DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

...oh, & Codies, if the new game doesn't handle just like this, please go back to the drawing board  :D

https://youtu.be/1sAbQ5wRr0o

KevM said:
bogani said:
Being a controller user, playing on a wheel at codies the other month I was amazed by how the wheel reacts to the game, and how genuine it behaved. It really felt like an actual rally car
Hmm. FFB on loose surfaces is ok/good. On tarmac it's much too vague.
The way the the wheel returns to the center during transitions isn't really fast enough imo.

However, you might have played something else to what we currently have ;)
Turn your Self Aligning Torque up & your wheel & tyre friction way down.  Makes a world of difference 
I'm currently using the "racked FFB" mod from racedepartment. It removes all artificial forces so there is mostly just SAT. I prefer it to the default FFB.

Using too much SAT makes things very strange though. I'm using between 40 and 60 with my T500RS.

My biggest issue is the weak FFB on tarmac. It behaves strange and often feels like there is no centering force at all when turning. It's much better on gravel.

The FFB also gets heavier on gravel compared to tarmac which I find very strange.

So... apparently Dirt Showdown is the only one that doesn't support the Fanatec GT2. Welp, guess that means I can free up my hard drive space again.

JZStudios said:
So... apparently Dirt Showdown is the only one that doesn't support the Fanatec GT2. Welp, guess that means I can free up my hard drive space again.
You don't have a controller? Seems like the proper choice for that sort of game.

JZStudios said:
Does anyone else get weird stutters and hitches in AC?
Yeah, I do have stutters and hitches in AC on my PC (i7 2600k @4,5Ghz, GTX760, 16gb ram) with high settings and it doesn't even look that good.

About DR optimisation: it runs pretty well on almost every config I've tried so far.

dgeesi0 said:
is that something cooking ? i smell something in the oven :)
What does it smell like?

zoliRX said:
KevM said:
dgeesi0 said:
What does it smell like?

Kebab, presumably...?
They should def hide a kebab livery somewhere in the next game as an easter egg ;)

zoliRX said:
KevM said:
dgeesi0 said:
What does it smell like?

Kebab, presumably...?
Is it actually cooking in reality, or only Virtually cooking in reality? :smiley:

What IS Co-driver mode??

I've suggested a co-driver mode a long time ago might have been on the opd forums). What I had in mind then was some sort of guitar hero system where the notes would come down the screen. Top of the screen would be considered too early to call, but once the note hits the bottom it dissapears so you would have had to find a sweetspot in between.

would be cool if it's something like that, but I have no idea what it is exactly.

Also, as @Rallycameraman found out, I'm not as good at virtual co-driving as I am at real life co-driving! I put it down to being an Xbox player and having no idea of the PlayStation controller layout!
I saw the whole thing from across the room. I thought @Rallycameraman was going to go full-Galli on you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmp_ELOZdwM

:smiley:

Areyouben said:
I've suggested a co-driver mode a long time ago might have been on the opd forums). What I had in mind then was some sort of guitar hero system where the notes would come down the screen. Top of the screen would be considered too early to call, but once the note hits the bottom it dissapears so you would have had to find a sweetspot in between.

would be cool if it's something like that, but I have no idea what it is exactly.
That's very close to what it is! You have to press directional/symbol buttons and swipe the touch pad at the right moment to send the calls at the correct time. :)