F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

@KickUp   My initial reaction when I read the news, like many others, was gut wrenching disappointment but the more I have read 
 up on it, the more more I like it, sounds wicked. Can you confirm that the iconic works Group 4 Mk2 RS1800 now has its rightful place in D4 ?

I understand Sweet Lamb has gone, shame, I will miss that. 

Azoresst said:
Found more gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BtOwGhLIXc                                 

Solberg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQbwTjcmvio                  
These vids look good! The Subaru seems to understeer like crazy though. Not much sideways action going on there :P

Azoresst said:
Found more gameplay:
Holy smokes, we finally have accurate digidashes on modern cars! That's one of the features I've wanted the most because I always use the cockpit view. FINALLY the orange Motec clone is gone that has haunted me in my dreams since the release of DiRT 1.

Azoresst said:
phil94ma said:
Azoresst said:
@tbtstt Do you have any idea how many R5 cars are already licensed? @RallyDriven mentioned 4 or 5 cars on that class but didn't quite remember how many they were and which were licensed.
@Rallycameraman mentioned on racedepartment a 208 r5, so i think the other r5 car from PSA will be in the game, too! 
Hum I don't think that we will get the Citroen DS3 R5, I remember that one of the reasons that we didn't get the DS3 WRC on DR it was because the car was attached with the DS brand and not with Citroen (for licensing purposes) and I believe it's the same deal with the R5. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me! :smile:
@Azoresst Honestly, if they already have the Peugeot 208, then the DS3 won't be missed. Did you know that they are technically the same car, just with different body shells on top? It got to the point where Peugeot would test setups for rallies using a DS3 when a 208 was not available. They also sound similar too.

Azoresst said:
Found more gameplay:

Solberg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQbwTjcmvio                  
I was watching him do this, he was smiling the whole time! He looked like he was having such a great time especially trying to put Kris Meeke off his run :D

bogani said:
Btw, did any of you testers get to try any tarmac stage?
No not yet, the only stages we tried were Australia and Michigan in which the latter was very much a work in progress. I did try the RX which had tarmac sections and it is VASTLY improved over DR which I imagine will carry over

I tried the Tarmac last November.

Had a run through Spain in the Evo. Tarmac handling was vastly improved, and I believe has been further refined since then.

The RX handling now is a thing of beauty!

bogani said:
No not yet, the only stages we tried were Australia and Michigan in which the latter was very much a work in progress. I did try the RX which had tarmac sections and it is VASTLY improved over DR which I imagine will carry over
With Kris and Petter onboard they really have the best possible people to give accurate feedback on how the cars should behave!

If they were to add real stages in Dirt 4 I bet the game would be nowhere near a June release.

bogani said:

Is Michigan full gravel then? In D3 it had a mix of Gravel/Tarmac,

wfwr26 said:
found this from a couple of noobs.  But shows more gameplay.           https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1R5erH4Rew
Woah, at 5:47 you can clearly see another car retired :O

Another question to testers: was the crowd being improved? Do they react at all/standing still like before?
And I can see marshals models are improved a lot.

Another question to testers: was the crowd being improved? Do they react at all/standing still like before?
Have to admit, didn't really pay much attention to that lol, focused on not crashing (didn't always work)

Evilsmurf said:

I tried the Tarmac last November.

Had a run through Spain in the Evo. Tarmac handling was vastly improved, and I believe has been further refined since then.

The RX handling now is a thing of beauty!

Cheeky sod ;)

Paul said that the models for characters were imported from the last F1 engine:

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/825050521887203328

I saw in the video that when there was a broken down car there are spectators telling you to slow down. 

Lynx2000 said:
I saw in the video that when there was a broken down car there are spectators telling you to slow down. 
Well, it's just getting better and better :) What about track deformation/dynamic surface presets?

At the beginning of this video (0:05) it seems like some sort of surface deformation. Or it's just a texture work which doesn't affect handling?

Do you still targeting 60fps for all consoles (standard PS4/XOne) ? 

bogani 
With Kris and Petter onboard they really have the best possible people to give accurate feedback on how the cars should behave!
I'm not getting my head round how the handling looks yet.  

The change of direction seems too positive & crisp, especially on the gravel.  At speed, a rally car needs big inputs for tiny changes in direction.  To carry speed on gravel requires big slides through corners & big set ups.  Meeke knows that!! :)

Hope there's still wild life crossing the stages, like in DiRT Rally.

In those videos, Australian fences look like walls, when crashing against them. Hopefully, it's because it's still an Early build and it will get "fixed" for final product. We don't need concrete bushes and sign posts, like in DR :p

If you guys decide to inclued tyre choices, can we have tyre pressures, as well, @KickUp, or i'm asking for too much? :p

@KickUp

Just a peace of information. I saw a video of the Fiesta going on stage, and the dash still shows the road display. In stage mod the Display it's just a circle with the gear in it and the lights. I don't care about that, but 'cause some people go nuts over little details, i'm just saying this ;)

@KickUp

Just a peace of information. I saw a video of the Fiesta going on stage, and the dash still shows the road display. In stage mod the Display it's just a circle with the gear in it and the lights. I don't care about that, but 'cause some people go nuts over little details, i'm just saying this ;)
By road display, do you mean information about the stage or a minimap?

(p.s. don't judge this question if it's undeniably stupid)