DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Next roadbook will most likely be tomorrow, since this has been the first real work week after the holidays.

I'd wager most of the groundwork for VR was already done with the oculus version for PC, so don't think codies have put too much manpower on the PSVR project. Fun that they opened up for real life codriver since that's been an often requested feature :-)

wfwr26 said:
So PSVR DiRT Rally was what they were working on? The thing they were going to unveil soon? Well it's cool but than means a second title must be a ways away if the team's been busy with this.
I'm convinced that PSVR is just a little sideproject. Fear not.
I'm gonna guess the big thing to make PSVR work is just syncing up the cameras, and removing headshake...then testing of course for bugs.  Its not like they had to re-texture and re-build models for this.  In that case, where the hell's the January ROADBOOK!?!?!?!
Re: the Road Book - it won't be tomorrow, but it will be... Soon™. ;)

wfwr26 said:
So PSVR DiRT Rally was what they were working on? The thing they were going to unveil soon? Well it's cool but than means a second title must be a ways away if the team's been busy with this.
I'm gonna guess the big thing to make PSVR work is just syncing up the cameras, and removing headshake...then testing of course for bugs.  Its not like they had to re-texture and re-build models for this.  In that case, where the hell's the January ROADBOOK!?!?!?!
Will it contain information about..... something?

wfwr26 said:
Meeh. My friday mood just dropped.

Dytut said:
wfwr26 said:
Will it contain information about..... something?
Maybe! Maybe not. Who knows? (I do!)

Remember guys that there was a long wait between DiRT 3 and DiRT rally so don't expect a new game announcement :)

Remember guys that there was a long wait between DiRT 3 and DiRT rally so don't expect a new game announcement :)

exploit the gap in the market, get it out there!

wfwr26 said:
Thank god its not SMSoon...those guys are dicks....and their game is trash...Long Live Dirt!!!!

Yeah, that's right. DiRT Rally came out 1434 days after DiRT 3. Next game launch will be no sooner than 31/03/2019. 

I played PSVR dirt rally at codies, it was pretty cool! First ever VR experience, and also the first time I've played Dirt on a wheel since January 2015, but the sensation of VR meant I got the hang of it very quickly! Also, as @Rallycameraman found out, I'm not as good at virtual co-driving as I am at real life co-driving! I put it down to being an Xbox player and having no idea of the PlayStation controller layout!

I's not the time from the old game to the new one, it's the time from the start of dev for the new one to release.

I also got to try it, runs silky smooth and thats after I've been playing it on a Rift for months. Co-driver mode is also really cool, not just reading pace notes out either, its a mode in itself :)

wfwr26 said:

DiRT Showdown is free on the humble store. The title never really interested me but I can't really say no to a free DiRT game.

I also got to try it, runs silky smooth and thats after I've been playing it on a Rift for months. Co-driver mode is also really cool, not just reading pace notes out either, its a mode in itself :)
Will that mode be added also to PC version? Just curious. 

KingOfCoins said:
DiRT Showdown is free on the humble store. The title never really interested me but I can't really say no to a free DiRT game.

yes you can. :o

No no, thats not how Free games work - they just straight up kick the door down to your game library and pitch a tent in it. And then block the door with a dakar truck so they can't be kicked out.

Evilsmurf said:
 KingOfCoins said:

I think I've downloaded the demo on 360... and from what I remember it's mainly demolition derby right?

JZStudios said:
Evilsmurf said:
 KingOfCoins said:

I think I've downloaded the demo on 360... and from what I remember it's mainly demolition derby right?
Demolition Derby is the only thing i remember, though there are slightly more things than that.

Evilsmurf said:
 KingOfCoins said:

A bit too late for that now. Because I'm playing it right now. 

And the scariest part is that the gymkhana in this game is kinda fun.