DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I'm that jerk that's about to drop near 2k on pedals... but I run a Tilton setup in my real car, so I can't wait to see how they feel!

Fair enough, unfortunately I'll probably never try it on a wheel!

It's fun when you know when certain road books containing certain information are going to be released!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6rZfpSL1RQ

Just bought the Nixim brake and clutch mod for my G25 pedals, I have a feeling once I install it I will feel like an absolute pleb for not doing it beforehand. Anyone else done it?
Ive done it 2 years ago or so. Got both the clutch and brake springs, but clutch spring actually broke during dirt rally last spring. Just replaced it with the original clutch spring tho so no problem really.

In addition to the nixim brake pedal, Bodnar usb cable so the pedals are standalone but also have higher resolution of where the pedal position actually is. First of all it makes the movement ingame a lot smoother and ofcourse more accurate to what your inputs actually are. Very much recommended, i have the bodnar cable for both my G27 pedals and shifter, and use T500rs steering wheel so its great to have pedals and shifter standalone so they work with thurstmaster wheel.

gheeD said:
Just bought the Nixim brake and clutch mod for my G25 pedals, I have a feeling once I install it I will feel like an absolute pleb for not doing it beforehand. Anyone else done it?
Ive done it 2 years ago or so. Got both the clutch and brake springs, but clutch spring actually broke during dirt rally last spring. Just replaced it with the original clutch spring tho so no problem really.

In addition to the nixim brake pedal, Bodnar usb cable so the pedals are standalone but also have higher resolution of where the pedal position actually is. First of all it makes the movement ingame a lot smoother and ofcourse more accurate to what your inputs actually are. Very much recommended, i have the bodnar cable for both my G27 pedals and shifter, and use T500rs steering wheel so its great to have pedals and shifter standalone so they work with thurstmaster wheel.
I came across the cable today, is it really that noticeable of a difference? That would be good as it means I could get a T300 with the basic pedals and just use these the Logitech ones. So would the shifter need its own cable, didn't realise it could work for that as well. The main thing I want to upgrade is the wheel itself.

gheeD said:

I came across the cable today, is it really that noticeable of a difference? That would be good as it means I could get a T300 with the basic pedals and just use these the Logitech ones. So would the shifter need its own cable, didn't realise it could work for that as well. The main thing I want to upgrade is the wheel itself.
Yeah i got T500rs for cheap from a sim friend, but i didnt like the pedals compared to my g27 modded pedals, so i got the bodnar cable and use them instead with the thrustmaster wheel. Thrustmaster also sells an adapter for logitech pedals so that they connect to the same pedal port in the thrustmaster base. But i think its better to get the bodnar cable since its standalone USB. And yes for the shifter you have to pay another 20-30£ for the usb standalone cable.

This sort of mix works great for me in all games (WRC games and some else that dont support multiple usb devices dont but i wouldnt really play those anyways so no loss for me :X )

The T500 pedals look cheaper however I like the idea you can invert them upwards. I shall look into that, thanks!

Hah neither do although I did enjoy WRC3/4 whichever it was at the time but that was before I was into proper sim racing. I wonder if it will work for the upcoming Dirt Showdown 2?  o:)

gfRally said:
No, I plan to, but I have recently spent too much lately on my hobby 
Tbh, £33 for 2 springs and a little bit of material is a lot but I imagine he has the cover costs. I have a big problem with locking the wheels in AC because they're linear so these should help a lot. I also can't heel-toe with it currently because I always press the brake too much. It could just be me though lol
They are really reasonable for what they do, it just a wife thing.  If i spend a penny more, im dead.  She's been very nice not complaining about what i have spent, I don't want to push it with another package showing up.  Maybe later in the year.  

gfRally said:
gfRally said:
Tbh, £33 for 2 springs and a little bit of material is a lot but I imagine he has the cover costs. I have a big problem with locking the wheels in AC because they're linear so these should help a lot. I also can't heel-toe with it currently because I always press the brake too much. It could just be me though lol
They are really reasonable for what they do, it just a wife thing.  If i spend a penny more, im dead.  She's been very nice not complaining about what i have spent, I don't want to push it with another package showing up.  Maybe later in the year.  
Don't worry, its also a girlfriend thing! 

gfRally said:
gfRally said:
Wow.... do you work yourself? 

gfRally said:
gfRally said:
Guess I'm lucky in having the benefit of neither of those. #foreveralone.

I'm lucky in that my spouse doesn't act like my supreme overlord... and she's supportive of my hobbies and trades.

He never said his wife wasn't supportive, in fact he said she was.  There does become a point where you're literally spending all the shared money on your own stuff, where it's unsustainable and rude to the other person.

urgaffel said:
JZStudios said:
Guess I'm lucky in having the benefit of neither of those. #foreveralone.
Where's the hug button?:heart:

Eh, just show some nifty tech demos and behind the scenes of the game engine. I nerd out over that stuff. I've been spending time messing about in UE4 recenterly.

I see Christina and Kris Meeke are on 1st tweet terms now...  Wonder if he's been back at Codie HQ lately??

dgeesi0 said:
i smell something is cooking.what is it though ?
Not pizza. We didn't see a single slice of it at Codemasters. 

tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
Ooooohhhh... You "didn't" see any pizza at Codies. I see what you did there *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*.

Dytut said:
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
Ooooohhhh... You "didn't" see any pizza at Codies. I see what you did there *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*.
No we really didn't see any pizza. Or kebabs.

Dytut said:
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
What about kebabpizzas?

Dytut said:
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:

This is very concerning. I might have to stop buying Codemasters products from now on.

Tomorrow is Friday, I hope there will be some good news with at least a screenshot of the future game... :3