DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

It's on steam! Adding to wishlist.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/421020

More info: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/26/dirt-4-coming-to-ps4-this-june-4-things-you-need-to-know/

SkyRex said:
Nice, very nice
and the 2015 WRX STI will be there ! and the R5 cars (at least the Fiesta)
improved physics sounds nice too!

Fewer rally locations is a bummer... but custom stages sounds super awesome !
Important question for the visitors: How long can you make those custom stages ? Like maximum length ? And do you know if you can save them and create some nice complete rally events from those featuring only long realistic stages ? that would be bonkers

And it being a main-release game from CM, we can probably count on Rally-location-DLC

Does anyone know if this is an evolved EGO or if it's a new engine?

I'm not actually sure. Think they were probably similar length to dirt rally, maybe a little longer. But I can't remember unfortunately.

I would describe this best as dirt rally meets dirt 3/2. 

Anyway, I'm off lunch break and back to work, I'll leave it to the others to answer any questions!

Bummer we're missing Monte and Finland. But DLC might come?

• OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2

• 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales

• THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series

• LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico

• JOYRIDE - Laptime challenges, smash challenges, free-play area and send challenges to friends

• DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best!

• CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards

• COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world

• NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, leagues and tournaments, cross-platform leaderboards, enhanced CREST telemetry system

• TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style

• DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.

Paul Coleman out, Nicky Grist in!                                

I pray to god that they dont get away from the mistake punishment of dirt rally...Its so satisfying when you nail a stage because it can be so tough to do on dirt rally...can you guys confirm this is still a thing in dirt 4?

I am the only one to hope for some toyota (either the various Celica GT-4 (especially the ST185), Celica TCT, the AE86, the corolla WRC and various others) ???

Well looks like its gonna be promising, im okay with more fun features if the handling is atleast on level of dirt rally.. But i really wouldnt mind if the new game had much improved physics  :D Also gonna be really great to drive trucks, buggies and crosskarts again, really missed trucks from dirt 1.

i am happy that while it will be a few months of unbearable waiting it isnt as long as i thought it might be which is great news ! B) new wales tracks and so many new features.cant wait to play it.

Lots of information here - http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331841547561/dirt-4-interview-red-bull-games

The Your Stage feature sounds interesting. Hopefully the co-driver calls will work properly.

So about the Your Stage mode.

Are stages created 100% from scratch? So the only thing a location dictates is the sort of roads surface, trees, obstacles etc. there are, but the rest is 100% unique for each stage?

Or is it more like Grid 2 where there are certain sections that are combined together to create a new combination?

From the outside looking in, the game looks and sounds impressive, more mainstream, more internationally viable and probably more structured to keep it fun and interesting.  I have no doubt it'll be commercially successful too.

But as a guy that didn't own a console or PC until I saw the original tweets and trailers for DiRT Rally, I'm a bit disappointed that this isn't a pure sequel to DiRT Rally.  My cars and stages have been taken away from me :(

I'm hyped but I'm also disappointed with no Monte and Finland I really liked them I had hoped the stages from dirt rally would be carried over to the next game and new stages would be added to create a big roster of locations 

One thing I found interesting is the GRS brand on the R5. TO me I think that this might be an indication that the Codies are creating their own rally championship within the game itself. Which was one of the things I really wanted :P

In the redbull article someone posted earlier it says stuff about a fleshed out career mode.

I'm personally kind of... disappointed I believe is the word? I expected a bigger and better DR in every aspect, not a DiRT3 with DR physics and graphics.

In other words I expected the content of DR to be expanded, improved, updated etc. along with the engine being upgraded. It's nice to see rally school, ladders, new game modes, Nicky Grist and the iconic cars but... it just seems like a rushed project to get the money flowing in while the hype for the rally sim is still high. I highly expected this game to be released in 2018, especially that development times increase due to the complexity of graphics and what not.

Also... I'm completely not hyped about the "track creator" tool. Part of the appeal to rally for me is being able to drive on the stages that reflect those that exist in real life, even if in a small extent. It adds to the immersion for me. Driving on a stage that has been generated by some algorithm will never provide the same level of immersion. I realise it's very healthy for game longevity and competitive side and all that stuff but... I'd prefer more locations and stages over this thing.

And yes, I'm butthurt about the lack of Monte Carlo :D

Etirion said:
So... what about the 2017 wrc cars, havent read anything about those.
I'm gonna guess that that licensing would need to be obtained, and now that the cars are actually out they could get models of them...hopefully this is why they were in talks with milestone earlier this season?