DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

@JorritVD, actually, the Evo VI its a Gr. A car. In theory it should be against WRC Cars because it raced in seasons 98,99 and 00 but it's a Gr. A nonetheless

@KickUp

Do you in PVP/league rally also have that timer with your position that's updating constantly or are there only midsections/overall leaderboards? Does it depends on the casual/sim mode? Is it possible to disable it in leagues/PVP and enable only an overall leaderboard after a stage finish?

P.S. I'm talking about that thing in right top corner with your time and position, just in case I am misread (the coffee's just started to wake me up). 

urgaffel said:
JorritVD impressive breakdown! But there still more to see :D
I believe so, but when are we getting more gameplay? :tongue:

@JorritVD, actually, the Evo VI its a Gr. A car. In theory it should be against WRC Cars because it raced in seasons 98,99 and 00 but it's a Gr. A nonetheless
Mitsubishi used the Group A Evo until midway through the 2001 season @TheFlyingTuga. The Lancer WRC didn't debut until late in the year. 

@tbtstt, yup. I do believe that the first outing of the Lancer WRC was in Corsica 01. But until then they've been using the Evo 6,5 from the Middle of the 2000 Championship and that it was visualizy a bit different from the one we're getting

@tbtstt, yup. I do believe that the first outing of the Lancer WRC was in Corsica 01. But until then they've been using the Evo 6,5 from the Middle of the 2000 Championship and that it was visualizy a bit different from the one we're getting
Yeah. I would personally rather see the Evo VI left in the Group A class in D4. Great that CM have got one of the missing icons of the Group A period in the game though!

Azoresst said:
urgaffel said:
JorritVD impressive breakdown! But there still more to see :D
I believe so, but when are we getting more gameplay? :tongue:
Thanks for the kind words @urgaffel 
Good there is more to see :tongue: can't wait to see it.
tbtstt said:
Mitsubishi used the Group A Evo until midway through the 2001 season @TheFlyingTuga. The Lancer WRC didn't debut until late in the year. 
Maybe i wrote it a bit wrong. Indeed it is a group A car. But it also competed at the WRC early 00s. As Codemasters don't use the word 'WRC' but 2000s, it can be also put there. So instead of the 2001 Impreza and Focus, you can also compete with the Evo VI against them, a nice three way battle as it was in history (Burns, McRae, Makkinen)

I'm thrilled for the classic Mitsu, but can someone explain what the hell is up with Toyota and why they seem so impossible? 

zoliRX said:
I'm thrilled for the classic Mitsu, but can someone explain what the hell is up with Toyota and why they seem so impossible? 

Don't they have enough from selling all those Camrys'?

:smirk:

tbtstt said:
Yeah. I would personally rather see the Evo VI left in the Group A class in D4. Great that CM have got one of the missing icons of the Group A period in the game though!
I would rather have the Evo IV pitted against the 95 Impreza and the rest of the group A's.

And the GC8 Impreza against the Evo VI ;)

I love that D4 will support multi class rallies. Another thing we wished for during EA :)

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
I would rather have the Evo IV pitted against the 95 Impreza and the rest of the group A's.

I love that D4 will support multi class rallies. Another thing we wished for during EA :)
For me the perfect combination would be an Evo III in the Group A class and then an "early WRC" class with the Evo 6.5 and the S5 Impreza WRCar...

...realistically I wouldn't expect CM to commit resources to developing another Evo (and Impreza) just a couple of years away from those already in game. I'm just glad that an early Evo is in there now, fingers crossed that the reception for the game will be so positive the ranks of cars may swell further down the line!

I just hope they get one or two more cars into the WRC class. The Cordoba, the 307 and other versions of the Impreza would be my recommendations. Should be old enough WRCs.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot, if they get Skoda on board there's always the Octavia and Fabia WRC.

tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:

For me the perfect combination would be an Evo III in the Group A class and then an "early WRC" class with the Evo 6.5 and the S5 Impreza WRCar...

...realistically I wouldn't expect CM to commit resources to developing another Evo (and Impreza) just a couple of years away from those already in game. I'm just glad that an early Evo is in there now, fingers crossed that the reception for the game will be so positive the ranks of cars may swell further down the line!
It would be a very nice nod to the original CMR to have the early Impreza WRC though. And many many people love that car. Such an iconic machine that captured so many people :)

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:

It would be a very nice nod to the original CMR to have the early Impreza WRC though. And many many people love that car. Such an iconic machine that captured so many people :)
I certainly won't disagree with you there! :smiley: I would actually argue that the S4/S5 Impreza WRCar is the most iconic rally car of the modern era. It also directly influenced the 22B, which is still regarded by many as the best looking production car to sport the Impreza badge.

As much as I love the car though, I recognize that there are probably other priorities for the team. One of the most interesting snippets of info we told at CM last year* were the approximate times required to develop new cars. I knew it was an involved process, but I was staggered how many man hours go into each individual car. 

* Well I thought it was interesting! 

tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:

I certainly won't disagree with you there! :smiley: I would actually argue that the S4/S5 Impreza WRCar is the most iconic rally car of the modern era. It also directly influenced the 22B, which is still regarded by many as the best looking production car to sport the Impreza badge.

As much as I love the car though, I recognize that there are probably other priorities for the team. One of the most interesting snippets of info we told at CM last year* were the approximate times required to develop new cars. I knew it was an involved process, but I was staggered how many man hours go into each individual car. 

If we take in consideration that a good modeller takes about 3 to 5 onths t complete a goodcar to RBR that is much more simpler... yeah.. we can only imagine. But even so, just 50 models to D4 is... kind of little. If I remembered correctly there's 44 different models in DR, so, even if we loose 4 PPIHC cars, we will have landrush to take in account and at least 4 new models. I'll try to elaborate on that making a car list later if I have the time.

@KickUp

How the Garage will work? It will be 3D where we can appreciate every litle detail of cars? Will we have a photo-mode?

tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:

If we take in consideration that a good modeller takes about 3 to 5 onths t complete a goodcar to RBR that is much more simpler... yeah.. we can only imagine. But even so, just 50 models to D4 is... kind of little. If I remembered correctly there's 44 different models in DR, so, even if we loose 4 PPIHC cars, we will have landrush to take in account and at least 4 new models. I'll try to elaborate on that making a car list later if I have the time.
It's not just the modelling, it's the handling, the audio and so on for each car that takes time.

urgaffel said:
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:

It's not just the modelling, it's the handling, the audio and so on for each car that takes time.
All the more reason they should've pushed to keep the existing stages and cars... especially since it seems like it's built on the same engine, just remodeled physics.

Because i am such a dick, i started pondering just how many corners there will be modeled for each country for "Your Stage" to generate from and whether i'll just memorize them all by accident in some weird way someday. :D

Snaky115 said:
Because i am such a ****, i started pondering just how many corners there will be modeled for each country for "Your Stage" to generate from and whether i'll just memorize them all by accident in some weird way someday. :D
Same... people that have hundreds to thousands of hours into the game will notice, I'm sure people that play less won't. I don't really care, some rallies are on familiar stages, some are new every time, if we only focus on the top tiers of rally, people get a false sense of the true nature of rally. 

Not everyone who rallies has a 500k car... most don't actually, and there are bigger competitor numbers in the smaller and historic rallies.

Quick question: do some of those 'quick fixes' in the service area mentioned some pages ago include duct tape which would later be visible? Do RX cars have increased bandages as they progress through the event? Somehow doubt it, but it would be cool if this could happen.