DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

The maximum stage length in DiRT Rally was actually around 9km. So you've got another 9km of road to play with in one hit. 
I guess they refer to Pikes Peak? 

18km is good enough.

The maximum stage length in DiRT Rally was actually around 9km. So you've got another 9km of road to play with in one hit. 
What about the 16.2km stages in finland though and pikes peak

TPJP said:
Some footage of DiRT 4 I found on YT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvWXaJYQkiM
Quite interesting stuff there.

Looks like they could release it next month its that far down the line!

Is sure there will not be more rally locations?

In this video (00:39")
https://youtu.be/NvWXaJYQkiM?t=39

you can check there s another location: MYSTERY...

So, my 'Blind Dailys' rant last week, might be a thing after all, just not in a way I had imagined!  Cool!

Do Kris & Petter actually feature in the game or were they just involved with the development?

fbetes said:
Is sure there will not be more rally locations?

you can check there s another location: MYSTERY...
That's probably just choosing a random location for you. 

Damn this thread moves so fast these days.

I just realized that I and a couple of other people have been gossiping about 'DiRT 4' for nearly 6 years now, and now it has finally been announced, and it looks to be all we have wished for, and more.

KevM said:
So, my 'Blind Dailys' rant last week, might be a thing after all, just not in a way I had imagined!  Cool!

Do Kris & Petter actually feature in the game or were they just involved with the development?
According to the article I posted right before the reveal, Petter Solberg talked about practicing his english for doing voiceovers. My bet is that Petter has taken over the role Ken block had in previous games. With being the game's official voice. I would assume Kirs will appear in some form too

KevM said:

According to the article I posted right before the reveal, Petter Solberg talked about practicing his english for doing voiceovers. My bet is that Petter has taken over the role Ken block had in previous games. With being the game's official voice. I would assume Kirs will appear in some form too
He'll be the poor sod blocking the stage with a wheel off...  :(

After reading everything Paul has been saying, as well as the people who have had a crack at the pre-alpha, I'm gonna have to be that guy and say that I'm just really fucking horny for this game.

Sorry, not sorry.

Good to have you back craicbear!  :D                

@KickUp

Any possibility for:

- Ingame Telemetry we can check to better fine tune the cars?

- G-Meter, Pedals, Wheel rotation, etc, on screen?

- Tyre choices?

and the question no one asked yet... How about the FFB? Any big improvements, particularly on Tarmac?

Wheres the bloody preorder button?!! Looking forward to the randomly generated stages for dailies. I dont get alot of time to play and memorize every stage, so feel like this will even things up a bit

KickUp said:
 We simply are not allowed to represent the actual iconic stages that we did for reasons beyond our control. 

Goddamn italian pseudio-studio and WRC promoter gmbu0lsh1t. GHRRR
The competition for them was just too hard so they've got the lawyers to take care of sh1t. That's how $$$ spins. 

versedi said:
KickUp said:
 We simply are not allowed to represent the actual iconic stages that we did for reasons beyond our control. 

Goddamn italian pseudio-studio and WRC promoter gmbu0lsh1t. GHRRR
The competition for them was just too hard so they've got the lawyers to take care of ****. That's how $$$ spins. 
This.... how are they able to restrict public roadways? 
Call them something different, who cares the name.

Is that a sand soft bank inside that 4 left in that very moment? :>  @urgaffel It is certainly the effect you've been talking about around 250 pages back, lol :D

7:07 cause that thing doesn't work

https://youtu.be/NvWXaJYQkiM?t=427

Quiick question:

Those hinkelfences on the side of the road in the gameplay video look like an attempt at visible invisible walls. Are those just in place for the pre alpha for some reason, or will we be able to careen into the countryside and into tree canopies in the full version?

Speaking of boundaries, now that the stages don't need to be based on real ones, it could be easier to avoid annoying insta-reset zones and cheaty corner cutting. Plus, with random stages there won't be "that one annoying reset zone" that you're always afraid of hitting every time you run the stage.

That was a good catch for the mystery location, though i'm tempted to say it's just a 'random choice' option as a few others have said.

I'm hoping pre-orders will open up tomorrow, i'll say that because of the handling model and extra finish this game has, that is *is* a pre order game for me.  I do trust Paul and i'm looking forward to hearing the new co-drivers, but i still want Paul's voice as an option ;)  It's not just the voice, it's the experience that comes from having to do it for real.

I said I was dissapointed at first but the more I read and hear about D4, the more excited I get.
One big question though:

Did group A from DR survive?

I guess it did since the Lancer Evo VI is a group A car? Please tell me we still have the 555? Maybe even the real works model?