DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

tbtstt said:
Massively off topic, but I almost committed a DiRT induced murder last night: was having a quick gaming session before heading to bed and, after mixed results with the dailies, I carried on with a rally Championship. Driving the Group A Impreza in Greece (on one of the long stages) and, for some reason, I was absolutely on it. I came into the seventh sector with over 30 seconds on the AI (which was at the highest setting) and was on course for my best stage time by a very long margin.

As I was in the zone I wasn't aware that my girlfriend had come into the room and, seeing that I hadn't noticed her, she thought it would be a good idea to surprise me. One surprise later and my Impreza has hit a rock, flipped and is travelling down the road on its roof. I didn't get as far as saying anything to the girlfriend as I think the look on my face told her everything. She immediately left the room, leaving me seething and pondering where I might find the sharpest knife in the house./  
I can see it now in tomorrows issue of The Daily Mail, "Rally game almost gets woman killed, video games encourage violence!"

'This guy got angry over a video game, what happened next will surprise you!'

"You won't believe why he stabbed his wife"

'This guy got angry over a video game, what happened next will surprise you!'
"Click below to see page 2 of this 40 page article."

...unless you are PS4 - lol                                                    

KevM said:

...unless you are PS4 - lol                                                    

OK, this comment has me thinking? I just swapped from Xbox to PS4 and thought the ffb used to be better? TX to T300.

Is the PS4 FFB inferior?

Thanks, Steve

Yeah there's was/is an issue with the T300's force feedback being weaker than it should on PS4. I think it was pretty much narrowed down to an issue with the wheel itself on PS4, not sure if thrustmaster managed to solve it by a firmware update or not.

Dytut said:
Yeah there's was/is an issue with the T300's force feedback being weaker than it should on PS4. I think it was pretty much narrowed down to an issue with the wheel itself on PS4, not sure if thrustmaster managed to solve it by a firmware update or not.

OK Thanks.

I bought the T300 Servo December 2016 and it has the latest firmware, my guess is it isn't fixed as I can definitely feel its not as good. I don't usually notice small changes but it was in the back of my mind something was wrong.

I have a t500 and t300 and have used both on PS4. The t300 is a lot weaker than the t500 but as already said, it seems to be a problem on Thrustmasters end. 

Evilsmurf said:
I have a t500 and t300 and have used both on PS4. The t300 is a lot weaker than the t500 but as already said, it seems to be a problem on Thrustmasters end. 
Huh. I remember saying that a long time ago, and people called me a CM shill. Including PRC :p
Nevermind the two I had.

I've had a few wheels over the years... I think I may have some kind of wheel addiction problem :D I own 4 atm, and have had 8 different wheels over the last 5-6 years!

Evilsmurf said:
I've had a few wheels over the years... I think I may have some kind of wheel addiction problem :D I own 4 atm, and have had 8 different wheels over the last 5-6 years!
This whole thread is for people with addictions of different types, geez We should all be meeting in a church basement ;)

"Hi my name is >Insert Name< and I have a problem. I'm addicted to Dirt Rally and the Gossip Thread."

wfwr26 said:
"Hi my name is >Insert Name< and I have a problem. I'm addicted to Dirt Rally and the Gossip Thread."
At least we're the friendliest somewhat PC sim community I know of. Except maybe for the BeamNG guys... but they're weird...

Ever wondered which type of motorsport vehicle would be fastest over a chosen track??
Well wonder no more..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFUZWNI7LsA&t=288s

Mmm. That was... irritating. The only thing I respect the Aussies for is their shared belief in the Imperial V8 system.

Most of PC SIM communities members, unlike the sane and wise DiRT community, are obsessed with perfectionism principle that aims to destroy any fault, glitch and bug as quick as possible with utter jitteriness and jolted reactions towards "easily-to-be-updated-and-corrected" flaws that need time and patience to tackle them in order to deliver a proper SIM title that would serve the player's wants and that would fulfill the player's desirous aim to enjoy a flawless so "realistic" SIM racing title. This is impossible with the over-exaggerated reactions that insert an obsession within the player's behaviour to be not focusing on driving the car but rather detecting minor flaws that are relentless to update every single time.

So, two completely different things popped up in my head today.

1. The FFB gets heavier on loose surfaces compared to tarmac. Doesn't make much sense to me.

2. When watching some early 2000's WRC I imagined Harri Rovanperä narrating english audio books. I believe that would be a far better alternative to waterboarding.

PSVR DLC confirmed, that's pretty awesome for those that have one. Almost makes me want to get a PS4+PSVR kit. 

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/01/announcing-dirt-rally-ps-vr/

So PSVR DiRT Rally was what they were working on? The thing they were going to unveil soon? Well it's cool but than means a second title must be a ways away if the team's been busy with this.

Although it's nice announcement for those with PS4's, it's not the news we were hoping to hear.
I wonder if something might drop out of the hat tomorrow. That would give me a reason to come home after my 7 months of volunteer work in Colombia around August. :lol:

So PSVR DiRT Rally was what they were working on? The thing they were going to unveil soon? Well it's cool but than means a second title must be a ways away if the team's been busy with this.
I'm convinced that PSVR is just a little sideproject. Fear not.

I'm convinced that PSVR is just a little sideproject. Fear not.
I'm gonna guess the big thing to make PSVR work is just syncing up the cameras, and removing headshake...then testing of course for bugs.  Its not like they had to re-texture and re-build models for this.  In that case, where the hell's the January ROADBOOK!?!?!?!