DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

@KickUp Like in DiRT Rally, will we have all cars available right away if we just want to create a custom event?
Yes. All cars are available in Freeplay

Etirion said:
EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
bogani said:
I don't think there are actually any real life stages, think there may have been a communication error somewhere. All the stages are generated in Your Stage. The career mode stages are pre generated but not based on real world stages, just real world locations.
That is a bummer. I'm sure the generated stages can be awesome, but I doubt they will have the same soul and attention to detail the current stages has.

And I still don't get why no older spec WRC machinery could be licensed. 

Anyways, exciting times! Hopefully we will have more info soon.
Exciting if you're getting a check from CM... 

And I'm sure this "game" will be great... for those who it was built for, not the people who bought the previous title. Glad I got it cheap during EA.... 
Christ what are you on about? None of us were paid for our visit to codemasters, we went because we were fans of the game, and passionate about rally! Dirt 4 has a lot of the soul of Dirt Rally, it's just been scaled up for a bigger market. If you liked dirt rally, you will like dirt 4. If not, go moan somewhere else
Nobody was referring to you... **** off and go praise your CM overlords some more.... let the adults ask valid questions.
You don't want to start abusing people on here. Not with me around. I will abuse you until you cry for your mother.
I doubt that.... 

But am I supposed to just lay down and take this crap from people who couldn't see CM do wrong? Lol, no... 

I'm asking valid questions and getting attacked, and I'm not the only one, check the net, we ALL feel this way. 

So sit here in your echo chambers if you'd like, but if you attack me for asking valid questions and valid points just because you don't want to hear it, I'm gonna bite back. 

Troll away, because I have like 50 socks....
No one here is mad at you for not liking something, you are insulting people and blindly shitting on something you havent seen
You should check outside the walled CM forum garden... 
Sim racers are getting attacked by children all morning for asking these tough questions. 

This really doesn't feel like a money grab to you guys? 

If it's the same engine as it seems (because you think that'd be one of the first things said) then they could've just updated DR. 

Instead, they chose to add features that were removed from previous titles back in, features that were what kept a majority of us away prior. 

DR was the only thing that got me back into sim racing because of all the casuals everywhere else playing bumper cars. And while I like iracing, I shouldn't have to pay a subscription service just to not have some jerk doing donuts during a points race.

Anyone here can say what they'd like, but I know at the end of the day, I'm right, there's thousands of us out there, and they could've made some of that money. But they chose to go with the arcade players, clearly. 

EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
bogani said:
I don't think there are actually any real life stages, think there may have been a communication error somewhere. All the stages are generated in Your Stage. The career mode stages are pre generated but not based on real world stages, just real world locations.
That is a bummer. I'm sure the generated stages can be awesome, but I doubt they will have the same soul and attention to detail the current stages has.

And I'm sure this "game" will be great... for those who it was built for, not the people who bought the previous title. Glad I got it cheap during EA.... 
Christ what are you on about? None of us were paid for our visit to codemasters, we went because we were fans of the game, and passionate about rally! Dirt 4 has a lot of the soul of Dirt Rally, it's just been scaled up for a bigger market. If you liked dirt rally, you will like dirt 4. If not, go moan somewhere else
Nobody was referring to you... **** off and go praise your CM overlords some more.... let the adults ask valid questions.
You don't want to start abusing people on here. Not with me around. I will abuse you until you cry for your mother.
I doubt that.... 

But am I supposed to just lay down and take this crap from people who couldn't see CM do wrong? Lol, no... 

I'm asking valid questions and getting attacked, and I'm not the only one, check the net, we ALL feel this way. 

So sit here in your echo chambers if you'd like, but if you attack me for asking valid questions and valid points just because you don't want to hear it, I'm gonna bite back. 

Thing is you sound like CM owes you something. They don't. 

Too bad you don't like the direction they are taking. Bitching about it in numerous posts won't change that. You are free to vote with your wallet and leave this title on the shelf.

I'm sad they won't have stages based on real roads as in DR, but as long as the driving model is on par with DR I'm not going to dismiss this title before I tried it.

KickUp said:
@KickUp Like in DiRT Rally, will we have all cars available right away if we just want to create a custom event?
Yes. All cars are available in Freeplay
Thank you very much for the info.

bogani said:
I'm sad they won't have stages based on real roads as in DR, but as long as the driving model is on par with DR I'm not going to dismiss this title before I tried it.
Yeah, I have similar feelings here as well. I'll be definitely willing to try the RX side with the official tracks and hopefully the Audi S1 RX and I believe it will be great in that department. Just a shame that the rally side for me is dead, even though naturally for many it's actually becoming more like the real actual experience.

KickUp said:
Azoresst said:
I've a few questions about the Career:

Can you do a Rally only career or you need to get into other categories to progress?

Lets say, when you repeat an event (for example Australia) the second time you run it is it the same stages or are a few dozens of stages pre-generated for career? @Rallycameraman?
You can do Rally only to get to the end. If you want 100% completion you'll need to do other disciplines. 

In career all stages are defined by us designers. They don't change, so you can go back and repeat them as much as you want and they all have leaderboards associated with them. 

Thanks Paul! By the way in Career can we expect a good amount of stages created by the designers or will it be like DiRT Rally? And can we expect Rally events to have, lets say, 10+ stages (close to the real "deal")?

Azoresst said:
KickUp said:
Azoresst said:
I've a few questions about the Career:

Can you do a Rally only career or you need to get into other categories to progress?

Lets say, when you repeat an event (for example Australia) the second time you run it is it the same stages or are a few dozens of stages pre-generated for career? @Rallycameraman?
You can do Rally only to get to the end. If you want 100% completion you'll need to do other disciplines. 

In career all stages are defined by us designers. They don't change, so you can go back and repeat them as much as you want and they all have leaderboards associated with them. 

Thanks Paul! By the way in Career can we expect a good amount of stages created by the designers or will it be like DiRT Rally? And can we expect Rally events to have, lets say, 10+ stages (close to the real "deal")?
In DiRT Rally we had 12 unique stages that we reversed and cut up into smaller routes. In DiRT 4 we will have hundreds of unique stages. 

Your Stage can make a near infinite number of stages because the combinations are so huge. 

EDDSkitz said:
Etirion said:
EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
bogani said:

I doubt that.... 

No one here is mad at you for not liking something, you are insulting people and blindly shitting on something you havent seen
Anyone here can say what they'd like, but I know at the end of the day, I'm right, there's thousands of us out there, and they could've made some of that money. But they chose to go with the arcade players, clearly. 

zoliRX said:
EDDSkitz said:
Etirion said:
EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
EDDSkitz said:
bogani said:

I doubt that.... 

Feel free to use that search button buddy.... or you could be like the rest of today's generation, lazy.

Etirion said:
Can we give this guy a time out already? Nothing but entitled bitching.
The only entitled ones are you people.... I've only asked questions and given opinions on stated facts. 

Like it or not. 

Also, you guys attacked me first just because I refuse to blindly accept whatever they throw out there. 

@EDDSkitz But the thing is you're complaining about nothing. The sim handling from dirt rally is still there, and it's better than it was before. And the stages, whilst they aren't real like dirt rally, they still feel real, and there are hundreds of them!

@EDDSkitz But the thing is you're complaining about nothing. The sim handling from dirt rally is still there, and it's better than it was before. And the stages, whilst they aren't real like dirt rally, they still feel real, and there are hundreds of them!
*ehem. Billions+

Yes, the new game looks great, and the Physics are probably great too.... but seriously, trucks and buggies? I'm sure they are fun, but could've made more locations instead, and I understand that's my opinion.

Also, if the tracks are only 1km longer, then we are on the same older engine? That means a rebuild, but not something they couldn't add to DR with a version update. 
I absolutely do not speak for myself when I say we were all expecting a new engine to handle longer stages. 

I like the service park upgrades I've seen and heard, and I rather like the idea of never driving the same stage twice. With the tile style setup it should work great, but we're they not able to keep the real locations? Last I checked, you can't copywrite a road.

We need an additional moderator up in this house. You just don't let a person run wild like that for so long.

EDDSkitz said:
Etirion said:
The only entitled ones are you people.... I've only asked questions and given opinions on stated facts. 

Like it or not. 

Also, you guys attacked me first just because I refuse to blindly accept whatever they throw out there. 
Would you like to ask me the questions? (Sorry I've been busy today)

Was a bit disappointed at first  but everything that is said makes me more excited about it In career mode is there the possibility a stage is run twice during an event that's one of the things I missed in DR in real events some/most stages(depends on which event)  are ran twice or even 3 times.
Will there also be a female codriver not that I don't like @KickUp or Nicky grist but in d2 and d3 I also preferred the female Co driver. 
I don't know if this was already asked but will there be tyre choices? 

Some footage of DiRT 4 I found on YT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvWXaJYQkiM
Quite interesting stuff there.

Lynx2000 said:
Was a bit disappointed at first  but everything that is said makes me more excited about it In career mode is there the possibility a stage is run twice during an event that's one of the things I missed in DR in real events some/most stages(depends on which event)  are ran twice or even 3 times.
Will there also be a female codriver not that I don't like @KickUp or Nicky grist but in d2 and d3 I also preferred the female Co driver. 

Jen Horsey (the female codriver from Dirt 3) will in the game according to the Playstation post: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/01/26/dirt-4-coming-to-ps4-this-june-4-things-you-need-to-know/

@KickUp So, clarify - Stage and country selection, especially the fact that we won't get real life stages like 'Sweet Lamb', is because of Licensing ?

Lynx2000 said:

We might run some stages twice in events but we have so many Stage options now that we don't need to. 
Jen Horsey will be co driving as well as Nicky. She is awesome. 
We might do tyre choices. Not decided yet. 

Lynx2000 said:
Jen Horsey (Dirt 3) is coming back, so you can choose between her and Nicky.

Edit: This thread moves fast. :expressionless:

KickUp said:
EDDSkitz said:
Etirion said:

Like it or not. 

Would you like to ask me the questions? (Sorry I've been busy today)
I understand you've been busy... I believe I've posted my main concerns and opinions that haven't been answered at this point.

I'm 50/50 on this... as said, I love what's been done, and about half of what's been announced with D4. I'm just concerned that a larger company is steering development just like a recent title I followed only to have said company ruin the title by rushing a product to market.

Snaky115 said:
@KickUp So, clarify - Stage and country selection, especially the fact that we won't get real life stages like 'Sweet Lamb', is because of Licensing ?
More complex than that but yes, it has lead us down this new path but that means we have built something more exciting that we might not have considered before.