DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Dytut said:
tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
i smell something is cooking.what is it though ?
Not pizza. We didn't see a single slice of it at Codemasters. 
Ooooohhhh... You "didn't" see any pizza at Codies. I see what you did there *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*.
No we really didn't see any pizza. Or kebabs.
What about kebabpizzas?
*THIS REPLY HAS BEEN REMOVED BY CODEMASTERS DUE TO INFRINGEMENT ON THE NDA OF "DIRT KEBABPIZZA*

Darhour said:
Tomorrow is Friday, I hope there will be some good news with at least a screenshot of the future game... :3
Doubt it...

I've been out of the forums too long and what I know is kinda outdated. Does anyone have an idea what this new game will be?
My best guess is that the new game won't be released this year. I just hope there's an early access just as in DR

Procver said:
I've been out of the forums too long and what I know is kinda outdated. Does anyone have an idea what this new game will be?
My best guess is that the new game won't be released this year. I just hope there's an early access just as in DR
Some lucky few have had the luxury of being at codies in december and are all very smug about it. Nowhere near the smugness of @KickUp, lord of smugness, but doing their best. For the rest of us, not much to go on.

Most probably Dirt Rally 2 or Dirt 4, maybe some other variant of Dirt (Dirt Rally Legends or something). Might be a WRX game. 
Probably not early access. We know they have a new physics models that alledgedly is much better than dirt rally's.
No idea of release date, but at the earliest I'd expect late 2017. Probably mid '18.

Dytut said:
Procver said:
Some lucky few have had the luxury of being at codies in december and are all very smug about it. 
That is not true!

It was November.

*Cough* So apparently the codriver mode is only available for PSVR. This doesn't bother me as I personally don't care, but anyone else have thoughts?
The only thing that irritates me is it's still just more dev time being spent on more VR stuff which is a very small market. Especially on PS4.

@JZStudios on twitter a couple humans ripped into @KickUp about it not being on another platforms.  That was sad, but codriving isnt why Im here, so no big deal for me.

Oh I see... this will be the perfect year to practice my patience, for Project Cars 2 and specially this dark secret from the Codies...
We simple mortals have to wait, oh well...

Procver said:
Oh I see... this will be the perfect year to practice my patience, for Project Cars 2 and specially this dark secret from the Codies...
Played them both, one's definitely better than the other

Evilsmurf said:
Procver said:
Oh you teaser!

Evilsmurf said:
Procver said:
Ah. Guess I better suit up for the PCars hype train since I don't give a damn about VR.

Well that was, uh, special; i just ready through at least 3 posts wondering WTF "codriver" was before i pieced together the 'clues - I was reading it cod-river instead of co-driver  :/

Well that was, uh, special; i just ready through at least 3 posts wondering **** "codriver" was before i pieced together the 'clues - I was reading it cod-river instead of co-driver  :/
I was trying to think of something witty fish-related to say, but nothing came to mind.

If anybody can think of something, let minnow.

Well that was, uh, special; i just ready through at least 3 posts wondering **** "codriver" was before i pieced together the 'clues - I was reading it cod-river instead of co-driver  :/
I was trying to think of something witty fish-related to say, but nothing came to mind.

I am reminded of your pufferfish gif.
And minnow just reminds me of Gilligans Island.

tbtstt said:
dgeesi0 said:
i smell something is cooking.what is it though ?
Not pizza. We didn't see a single slice of it at Codemasters. 
You expect a kebab pizza to stay there? They obviously eat it before you even had a chance to see it xD

JZStudios said:
Evilsmurf said:
Procver said:
Ah. Guess I better suit up for the PCars hype train since I don't give a damn about VR.
Man I drank the Project Cars Kool-Aid...till they announced they couldn't figure out oval track racing.  Seeing as how I'm in the US, I desperately wanted the Indy500 to make it into the DLC as it was promised.  But big wig Ian "I'm the Boss and its my way or the Highway" Bell pretty much said eff you! So I decided to never give em another dime!  I'm gonna guess the next installment of Dirt is 1000xs better than any bug riddled crap SMS can produce.  This waiting is killing me...hope the next announcement from Codies says, something like Dirt Rally 2.0 Fall release 2017! 

wfwr26 said:
JZStudios said:
Evilsmurf said:
Procver said:
Man I drank the Project Cars Kool-Aid...till they announced they couldn't figure out oval track racing.  Seeing as how I'm in the US, I desperately wanted the Indy500 to make it into the DLC as it was promised.  But big wig Ian "I'm the Boss and its my way or the Highway" Bell pretty much said eff you! So I decided to never give em another dime!  I'm gonna guess the next installment of Dirt is 1000xs better than any bug riddled crap SMS can produce.  This waiting is killing me...hope the next announcement from Codies says, something like Dirt Rally 2.0 Fall release 2017! 
Yeah. That was a satirical comment. If PCars 2 releases in a decent state and the head honcho stops acting like dickish brat I might buy it at launch. As it is, PCars works better for me than AC, and I now hate Stefano and the Kunos guys even more than Bell, so I'm never purchasing anything from them again.

I am also floundering to find a response, but I figured I would post for the halibut.