anything new happening in my absence or is it same-ole-same-ole?  :smiley:

Same old, Kevin...  Other than a calm before the storm tweet, but but I think the storm is a long way off.  But don't call me a weatherman my predictions aren't that great.

gfRally said:
KevM said:

Same old, Kevin...  Other than a calm before the storm tweet, but but I think the storm is a long way off.  But don't call me a weatherman my predictions aren't that great.
Unless the storm was actually the VR update?