DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

zoliRX said:
I don't think there are actually any real life stages, think there may have been a communication error somewhere. All the stages are generated in Your Stage. The career mode stages are pre generated but not based on real world stages, just real world locations.
I was under the impression that a certain amount of stages created by CM themselves of varying difficulty and length followed with those five locations. So, there are no ''set stages'' at all, created by CM themselves but rather everything is generated by 'Your Stage'? 
Yes you are correct with your first sentence, but they are only playable (as far as I know) in the career mode.

I don't think there are actually any real life stages, think there may have been a communication error somewhere. All the stages are generated in Your Stage. The career mode stages are pre generated but not based on real world stages, just real world locations.
Aww  :/

Still, doesn't change my opinion so far. I appreciate accurate stages as much as the next guy but I come to DR because of the feeling of the cars, not whether the stages are 100% accurate. I've never been to any locations in the game so if you told me all the stages were not real I'd probably believe you. I get why people want authentic stages but I really don't think it makes much of a difference other than being able to say that you recognize a certain place. Plus, not having to scan real roads should make it much easier to add new locations in the future.

If perhaps you are one of the people who like running permanent, premade stages, am I right to assume you can run the career stages that way if you want?

urgaffel said:
bogani said:
Here in an interesting clip.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPvNyeklJRu/?taken-by=sandrogueone 

We have an actual service area now :open_mouth:
Very nice!

And I must say I really love this on the limit screenshot. I hope it's in game :)

It's in-game yes. It's got everything cranked up to 11 so the final product might not match it perfectly but it's damn close.
Was that the case with DiRT Rally promo shots too like the one below that was released at the time early access started?

EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
bogani said:
That is a bummer. I'm sure the generated stages can be awesome, but I doubt they will have the same soul and attention to detail the current stages has.

And I still don't get why no older spec WRC machinery could be licensed. 

Anyways, exciting times! Hopefully we will have more info soon.
Exciting if you're getting a check from CM... 

And I'm sure this "game" will be great... for those who it was built for, not the people who bought the previous title. Glad I got it cheap during EA.... 
Christ what are you on about? None of us were paid for our visit to codemasters, we went because we were fans of the game, and passionate about rally! Dirt 4 has a lot of the soul of Dirt Rally, it's just been scaled up for a bigger market. If you liked dirt rally, you will like dirt 4. If not, go moan somewhere else
Nobody was referring to you... **** off and go praise your CM overlords some more.... let the adults ask valid questions.
Calm down there cowboy

I really wouldn't worry too much about not having real stages, the stages in the game were very good, and I probably wouldn't have known that they weren't real unless someone told me
Yeah, well, you're not me. And my brain unfortunately apart from being retarded, has a very specific way of working. And the moment I know those are not real stages, it just sits at the back of the head and itches all the time, never really allowing you to fully get into things. So while for most this isn't an issue, it is a killer for me.

It's a real shame though, because apart from the lack of Monte Carlo, those real life stages, lack of graphical improvement (still 2D grass -_-) and the general missing of a lot of DR content, everything else seems to be spot on.

EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
bogani said:
That is a bummer. I'm sure the generated stages can be awesome, but I doubt they will have the same soul and attention to detail the current stages has.

And I'm sure this "game" will be great... for those who it was built for, not the people who bought the previous title. Glad I got it cheap during EA.... 
Christ what are you on about? None of us were paid for our visit to codemasters, we went because we were fans of the game, and passionate about rally! Dirt 4 has a lot of the soul of Dirt Rally, it's just been scaled up for a bigger market. If you liked dirt rally, you will like dirt 4. If not, go moan somewhere else
Nobody was referring to you... **** off and go praise your CM overlords some more.... let the adults ask valid questions.
You don't want to start abusing people on here. Not with me around. I will abuse you until you cry for your mother.

EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
bogani said:

Haha, you're so funny! Have a nice time being miserable about a game that hasn't come out yet x

bogani said:

As far as i;m aware there will be the 01 and 07 Focus and the 01 Impreza WRC
Then, they just couldn't get the 2010s ones?
Yeah seems that way. Licensing is a b1tch, Particularly when it involves WRC!

Licensing is a confusing, complicated thing that nobody understands except people who are involved directly. Personally, I believe it works like a demon-summoning ritual, but that's just speculation.

zoliRX said:
I was under the impression that a certain amount of stages created by CM themselves of varying difficulty and length followed with those five locations. So, there are no ''set stages'' at all, created by CM themselves but rather everything is generated by 'Your Stage'? 
Yes you are correct with your first sentence, but they are only playable (as far as I know) in the career mode.
Phew, I thought everything was randomly generated. Thanks for clearing that up!

I'm loving the idea of Your Stage though. Sounds like it'll give some good longevity to the game.

‪I'll be honest and say that I haven't had time to read the gossip thread today as I have been very busy talking to the press today. As I sit alone in a bar waiting for some food I thought I'd write this just so you know. ‬

‪We built DiRT 4 on the simulation that started with DiRT Rally. We've improved the simulation (Aero, Chassis, Tyres and much more) Basically all the stuff that you have been asking for. ‬

‪We've not dumbed anything down, we've just given players more ways to learn and get comfortable with rally so that the people who love the sport but can't handle the sim have a great game that they can play. Those that live for the simulation get an improved experience. I know it's hard to believe but we have managed to achieve both. ‬

‪You've asked for more content and Your Stage is our answer to that. We simply are not allowed to represent the actual iconic stages that we did for reasons beyond our control. What we have created is an incredible piece of technology that means that you will be able to generate new stages in our locations to your hearts content. I've worked in game development for 14 years now and this is the most incredible thing I've ever been involved with. This takes everything we did with DiRT Rally and takes it to the next level. ‬

‪This was a piece of technology that couldn't be added to DiRT Rally, its so much more than that and as more news comes out over the coming months it hope it aligns with your expectations. ‬

‪My food is here now but I hope that helps explain where we are coming from. I'll be catching up with the Gossip thread over the weekend but for now please rest assured that the spirt of Rally is still burning strong. ‬

I've a few questions about the Career:

Can you do a Rally only career or you need to get into other categories to progress?

Lets say, when you repeat an event (for example Australia) the second time you run it is it the same stages or are a few dozens of stages pre-generated for career? @Rallycameraman?

bogani said:

Yeah seems that way. Licensing is a b1tch, Particularly when it involves WRC!
Oh well, at least we'll have the 2.0 litre WRCs, which were cool and had more torque. Did you also spot a Citroen C4?

KickUp said:
‪I'll be honest and say that I haven't had time to read the gossip thread today as I have been very busy talking to the press today. As I sit alone in a bar waiting for some food I thought I'd write this just so you know. ‬

‪We built DiRT 4 on the simulation that started with DiRT Rally. We've improved the simulation (Aero, Chassis, Tyres and much more) Basically all the stuff that you have been asking for. ‬

‪We've not dumbed anything down, we've just given players more ways to learn and get comfortable with rally so that the people who love the sport but can't handle the sim have a great game that they can play. Those that live for the simulation get an improved experience. I know it's hard to believe but we have managed to achieve both. ‬

‪You've asked for more content and Your Stage is our answer to that. We simply are not allowed to represent the actual iconic stages that we did for reasons beyond our control. What we have created is an incredible piece of technology that means that you will be able to generate new stages in our locations to your hearts content. I've worked in game development for 14 years now and this is the most incredible thing I've ever been involved with. This takes everything we did with DiRT Rally and takes it to the next level. ‬

‪This was a piece of technology that couldn't be added to DiRT Rally, its so much more than that and as more news comes out over the coming months it hope it aligns with your expectations. ‬

‪My food is here now but I hope that helps explain where we are coming from. I'll be catching up with the Gossip thread over the weekend but for now please rest assured that the spirt of Rally is still burning strong. ‬

Thanks for clarifying things. Giving access to more players without punishing people looking for the pure experience is nowhere near a bad thing. It will probably draw more people in to the advanced driving model soon enough.

Can't wait for more info!

EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
bogani said:

You don't want to start abusing people on here. Not with me around. I will abuse you until you cry for your mother.
I doubt that.... 

But am I supposed to just lay down and take this crap from people who couldn't see CM do wrong? Lol, no... 

I'm asking valid questions and getting attacked, and I'm not the only one, check the net, we ALL feel this way. 

So sit here in your echo chambers if you'd like, but if you attack me for asking valid questions and valid points just because you don't want to hear it, I'm gonna bite back. 

Troll away, because I have like 50 socks....

EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
bogani said:

I doubt that.... 

But am I supposed to just lay down and take this crap from people who couldn't see CM do wrong? Lol, no... 

I'm asking valid questions and getting attacked, and I'm not the only one, check the net, we ALL feel this way. 

So sit here in your echo chambers if you'd like, but if you attack me for asking valid questions and valid points just because you don't want to hear it, I'm gonna bite back. 

No one here is mad at you for not liking something, you are insulting people and blindly shitting on something you havent seen

Azoresst said:

Can you do a Rally only career or you need to get into other categories to progress?

Lets say, when you repeat an event (for example Australia) the second time you run it is it the same stages or are a few dozens of stages pre-generated for career? @Rallycameraman?
I don't believe you will drive the same stage more than once. This is not like DR.

I believe you will always go into a stage and not know what to expect.

Azoresst said:

I don't believe you will drive the same stage more than once. This is not like DR.

I believe you will always go into a stage and not know what to expect.

So, by other words everytime you repeat a Rally event there will be new stages to run?

zoliRX said:
zoliRX said:
Phew, I thought everything was randomly generated. Thanks for clearing that up!
Wait... so are there actual rally stages based on real life ones or not? Regardless of where you can play them. You guys made it so confusing right now it's just impossible to understand...

Because currently it seems to me like all the stages are generated,  just that the career ones have been generated with fixed values, so they are always generated in the same way. I'd kill for some normal simple answer...

EDDSkitz said:
I doubt that.... 

To be fair, you are posting on the official Codemasters forums, there's probably going to be a few people here, who, you know, *like* Codemasters games.

You're allowed to question things, just don't be bitter and whiny, that's all.

Azoresst said:

You can do Rally only to get to the end. If you want 100% completion you'll need to do other disciplines. 

In career all stages are defined by us designers. They don't change, so you can go back and repeat them as much as you want and they all have leaderboards associated with them. 

EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
bogani said:

I doubt that.... 

Don't think anyone attacked you, at least not until you started swearing at us! I've answered all your questions, you just haven't listened to me! 

Darhour said:
You  chaps need to check this for more details about the new DiRT title or am I late for this?? 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/421020
Yup, you are late for this :D It was mentioned 10 or so pages ago :D 

To the guys that know stuff, will will we have ACAT mode?

@KickUp Like in DiRT Rally, will we have all cars available right away if we just want to create a custom event?

KickUp said:
You can do Rally only to get to the end. If you want 100% completion you'll need to do other disciplines. 

In career all stages are defined by us designers. They don't change, so you can go back and repeat them as much as you want and they all have leaderboards associated with them. 
So, summary: 

-All stages are NOT modeled directly after real ones
-Career stages are made by devs and DON'T CHANGE; they can be run over and over again
-The randomized stages are self explanitory