DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

KevM said:
dgeesi0 said:
haha apart from back to the future fame i dont see a point in the delorian.slow and its stainless steel. :D weigh nearly 3 tonne.

basically someone brought all the parts after they went out of business and there is warehouses full of brand new parts.so pretty easy to get them fixed up.
LOL - A Hummer H2 weighs 3 tonnes??

There IS no point, but does there need to be? I love the shape and the stainless steel.  I also live 20 mins from Belfast so have always had an interest in them.  And know it'l drive like crap, any classic car I have had does, but its not about how it drives, its more than that. 
cars and choices of cars everyone likes or dislikes is very varied.cool they were made near you and you have a obvious interest in them. B)hope you enjoy your ride in one.

KevM said:

LOL - A Hummer H2 weighs 3 tonnes??

There IS no point, but does there need to be? I love the shape and the stainless steel.  I also live 20 mins from Belfast so have always had an interest in them.  And know it'l drive like crap, any classic car I have had does, but its not about how it drives, its more than that. 
You must have posted this as I was typing my last post (either that or I completely missed it). Your last line is a very relevant one when it comes to car ownership/dream cars.  A particular car might drive like crap, look like crap and/or cost you a fortune, but some cars are capable of transcending all logical thoughts and still appealing to you!

KevM said:
JZStudios said:
BadD0g said:
JZStudios said:
KevM said:
Just on that, the Mrs has hired me a DeLorean to smoke about in for a couple of hours at some point this year!
Hopefully it doesn't just break down or spontaneously burst into flames. On the other hand, you might find several pounds of cocaine tucked away somewhere.
Nah, I think you're thinking of a Ferrari 308.
No, he's just thinking Italian ;)
Very true. But Delorians are remarkably unreliable. I hear there's plenty of broken down ones in the UAE since they don't like to fix anything there.
Who is going to invest £35k in a car and not do simple relatively cheap updates along the line to insure its longevity?
Arabs. Seriously, they don't fix anything, they just buy a new one.

The only classic car (That's pricey (A.K.A. not a Camaro or Mustang)) that I want it the Mercedes 300SL. Absolutely beautiful car.

Old Mercs are bulletproof.  I have an E55 AMG at the minute, great old oldskool V8 & cheap as chips.  It's in winter hibernation currently though, they don't fair well on the salted roads... :)

Looks like no Road Book today and, therefore, no major news/announcements. The anticipation really is high!

I actually LOL'd

It was linked in Vajb's discord channel, so of course I'm sharing it here. :P
Fresh off beating Portal 2 after getting it on sale... Space node... thing springs to mind.
https://youtu.be/BVn1oQL9sWg

KevM said:
Old Mercs are bulletproof.  I have an E55 AMG at the minute, great old oldskool V8 & cheap as chips.  It's in winter hibernation currently though, they don't fair well on the salted roads... :)
great motors we used to have many mercs including a 280 se. only problem with slighlty older big power mercs is if something goes wrong.then its time to cry or scrap.

cl 500 , cl 600 great cars for money for eg.

I really wanted a CL, but the ABC suspension really is a ticking time-bomb.  Potentially £700 a corner or £2000 for the pump!

the good ole E55 is bullet-proof, but far from rust-proof.  Tin worm loves them.  As long as the gearbox is looked after, they don't give much hassle

...it's a clue.                              

As far as i saw from the post that was pinned earlier, Lee's account on reddit was hacked, though i don't see him mentioning it on his twitter, yet.

Not really gossip or anything (like that ever happens here anyway), but there's quite a huge discount for DiRT Rally on Indiegala - https://www.indiegala.com/store/product/310560
You can get it for just 12.49€, and the deal will last almost a week, tell someone who hasn't already bought it :D 

Massively off topic, but I almost committed a DiRT induced murder last night: was having a quick gaming session before heading to bed and, after mixed results with the dailies, I carried on with a rally Championship. Driving the Group A Impreza in Greece (on one of the long stages) and, for some reason, I was absolutely on it. I came into the seventh sector with over 30 seconds on the AI (which was at the highest setting) and was on course for my best stage time by a very long margin.

As I was in the zone I wasn't aware that my girlfriend had come into the room and, seeing that I hadn't noticed her, she thought it would be a good idea to surprise me. One surprise later and my Impreza has hit a rock, flipped and is travelling down the road on its roof. I didn't get as far as saying anything to the girlfriend as I think the look on my face told her everything. She immediately left the room, leaving me seething and pondering where I might find the sharpest knife in the house./