DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Huuuuuuh?
Hard and tricky question. Depends how big feature that could be. ;)

A track is unlikely, staggered starts, road deformation and pacenotes editor are impossible. But these are the biggest and probably most obvious.

Really tricky question, I need to find my list.

So, Twitter - we have a question! And it's an interesting one too... If you could add one feature to DiRT Rally, what would it be?

— DiRT (@dirtgame) July 21, 2016
Just going to leave this here...
Ladder system to the MP part of the game, specifically Rallycross since it's the only one that can accommodate it. Reasoning? Proper competitive mode, EVERYONE can feel like they accomplished something, would highly revitalize the RX part of the game, very healthy competition (unlike leaderboards).

Of course a proper anti-cheat would be better, but I suppose that's not what they had in mind with that question.

I voted for more locations (gravel) if that ain't going to happen, then just give us the dev feature of free cam

So, Twitter - we have a question! And it's an interesting one too... If you could add one feature to DiRT Rally, what would it be?

I have two answers:

Adding a minor feature:

- Tweak the menu options for selecting hillclimb in Career mode, so we can use the 208 T16. 

Adding a major feature:

- More genuine rallycross tracks. 

I hope this is a prelude to tomorrow's Roadbook @ChristinaMc

Some tiny things I'd want is some more FFB options like minimum force.
I also have my Fanatec GT2 that has a little vibration motor in the wheel that spins up with the RPM of the car, which is fine, but when I pause the game it stays on, and it's loud and kind of annoying.
Other than that, off the top of my head, a livery editor/importer would be pretty sweet. Not sure how Bethesda does the console mods, but maybe they could use a thumb drive to import them.

gfRally said:

A big announcement would be pretty awesome, as the addition of VR wasn't the big story I was hoping for! 

tbtstt said:
gfRally said:

A big announcement would be pretty awesome, as the addition of VR wasn't the big story I was hoping for! 
There won't be any big announcements tomorrow! That's not to say there won't ever be any big announcements, however... 

I would go for new stages and 2017 WRC beasts, hear the roar of the Yaris WRC in DiRT would be great!, That is what I would add to DR

tbtstt said:
gfRally said:

There won't be any big announcements tomorrow! That's not to say there won't ever be any big announcements, however... 
A tease of news to come, but with no time frame specified: it's like @justbiglee never left @ChristinaMc! :smiley:

tbtstt said:
gfRally said:

That's ok. You can borrow my big announcement for the time being.

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:

A tease of news to come, but with no time frame specified: it's like @justbiglee never left @ChristinaMc! :smiley:
Time is all relative, anyway. ;) 

Cel-shading filter! :p

After thnking a while I'd go with a "reality mode" that would feature harder opponents, day-to-night organized stages, less service areas, leg system, more damage. <3 I've got bored of driving the online events, I do mostly play championships with everything setup to feel as much immersion as possible. This is something that would refresh the single player for me and I did mentioned it sometime ago through the EA . 

Well...
a 'realistic' difficulty level for career, including realistic damage to your car and a lot fewer service parks (which requires the realistic damage, as currently some components cumulate damage even if you drive super-clean (engine, suspension etc.), but make heavy impacts more impacting.

and maybe a minor one: Super Special Stages 

everything else on my wishlist is mainly either content or eyecandy

SkyRex said:

Well...
a 'realistic' difficulty level for career, including realistic damage to your car and a lot fewer service parks (which requires the realistic damage, as currently some components cumulate damage even if you drive super-clean (engine, suspension etc.), but make heavy impacts more impacting.

and maybe a minor one: Super Special Stages 

everything else on my wishlist is mainly either content or eyecandy
We definetely agree on this one :)

This is the cost for leaking the gossip to the gossipers about their location... :)

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:

"Time is relative". Einstein said that. Einstein furthered developed Newtonian theories of gravity. Isaac Newton proved the theory of gravity. This can only mean one thing:

THE RETURN OF COLIN MCRAE 2.0 LOW GRAVITY MODE.

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
gfRally said:

"Time is relative". Einstein said that. Einstein furthered developed Newtonian theories of gravity. Isaac Newton proved the theory of gravity. This can only mean one thing:

THE RETURN OF COLIN MCRAE 2.0 LOW GRAVITY MODE.
I see we're back on the DiRTy gossip track :P

I'd personally love to see more rallycross tracks. 3 tracks just isn't enough for a proper tournament, or for a proper evening of online multiplayer.

Sure, more rally stages would be awesome, but there already is a good variation of different stages, mroe so with all the different cars that can be driven on them, which means you get to attack the stage in an entirely different way. 

Proper anti-cheat is really needed as well, after having all leaderboards reset and still seeing obvious false times in the leaderboards, I can't help but think there still must be a lot of less obvious cheated times in there. 

I'd personally love to see more rallycross tracks. 3 tracks just isn't enough for a proper tournament, or for a proper evening of online multiplayer.

Sure, more rally stages would be awesome, but there already is a good variation of different stages, mroe so with all the different cars that can be driven on them, which means you get to attack the stage in an entirely different way. 
Yeah, this pretty much sums up my viewpoint as well. I would really like to see more rally content but, as it stands, I think the rallycross would benefit more from additional tracks. The "short" versions are OK, but I much prefer the "full" version of each track, so I tend to end up replaying the World Championship a lot. More "full" tracks would be brilliant, especially if CM were to pick a couple more significant tracks from the World Championship calendar. 

(But if they do suddenly announce more rally content, I certainly won't be unhappy at the news!)

Proper anti-cheat is really needed as well, after having all leaderboards reset and still seeing obvious false times in the leaderboards, I can't help but think there still must be a lot of less obvious cheated times in there. 
That's indeed something that should be taken care of. The leaderboards are already filled with cheaters on almost every stage in 2000s class. I dont even care about the overall place, just comparing myself to friends on steam and a few players from here.  
This ofcourse would profit in the next title. IMHO a 3rd party tool is a must unless Codies got some ace hidden up the sleeve.

versedi said:

That's indeed something that should be taken care of. The leaderboards are already filled with cheaters on almost every stage in 2000s class. I dont even care about the overall place, just comparing myself to friends on steam and a few players from here.  
This ofcourse would profit in the next title. IMHO a 3rd party tool is a must unless Codies got some ace hidden up the sleeve.

If they do I'd hope they would have 'used' this ace right before resetting the leaderboards. Considering they've failed to stop the cheaters for as long as I can recall (at least 7 years, DiRT 2 leaderboards were already filled with them) it probably would be best to indeed just outsource the cheatdetection to some 3rd party to fix this, and focus at what they're good at, developing awesome rally games.

Darhour said:
This is the cost for leaking the gossip to the gossipers about their location... :)

I just saw this. Am I reading too much into this, or is this a massive hint? 

What do you know @Darhour? WHAT DO YOU KNOW?! 

TURBODEVIN19 said:
If they do I'd hope they would have 'used' this ace right before resetting the leaderboards. Considering they've failed to stop the cheaters for as long as I can recall (at least 7 years, DiRT 2 leaderboards were already filled with them) it probably would be best to indeed just outsource the cheatdetection to some 3rd party to fix this, and focus at what they're good at, developing awesome rally games.
Original DiRT also has cheat times on leaderboards. So this streak is going for a very long while. That said, 3rd party solution is... not that easy to find. Often there are some issues with them, you can't use certain apps, and cheats sometimes still work regardless. Punkbuster in Battlefield games is basically useless at this point in time.
Nowadays the main thing is fighting against piracy, not cheating. In short, protecting your own wallet, not quality of online play. Wonder what would happen if people responsible for Denuvo would go to the anti-cheat front.