DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

https://twitter.com/Codemasters/status/552069158729703424

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/552069571197546496

It's hard to disagree...

If next DiRT game is not released in 2015 I'll go vegetarian for a full month! ;]
Dude you always crack he up!  But a whole month??

gfRally said:
https://twitter.com/Codemasters/status/552069158729703424

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/552069571197546496

It's hard to disagree...

If next DiRT game is not released in 2015 I'll go vegetarian for a full month! ;]
@gfrally , @gentlenamemvb didnt told you he is already a vegetarian for 4 years ;-) 

i just realisted that its 4 years ago that DiRT 3 came out ( 24 of may 2011)
i think its a clue, rally is mostly with cars = 4 wheels , and now its for years,.... Could this be the year we are waiting for?

The first CMR game got realeased in 1998, that means codies are now 17 years into rally games... 
Soo 17-4-2015 day of annoucement?

i do saw what they are brewing in Southam, and i can tell..... I cant wait... XD
#excited! 

gfRally said:
I'm known for being a big fan of juicy meats so a month of veggies only would be a severe punishment! :)

Please Codies don't make suffer and release the next game in 2015! :D The sooner the better of course...

gfRally said:
I'm known for being a big fan of juicy meats so a month of veggies only would be a severe punishment! :)

Please Codies don't make suffer and release the next game in 2015! :D The sooner the better of course...

Hmm to be honest,... I rather see that codemasters takes a little bit more time, and release it in 2016
Then a hurried completion!

After all @gentlenamemvb we all want a good proper rally game instead of a rushed half racing game...
And we are already waiting for 4 years,... so 1 year extra doesnt hurt that much ;-)

Does anyone have the codemasters marketing email/twitter (even better) accounts?  I'd love to personally put some pressure on 'the man'   But they are probably too smart, or too scared, leave that info out.  Maybe @justbiglee‌ could leave a coded message somewhere in a DiRT hint
:open_mouth:  

gfRally said:
Does anyone have the codemasters marketing email/twitter (even better) accounts?  I'd love to personally put some pressure on 'the man'   But they are probably too smart, or too scared, leave that info out.  Maybe @justbiglee‌ could leave a coded message somewhere in a DiRT hint
I only know their Customer service email, maybe you can put pressure on them that way lol

Custserv@codemasters.com

Hmm to be honest,... I rather see that codemasters takes a little bit more time, and release it in 2016
Then a hurried completion!

After all @gentlenamemvb we all want a good proper rally game instead of a rushed half racing game...
And we are already waiting for 4 years,... so 1 year extra doesnt hurt that much ;-)
Of course I would not like the release to be rushed, as the game needs to be complete, content rich and go through extensive testing. That was one of the great things about DiRT3 - I don't recall it having severe bugs, same may not be said for some Codies games following DiRT3.

If the next DiRT/rally game comes out in 2016 in my view Codemasters would be missing out on entering the new gen consoles market with a product clearly in demand... Is there any other game vying for that offroad/rally market? Perhaps there will be by the end of 2015...

Since you've been a visitor to Codies you have a much better sense for when they're aiming for and where they were with development. And if you're trying to pitch an idea of waiting 1 more year then I'm more worried... Maybe I'm impatient...

I know nothing about game marketing and situation at Codies, but if there is a franchise which would bring good profit for them it is the DiRT IP. Why hasn't a new game come out yet is a mystery? Is F1 series taking a precedence even though it is made at a separate studio?

Without knowing how big of a team has been working on DiRT for the past 3+ years it is impossible to make a guess how far into development the team is... It is just my hope that they're scheduled for a 2015 release as I'm VERY hungry for something DiRTy to play and I really wish for Codemasters to come out with something game-changing on the new consoles and PCs.

My gaming dream for 2015 is playing the next game with Oculus Rift. For that to happen I need a mountain of cash to buy a second graphics card and the VR headset... and the next DiRT/offroad game to come out :)

Happy New DiRTy Year to everyone. 

I know this thread is mostly about the upcoming game but are there any updates on the DiRT3 Steamworks migration?

Didzis said:
I know this thread is mostly about the upcoming game but are there any updates on the DiRT3 Steamworks migration?
Only that they say it will happen but not in the near future.

gfRally said:
lol it wouldn't get you anywhere I'm the one who does those too. Sorry guys you are stuck with me.

Believe me two years of posting up screenshots from old games and photos of cars mid jump wears pretty thin. Like I've said before I and the rest of the team want nothing more that to start talking about the game with you, it won't be in a "Hey look at this car we have, isn't it cool" kind of way though it will be a proper conversation where you help us make the game better. We've actually kind of being having it already just maybe not as obviously as you think.

I absolutely believe that this game is what you and the rest of the DiRT fans have been asking for, Paul and the rest of the DiRT team have made this thing that is just sooo good - If I didn't feel that way about it I'd have left Codemasters long ago.

So just keep looking for DiRTyGossip, it's gonna get harder to spot, you'll need to find the diamond in the rough - I'll sneak out what I think I can get away with in a way I know only you guys will get ;)

Aahh, @justbiglee‌ we (I) ain't got a beef with you!  We all hear bits and pieces and jump to our own conclusions, right or wrong, and we are just getting antsy for a official announcement, like a press release, that kind of official.  

U be like the DiRTFather then?  Or maybe DiRTVader?  @GentleNameMVB‌ I know you got one!

gfRally said:
lol it wouldn't get you anywhere I'm the one who does those too. Sorry guys you are stuck with me.

Believe me two years of posting up screenshots from old games and photos of cars mid jump wears pretty thin. Like I've said before I and the rest of the team want nothing more that to start talking about the game with you, it won't be in a "Hey look at this car we have, isn't it cool" kind of way though it will be a proper conversation where you help us make the game better. We've actually kind of being having it already just maybe not as obviously as you think.

I absolutely believe that this game is what you and the rest of the DiRT fans have been asking for, Paul and the rest of the DiRT team have made this thing that is just sooo good - If I didn't feel that way about it I'd have left Codemasters long ago.

So just keep looking for DiRTyGossip, it's gonna get harder to spot, you'll need to find the diamond in the rough - I'll sneak out what I think I can get away with in a way I know only you guys will get ;)

So a decision to stay or leave Codemasters is based on which way a game is heading be it the right way or the wrong way?

'it will be a proper conversation where you help us make the game better.'  - Any chance of Early Access scheme....? Or maybe it's my wishful thinking...

'We've actually kind of being having it already just maybe not as obviously as you think.'- not sure what you meant here @‌justbiglee

'it's gonna get harder to spot, you'll need to find the diamond in the rough '
Again I'm not sure how to interpret the above... Less actual, 99% true hints because the game is far away or because announcement is not far off? 
Could it be that some months ago when Lee did the '4' tweet and @KickUp went to E3 the announcement/game got delayed or put lower down the priority?

Oh how I wish what was going on! :D

'it will be a proper conversation where you help us make the game better.'  - Any chance of Early Access scheme....? Or maybe it's my wishful thinking...

'We've actually kind of being having it already just maybe not as obviously as you think.'- not sure what you meant here @‌justbiglee

Again I'm not sure how to interpret the above... Less actual, 99% true hints because the game is far away or because announcement is not far off? 
Could it be that some months ago when Lee did the '4' tweet and @KickUp went to E3 the announcement/game got delayed or put lower down the priority?

My suspicion about last E3 and all the fuss leading up to it and it then fizzled, was that Paul that went?  I know Paul went to Brazil for some 'mystery' for codemasters.  I don't know.. Maybe we will know someday.  

ONCE I followed closely the development of a WWII flight sim (my other interest is planes) and lots of promises were made and the team fell apart completely right after release, delayed by a year, too.  Then team members started slamming others in public, and this was a ubisoft title!  That was a worst case scenario, I don't see stuff like this happening here, thankfully.  I am trying to put some perspective on this.  

Its really best for all of us that we don't know what goes on inside codemasters, a little like knowing the DEFCON level from time to time.  Best not to know you might be playing Fallout 4 tomorrow :)  hmmm 4

gfRally said:

My suspicion about last E3 and all the fuss leading up to it and it then fizzled, was that Paul that went?  I know Paul went to Brazil for some 'mystery' for codemasters.  I don't know.. Maybe we will know someday.  

ONCE I followed closely the development of a WWII flight sim (my other interest is planes) and lots of promises were made and the team fell apart completely right after release, delayed by a year, too.  Then team members started slamming others in public, and this was a ubisoft title!  That was a worst case scenario, I don't see stuff like this happening here, thankfully.  I am trying to put some perspective on this.  

Its really best for all of us that we don't know what goes on inside codemasters, a little like knowing the DEFCON level from time to time.  Best not to know you might be playing Fallout 4 tomorrow :)  hmmm 4
You wanna know a secret? We weren't at E3, we were just messing with you. Ben was the one that was actually there doing some GRID stuff (sorry). Paul's thing in Brazil was doing some F1 press stuff at an expo... why you ask? Because nobody from the Birmingham studio could make it and... well... free trip to Brazil, who wouldn't go :P 

That thing at Ubi sounds like a right mess, Team DiRT aren't like that, we're a band of brothers if anything.

@GentleNameMVB - I knew you'd over think all that :P 

gfRally said:

I know why my Paul went to Brazil last year, but it's probably best if @KickUp‌ says why he went there as I'm not sure if I can say it as he never publicly has I don't think. 

I also know a tiny little bit about what has happened within Codies over the past 8-10months or so, and even as an outsider it's very frustrating. 

All I can say is I really hope this new game proves to be a huge success for the DiRT team as they really deserve it. There is no doubt in my mind that every contributor to these DiRT threads and many other DiRT fans on Twitter and FB, will enjoy even love what the team have been brewing up. 

You wanna know a secret? We weren't at E3, we were just messing with you. Ben was the one that was actually there doing some GRID stuff (sorry). Paul's thing in Brazil was doing some F1 press stuff at an expo... why you ask? Because nobody from the Birmingham studio could make it and... well... free trip to Brazil, who wouldn't go :P 

That thing at Ubi sounds like a right mess, Team DiRT aren't like that, we're a band of brothers if anything.

@justbiglee‌ well, thank you for clearing that up (about E3 :neutral_face: ).  Makes sense for Paul, I noticed he was also eyeing up a Ducati 1199 there too, lol.  

What ever the perceived delay has been over time, I am sure its for some good reasons somewhere, maybe you just can't get that box art quite correct or there is a stray chunk of dirt that just needs tweaking.  
:smile: 

I knew you were playing us, but I didn't want to believe it... It would have hurt me too much.... ;]

@justbiglee - I'm overthinking you say... Oh well ;) That's Gossip :)

On a slightly different subject, I've got a question for @justbiglee and everyone : let's say that the next DiRT game is proposed to be released as Early Access to tweak the game, squash bugs, get feedback and fund further.development. That idea is presented to a person who would not like that to happen, disagrees with it. What do you think would be the Top 3 arguments of that person against Early Access?
I'm really curious.

EDIT: Yet another subject. I've noticed a 'Disagree' reaction to one of my posts. It got me thinking that my January 28th prediction for game release won't happen. How about 128 days from November 25th - April 2nd 2015 as release date?
I love guessing.

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/537162966127632384

@GentleNameMVB‌ If for some reason you miscounted 1 day.  Like 128 including that day (I'm not doing the math, taking your word for it).  Anyhow that could land on April 1st or April fools Day, not sure if AFD is just a American thing though.  so could just be another trick :smiley: 

gfRally said:
@GentleNameMVB‌ If for some reason you miscounted 1 day.  Like 128 including that day (I'm not doing the math, taking your word for it).  Anyhow that could land on April 1st or April fools Day, not sure if AFD is just a American thing though.  so could just be another trick :smiley: 
Nope, April fools day is alive and kicking in the UK!

EDIT: Yet another subject. I've noticed a 'Disagree' reaction to one of my posts. It got me thinking that my January 28th prediction for game release won't happen. How about 128 days from November 25th - April 2nd 2015 as release date?
I love guessing.

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/537162966127632384

No, I disagree with that, I think you could be right. Maybe not a release, but an announcement?

@GentleNameMVB depends on the person in question and their "rank" for lack of a better word. An idea like that would normally come from a group of people working together. Its more complicated than this but to give you an idea the different departments kind of act like this:

Publishing - how much can we charge/will it make its money back?
Brand - is this the right thing to do with DiRT and does it make sense for the brand?
Studio - could we actually pull it off and develop a game like this?
PR - will the press be interested?
Finance - can we afford this?

At this stage I would probably be the biggest blocker and the guy being the most against it (but objectively) - do the community actually want us to do something like this? How will they react? (Remember doing early access could upset a lot of the next gen owners who want a DiRT just as bad as you - how would you guys deal with this?)

Then I would start asking questions of the other departments, why do publishing want to charge x amount?, will it be worth that much money? How do brand want to market the game and does that make sense with what you expect DiRT to be? All that kind of stuff.

I would usually make a huge fuss over everything, there would be a lot of swearing (usually from me) then ultimately they'd just do what they want any way. But so long as I've made valid points along the way they would all get taken into consideration letting me get in a few small wins and meeting me on the middle when they can.

After that the case for doing it would be made to the execs and they would give it a yes or no after some back and forth. If no, back to the drawing board. If yes then things like marketing plans and my community plans get fleshed out to include all the details while studio crack on with the game with me floating in between all of the different departments trying to make sure nobody wants to do anything stupid that is unfair or against what DiRT is. I'd then be getting ready for announcement creating content like blog posts, stuff for social, briefing in things I need that I can't do (like a website, artwork etc) I might get a say on the trailers all while talking to you guys and all of the other stuff I do for our other brands.

This is all completely hypothetical of course so its hard for me to think of why people might bat such an idea back, but I do have a few ideas.

The more you guys talk about it the cooler I think doing something like this actually might be. Its something that needs to be considered at the start of a project and as you already know and some of you have seen... We've started.

Would be interesting to hear your "for" and "against" lists for doing it though. Don't just give me a list of "for", stay balanced and remain objective - why shouldn't we do it.