DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

DIRT 4!!!

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/01/announcing-dirt-4/

In june!

New profile pic on the twitter...

"an innovative rally route creation tool that allows you to produce an almost-infinite number of unique stages at the press of a button." Oh my

Stage creation is very cool, we played around with it in November. You can alter the length and technicality on sliders and it will create a stage for you

That sounds very cool, what about the physics, do they feel different, better? More realistic? Longer stages?

"With DiRT 4, we’ve sought to combine the levels of thrill and realism from last year’s DiRT Rally with the fearless excitement, fun, and adrenaline-fuelled races previously seen in its critically acclaimed prequels DiRT 2 and DiRT 3."

Hmm. There is something in me that hesitates when reading this. Also, I would be so disapointed if they step away from creating "real" stages.

Excellent.                                                                                    

About RX: "FIA World Rallycross Championship, Dirt 4’s tracks include Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes and Lydden Hill. "

Source: Polygon

Also I'm pretty sure that the final clip in the trailer is from wales. So My guess is they they are keeping the stages from dirt rally and add on that foundation with new locations and rallies

Etirion said:
That sounds very cool, what about the physics, do they feel different, better? More realistic? Longer stages?
Lots better, car weight feels miles better, braking distances are better, and cars no longer fly to the moon over bumps.

There is also an aracade handling mode available for those that prefer dirt 3 style handling. I didn't personally try it because I was only interested in the simulation handling, but others said it was good

"The new game features off-road vehicles including the Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2."

OH YEAH

awesome new ! happy days B)                                                                              

Etirion said:
Lots better, car weight feels miles better, braking distances are better, and cars no longer fly to the moon over bumps.

There is also an aracade handling mode available for those that prefer dirt 3 style handling. I didn't personally try it because I was only interested in the simulation handling, but others said it was good
Sounds like they're really listenting a lot to what we're saying, very excited!

From Polygon site:

The new game features off-road vehicles including the Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2. With the official license of the FIA World Rallycross Championship, Dirt 4’s tracks include Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes and Lydden Hill.

A mode called Your Stage allows players to create and share their own race stages. There’s also a Land Rush mode featuring short courses for buggies and trucks in California, Nevada and Mexico.

According to Eurogamer: "For more traditional rally, Dirt 4 boasts five locations - Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden and Wales"

So 3 new locations (from DR -  Michigan was present in D3, right?) but some dropped from DR.