DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/556847548674347008

Is @justbiglee setting up the DiRT 4 website or am I reading too much into this?

Is @justbiglee setting up the DiRT 4 website or am I reading too much into this?
They already have website ;)

I have bought DiRT 3 boxed version with GFWL... I know where the key is, but justbiglee said that GFWL users will get a steam key for Complete Edition ;)
No you won't get a steam key, you'll just be able to redeem the GFWL one you do have on Steam.

Oh and one more question for @justbiglee‌, will the Steam version have all the same content add the original release? I know when GTR2 hit Steam they had to remove Ferrari and Porsche.
as far as I know yes, the only thing I'm aware of that we had to take out was a box that was mounted to the dash of the Renault Alpine

lol no it was my mum's website.

The DiRT website is being built by much more talented people on our web team and it is a thing of beauty.

@justbiglee‌ When will you reveal the new DiRT logo? I'm weirdly exited by logos.

TDDB said:
@justbiglee‌ When will you reveal the new DiRT logo? I'm weirdly exited by logos.
really? ummmm here is a preview of the work in progress

DiRT

:P

TDDB said:
really? ummmm here is a preview of the work in progress

DiRT

:P
[tut] you could have given a *spoiler alert* before posting that.  Still at least there's the '4' to look forward to (DOH!)

Oh and one more question for @justbiglee‌, will the Steam version have all the same content add the original release? I know when GTR2 hit Steam they had to remove Ferrari and Porsche.
as far as I know yes, the only thing I'm aware of that we had to take out was a box that was mounted to the dash of the Renault Alpine
Can't see any boxes on the dash? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSAnZz40wWw

Can't see any boxes on the dash? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSAnZz40wWw
I think its that thing on the far right, infront of where the co-driver sits

Oh well if that's all of it, I can live with it ;)

@justbiglee regarding DiRT 3, you mentioned trading cards would be implemented, but you didn't mention Steam achievements in the update. You did mention those when you first talked about the Steamworks transfer, so just be sure, will they be included as well?

Perhaps not a DiRTy gossip, but still a rally related gossip!

This is the Citroend DS3 WRC rallycar for S Chardonnet for the Montecarlo WRC Rally 2015

What I noticed is that the producer from the WRC games ( bigben) is a big sponsor of this rally car!

As u can see on the photo's:

Have to admit the livery is awesome! 

But what i do wonder is if Bigben can sponsor a rallycar ( approximately 60.000 euro (46.000 British pounds) for the rent of a WRC for 1 rally ( excluding tires fuel and damaged parts)
Would the WRC game sell that good in that case, they use this as promotion?

lol time for DiRT4 to sponsor a rally car in WRC, to see who's best out there?!

and @justbiglee‌, thanks for that, I assume it's a piece of non-original kit for the Alpine anyway? Is that the only removal? Just wondering whether (when I get around to installing Dirt3 again) I should wait for Steam or faff about getting the original up and running...

lol time for DiRT4 to sponsor a rally car in WRC, to see who's best out there?!

and @justbiglee‌, thanks for that, I assume it's a piece of non-original kit for the Alpine anyway? Is that the only removal? Just wondering whether (when I get around to installing Dirt3 again) I should wait for Steam or faff about getting the original up and running...
This depends on whether you've already got it on Steam. If you have you could download it already and it will update the changed files when the update is released. Models and textures are unlikely to change and those are a huge part of the resources that need to be downloaded.
But if you only own the game on DVD Steam won't recognize the files and will download the game all over again anyways.

But I'm ofcourse not entirely sure about this.

I hope that while they where/are at it they fix the extradata crash if you have external gauges or a motion sim, I had to buy an old old old copy of DiRT3 and never allow it to update to 1.3 so I don't crash.

dang, I just purchased my 2nd copy for a 2nd machine last week and hadn't noticed/been up to date w/all of this DLC and stuff. :'( 
now I have 1 PC where it works and other where it doesnt.

My last prediction for an announcement was January 28th - it was based on Lee's tweet from some time ago...

What if it is a part of a clever plan to announce Early Access release for the next DiRT game AND Steamworks release of DiRT3...?   Is it a good tactic? I guess it could be, as people would jump on DiRT3 and its brilliant Monte Carlo DLC to warm up ahead of the Early Access... Or maybe again it is my wishful thinking :(

The WRC 5 devs are hinting some kind of an announcement the 22nd of January:

https://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/New-WRC-game-announcement-hinted-for-this-week

Benniz said:

https://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/New-WRC-game-announcement-hinted-for-this-week

It would be so great to hear some sort of Date from Codies, not really a release date, but more of "we are going to make announcement about the game" with a screenshot or video on 1/28.  Maybe Kylotonn are trying to trump a DiRT4 announcement, if so could Codies announce sooner and one up them?  Montie Carlo is a big event, so maybe just just because...

JackKey said:
I wonder if you can add some kind of "any car on any track" to singleplayer and multiplayer to Dirt3 like in Dirt2? Would great in Multiplayer with a friend to drive a Trailblazer-Car in Monte Carlo.
There is a mod for that. Don't remember, what it was called or where I got it, just remember driving a Gymkhana EVO through the Michigan rally stage :D (not very effective, BTW :D)

Didzis said:
JackKey said:
I wonder if you can add some kind of "any car on any track" to singleplayer and multiplayer to Dirt3 like in Dirt2? Would great in Multiplayer with a friend to drive a Trailblazer-Car in Monte Carlo.
There is a mod for that. Don't remember, what it was called or where I got it, just remember driving a Gymkhana EVO through the Michigan rally stage :D (not very effective, BTW :D)
@JackKey @Didzis , That's the ACAT mod V4, which allows Any Car (on) Any Track, and also adds some weather effects. Not sure if it applies to multiplayer, but I do remember seeing someone trailblazer racing in Monte Carlo and I think the vid said it was online. Can't remember exactly.

Works fine offline, though. It should come up if you google it.

EDIT: download link and video showing how to apply it to multiplayer:

http://games.reveur.de/en/colin-mcrae-dirt-3/addons/fans/misc/single/205/Any-car-on-any-track-v4-0-8.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc-zqXDiP3M

Benniz said:

Quite liked WRC4. It didn't have the excitement of Dirt but still wasn't bad while I was waiting for the next one (hint CM).

Bits where it failed for me were the lack of other cars like Group B, the fact that many tracks were repeats of WRC3 and the lifelessness of the steering. In Dirt when you go over a jump you really feel like you have gone over a jump whereas in WRC4 its all a bit soggy. The twisty turny tracks were good though and I felt they had made a slow but steady improvement over WRC3. So I was disappointed to here the developer was changing. A gamble I suppose - on the one hand it will almost certainly be different to 4. On the other it could be a lot worse as well as a lot better. We shall see.

Fortunately milestone seem to be producing another rally game instead. I think enhanced WRC4 type graphics, an improved handling model and some vintage cars would work out well for me - although it will probably have to move to PS4 to be a big seller.

Can't quite figure out what Bigben are doing with that sponsorship. They need a WRC the game logo on the car (like the Dirt logo), not the bigben logo. People are looking at that and probably thinking, who are bigben rather than oh, there's a rally game available lets go out and buy it - this is what they would think if there was a WRC the game logo instead.

dirt3joe said:

Can't quite figure out what Bigben are doing with that sponsorship. They need a WRC the game logo on the car (like the Dirt logo), not the bigben logo. People are looking at that and probably thinking, who are bigben rather than oh, there's a rally game available lets go out and buy it - this is what they would think if there was a WRC the game logo instead.
Fully agreed. Milestone aren't exactly well known, but they have produced a few games now, so they might get recognised if they advertised. Seems pointless Bigben advertising when hardly anyone knows who they are!