DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Back to outbreak for a moment.

Get rid of the blurry edges on the screen for the infected car.  It renders triple displays useless.

I guess it is supposed to be a disadvantage for the infected car, but personally, I don't think the infected car needs a disadvantage.

I also thought that I'd never play the Party modes in DiRT 3, but Cat & Mouse was simply brilliant. My favourite two scenarios:
- you are the Mini in front and your team is protecting you well, you have the satisfaction that the other Mini is getting tortured
- you are the Ford RS200 and you torture the Mini so bad it's halfway through the stage while the other one is about to finish

Pure satisfaction.

I also liked Outbreak and Transporter, but they were more suited to open areas like Battersea. Hopefully, the next game will have plenty of rally locations so implementing the Cat & Mouse would be cheaper to develop or implement than the other modes.

But then again if I was given a choice between a rally location/set of cars and a Party mode I'd personally go for the rally/RX content...

I still like my party modes. I can actually see myself racing in D4 for a while and when I need the mental break switching back to D3 for some outbreak if it were not included in D4.

Need the mindless fun factor after a while.

Maybe have party modes based around a 'rally school' map? Then you'd have a decently sized map with a few different possible routes in it that you can use for serious purposes or fun games. And for two distinct uses from just one area, which I expect people will make use of for both purposes, it's probably a good investment.

Also, I'm new to this theread, although I've been following it for a while, so hi!

Hi there Jaffakakes! I must say, your first post in the thread is absolutely, positively logical. 

I would still like to see all cars all tracks available, but a cool new area that is multiuse would be cool.

Maybe have party modes based around a 'rally school' map? Then you'd have a decently sized map with a few different possible routes in it that you can use for serious purposes or fun games. And for two distinct uses from just one area, which I expect people will make use of for both purposes, it's probably a good investment.

Also, I'm new to this theread, although I've been following it for a while, so hi!

Yhea i like this idea,... Perhaps the Higgins Rally school area? :D

And hey! Welcome :)

*Comes home, sees there have been 17 new comments, thinks something cool has happened, realises it's just people talking about party modes. leaves disapointed* :wink: 

in all seriousness, party modes were great for mindless fun, and the aforementioned any car any track is a must, even if it there is no AI. Because who hasn't ever wanted to take the Suzuki SX4 down the Col de Turini :scream: 

It's not a "game mode", but I'd really like to see another "compound" area in the next version, with a race editor for making really intricate races, similar to the Speed Runs that were in Dirt 3.
Those were my favorite part of Dirt 3, but there weren't nearly enough of them in the game, and the ones the game did have were too short.

something simple I keep thinking about is a jump contest, maybe on dirt, maybe on ramps.  

maybe allow user to input both height and angle on both take off and landing ramps?  

the point would be hight, distance and perfect landing.

maybe im just a child at heart thinking about stuff like this!  

welcome to the club, glad to see a lot of different people post here right now!  

gfRally said:
something simple I keep thinking about is a jump contest, maybe on dirt, maybe on ramps.  

maybe be allow user to input both height and angle on both take off and landing ramps?  

the point would be hight, distance and perfect landing.

maybe im just a child at heart thinking about stuff like this!  
That would be a riot.. and of course the logical conclusion to that is to attempt mid air collisions in multiplayer.  Wait I mean to do skilled over under and cross over jumps in multiplayer..   .... ... .. Ya, that's what I meant.

Maybe something like the Colin's Crest award that they give out in rally Sweden, where if a certain stage has a big jump, the longest successful jump could get an extra reward like xp? Just a thought

Maybe something like the Colin's Crest award that they give out in rally Sweden, where if a certain stage has a big jump, the longest successful jump could get an extra reward like xp? Just a thought
That would be great as a bonus in a rally event!  

Yeah, fully agreed on using a rally school area for party games. I actually thought that Battersea was a bit underused in DiRT 3: it would have been great to have been able to shakedown the other cars in that environment.

Oh, and hello! 

March 25th release date? 

https://twitter.com/ponchobillybob/status/543332232757514240

I seem to remember we've arrived at March release date going by clues in the past, but I can't find it...
There was a hint towards January couple of weeks ago, but bearing in mind we're halfway through December without any announcements it's not gonna happen.

January announcement, March release?

OH! And this:

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/543160089168076800

Could this be a logo for the next game? :O A triangle in a triangle?

I am not optimistic we are going to have any Christmas gifts for ourselves.  If we got an announcement at the end of Jan, and it rolled out at the rate Autosport did, March would make sense.

I think autsport was announced April 22 and released in late June.

So Jan 28 and March XX would make sense.

March 25th release date? 

I seem to remember we've arrived at March release date going by clues in the past, but I can't find it...
There was a hint towards January couple of weeks ago, but bearing in mind we're halfway through December without any announcements it's not gonna happen.

OH! And this:

Is that a real photo or CGI ? I can't tell.

Surely if its CGI its from the new game. Look at the detail in the background.

dirt3joe said:

It's a screenshot from DriveClub on PS4. It has to be said that the visuals there are rather sweet and weather effects fantastic...

I wonder what kind of a visuals bang have Codies cooked for next-gen? Judging by some dev tweets from the past couple of weeks they seem pleased :)

dirt3joe said:

It's a screenshot from DriveClub on PS4. It has to be said that the visuals there are rather sweet and weather effects fantastic...

I wonder what kind of a visuals bang have Codies cooked for next-gen? Judging by some dev tweets from the past couple of weeks they seem pleased :)
Thanks !

Quite frankly I'm astonished at Drive Clubs new weather effects. They are absolutely awesome. I think CM might struggle to compete with those, but we shall see !

dirt3joe said:
March 25th release date? 

OH! And this:

I replied  to the tweet then retracted, thinking it was something obvious that kI embarrassingly missed.  So Ill post it triangles = delta in greek

@gfrally Would the cover be something like this in the case that it is triangles?

But i was more thinking,..... u said triangle,.... my first thought was ... V-Rally (1,2,3)
From the company Eden games,.. what makes the game Test Drive Unlimited,...
would that be a very very very small hint for a world wide big great rally racing game like Test drive Unlimited / and Need for speed, where u can drive through the world and join events? create cars / your team :O :O

:o  dont let your imagine go , this can go anywhere ....

I don't wat to be a kill joy, but I'm pretty sure Driveclub's livery editor is pretty similar to Grid's, in that you can only choose from various patterns and the colours. I'd be highly suprised if the new dirt logo appeared as one of the pickable patterns in Driveclub.
unless....

illuminati confirmed :wink: