DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

bogani said:
R4MO78 said:
Guys! This is a more fleshed out version of dirt rally. The sim handling is improved from dirt rally a lot and felt really good. The stages, even though generated, still felt like proper stages, and the pacenotes were absolutely fine. This game is a true successor to Dirt Rally, it just caters to a wider audience by having an optional arcade handling mode.
I'm sorry but I do not think it is as you say.
Not only they have NOT added new tracks but have even decreased (Monte Carlo, Finland) ..
real successor of Dirt Rally .. there are Gr.B? WRC? .. In short, at least the cars currently present, there will be?
I think not, is not a Rally game .. it's just a soup
I don't really know how it's soup, but anyway.

Theres 1 less rally location than in dirt rally. Wales and Sweden return, but with all new stages. In addition, the track generator means that there is even more rally content than in Dirt Rally. There were also more classes of rally cars I believe than in dirt rally, including group b.

One thing I'll clear up, no there probably won't be any WRC cars, they couldn't get licences for any unfortunately. But there was a beefy looking R5 class, with 4 or 5 cars in it
No WRC's. Thats strange. I understand that the 2017 cars can't be added, but older models like in DR without the WRC tag shouldn't be impossible? Strange that no manufacturer would let them use older cars.

If there are no F2's I'll be crying :(
Is it the FIA dicking around with the license?

https://twitter.com/AndyGray_/status/824651786493579264

Kris Meeke giving it a go.
The part at 0.23 makes me think he is using the arcade handling model. I hope he does. Really.

Can't help but think after reading these forums and social media that there's a hell of a lot of ungrateful spoilt people out there. It's quite sad really. 
The Dirt 4 announcement thread is disappointing. If more of the tidbits in this thread got out there, there ought to be more enthusiasm from the rally-or-nothing crowd. Dirt 4 sounds to me like everything I could hope to expect from a Dirt 4: the variety of content of a mainstream Dirt game, built on the philosophy of Dirt Rally, with all the options to let D3 fans and DR fans get the experience they want and everything in between. I'm in. I'm excited. I'm hyperventilating.

Dirt fish rally school was really cool. I played with the stadium trucks too, they were a lot of fun! Especially the rear wheel drive Ines, they were my favourite. There were 4x4 ones too.

May I ask, were they licensed trucks, or generic ones?

Also, since the trailer has a heartbeat theme to it, it remind me that you should use a song, for your intro, from another title with a theme of heartbeat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UzNI-bXJw0&list=PL064566DDE0717BB4
Um, I'm not sure actually. Possibly unlicensed, but I don't really know much about real world trucks, so they could have been licensed ones!

F2 kit cars were in the version we played, can't comment on wether they will make the final cut though! Also in the build we played were a less powerful 2wd class and an R2 class! Again, can't say if they will be in the final version or not though!

Dirt fish rally school was really cool. I played with the stadium trucks too, they were a lot of fun! Especially the rear wheel drive Ines, they were my favourite. There were 4x4 ones too.

May I ask, were they licensed trucks, or generic ones?

Also, since the trailer has a heartbeat theme to it, it remind me that you should use a song, for your intro, from another title with a theme of heartbeat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UzNI-bXJw0&list=PL064566DDE0717BB4
Um, I'm not sure actually. Possibly unlicensed, but I don't really know much about real world trucks, so they could have been licensed ones!

F2 kit cars were in the version we played, can't comment on wether they will make the final cut though! Also in the build we played were a less powerful 2wd class and an R2 class! Again, can't say if they will be in the final version or not though!
Ah, nice. Thanks for answering as much as you can. There's so many questions :P

bogani said:

The part at 0.23 makes me think he is using the arcade handling model. I hope he does. Really.
Havent watched it, did he take a wheel off??  (poor Kris) lol

Hope the R2 class makes to the final version :tongue:

Would be cool to have a list of confirmed cars (so far) released by the team, like Forza devs did with "Forza Garage".

KevM said:
bogani said:

Havent watched it, did he take a wheel off?? lol
He comes to a junction with too much speed but the car seems to have magical grip so it looks very undramatic. Arcade handling model would explain that. I hope :P

bogani said:
KevM said:
bogani said:

He comes to a junction with too much speed but the car seems to have magical grip so it looks very undramatic. Arcade handling model would explain that. I hope :P
Less Grip-ness is the way forward

So i suppose my main 3 questions for now to devs/testers

1) Is engine improved from DiRT Rally? Supposedly DR had a few engine limitations preventing some other things i forget already.
2) Amount of Stadium trucks? More than in DiRT 3, which boasted the glorious number of ONE?
3) Same as 2, but for Buggies.

Snaky115 said:

1) Is engine improved from DiRT Rally? Supposedly DR had a few engine limitations preventing some other things i forget already.
2) Amount of Stadium trucks? More than in DiRT 3, which boasted the glorious number of ONE?
1. Sorry I'm not that technical with things like that, but it did feel better, car behaviour was a big improvement over dirt rally in all aspects.
2. I didn't really explore it that much, all I saw in the build was a rear wheel drive class with one truck, and a 4 wheel drive class with one truck.
3. Didn't test the buggies, but I breifly played the cross karts (I assume they are different things and it's not just the gaming sites listing the cross karts as buggies).

Edit: I've already said it, but I'll say it again, the simulation handling is in very good hands, and is built on what was done in dirt rally. The braking distances have increased, so I imagine they were probably playing arcade.

bogani said:
KevM said:
bogani said:

Now I have, it does look quite planted.  Hopefully thats soft-core mode.  Stage looks great though!

bogani said:

@RallyDriven You tried it. What you reckon? :)

Snaky115 said:

1. Sorry I'm not that technical with things like that, but it did feel better, car behaviour was a big improvement over dirt rally in all aspects.
2. I didn't really explore it that much, all I saw in the build was a rear wheel drive class with one truck, and a 4 wheel drive class with one truck.
3. Didn't test the buggies, but I breifly played the cross karts (I assume they are different things and it's not just the gaming sites listing the cross karts as buggies).

Edit: I've already said it, but I'll say it again, the simulation handling is in very good hands, and is built on what was done in dirt rally. The braking distances have increased, so I imagine they were probably playing arcade.
CROSS KARTS! *faints*

I didn't try the arcade, but it doesn't look like simulation handling to me. 

So, when I first sat down to play, it immediately felt familiar to dirt rally. I instantly noticed the cars weight felt a lot better, the car felt planted on the road and wasn't getting thrown about as much as it tends to in dirt rally. Then I came into the first major braking section, brakes at the same point as I would have in dirt rally, and immediately over-shot the corner! So the braking distances are much more realistic, and in that video of Kris it shows Him braking very last minute, so I'm going to say it's definitely aracade!

Can't help but think after reading these forums and social media that there's a hell of a lot of ungrateful spoilt people out there. It's quite sad really. 
What did you expect, adulation?

Never mind Kris Meeke, I'd happily do a Hardcore Simulation mode RWD teaser vid for the community if you like?  

All heart, me! lol

(You have RWD rally cars planned for the new game, right??)   :s

KevM said:
Never mind Kris Meeke, I'd happily do a Hardcore Simulation mode RWD teaser vid for the community if you like?  

All heart, me! lol

Think the 70s cars are the same, 80s cars are the same plus the Ascona 400. 

So, when I first sat down to play, it immediately felt familiar to dirt rally. I instantly noticed the cars weight felt a lot better, the car felt planted on the road and wasn't getting thrown about as much as it tends to in dirt rally. Then I came into the first major braking section, brakes at the same point as I would have in dirt rally, and immediately over-shot the corner! So the braking distances are much more realistic, and in that video of Kris it shows Him braking very last minute, so I'm going to say it's definitely aracade!
'Planted' is perhaps a bad description though.  I thought the way the cars in DR transmitted skipping over the uneven surface was a real masterpiece.  Yes, they got lairy over yumps after V2 but for me, more 'planted' would be bad?

KevM said:

All heart, me! lol

Awesome! Love the Ascona :)

No 97/98 Impreza? :P

KevM said:

'Planted' is perhaps a bad description though.  I thought the way the cars in DR transmitted skipping over the uneven surface was a real masterpiece.  Yes, they got lairy over yumps after V2 but for me, more 'planted' would be bad?
I more mean for things like landing of jumps and getting unhappy over bumps. I agree the way the cars transitioned in DR was really good, and from my memory that was the same in 4.

KevM said:

All heart, me! lol

Perhaps you'll be able to answer my burning question if the 037 is in again? :D