DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

bogani said:
Areyouben said:
Ooh another question popped into my mind just now. Will it be possible to spectate live during online rally's and rallycross? You see live broadcasts with championship races in rFactor 2 and iRacing, but it wasn't really possible to do any live coverage in DiRT Rally. I did a short DiRT Rally championship with a league that usually does rFactor 2 with live coverage, and they covered a single round using replay footage. It's in Dutch, but it shows how cool this could be for leagues if it was possible to do live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyLLaax2upc
Also wonders if there will be replays in RX multiplayer but not too optimistic as they didn't switch engine.

Spectating live heats would also be awesome :)
We've got a bunch of new features that should help with Broadcasting live events. More spectator slots and broadcast mode to name a few. More details in the coming months.

EDDSkitz said:
@KickUp wondering if Nvidias SMP technology will be able to be used in the game? 

Allows us to run triple screen with proper viewpoints, but apparently needs to be implemented by the developer.
Unknown at this stage.

KickUp said:
Is there currently any more info on if the any-car-any-track idea is going to implemented in any form? You said there wouldn't be trophy trucks on rally stages but is anything else going to cross over? I would assume with the RX track licences that they probably wont?
Its unlikely - as there are so many individual nuances and restrictions we can't offer the blanket any car any track that I guess people want
I had a feeling this was the case, I guess thats the issue with using real locations rather than fictional. Thanks!

R4MO78 said:
@KickUp 
you could enter the possibility to filter the charts according to the car used?
Insert the split-time and the ability to export files in csv or similar charts?
It would be really convenient for those who organize the leagues
Excuse me for English
@KickUp Nothing? :(

is free cam in ?                                                                                                                         

R4MO78 said:
R4MO78 said:
@KickUp 
Excuse me for English

We will be looking after our own leaderboards now so we will be able to police them better than we could when using First Party Leaderboards. I'll speak to the guys about whether we can support what you are asking for but I can't make any promises.

@KickUp

Will we be able to take any car for a spin round the Dirtfish Rally School?

I think I took the Fiesta RX round there back in November, but just wondering if that was meant to happen or not?

@KickUp

I think I took the Fiesta RX round there back in November, but just wondering if that was meant to happen or not?
I don't think it will be any car but it will be as many as we can as it is seperate from the career.

KickUp said:
@KickUp

I don't think it will be any car but it will be as many as we can as it is seperate from the career.
Ok cool, it's the ideal place to have a really good test of the car and how it handles

KickUp said:
chukonu said:
Either it was tactfully dodged or you just happened to miss it @KickUp
In case it's the latter, will there be more or will there be less than 7 Group B rallycars (there were seven of them in DR) in D4?
There will still be seven Group B rally cars in DiRT 4 but one will be getting a makeover.

We also have Group B Rallycross cars

@KickUp. Sorry but I cant help myself, this will be my last post on this topic in this thread, I swear ! Your reply to chukonu above gives me an idea for a compromise that might work to keep all parties concerned happy. Give the current Mk2 a makeover !  I'm not a graphic designer but can't imagine it would be a lot of work ? If you can make it look and sound like a works Group 4 Mk2, I will be quite happy, I can live with the IRS and other stuff that's hidden out of sight. All that needs to be done to tidy up the current car is .............

1/ Remove the hideous roof scoop.
2/ Fit forest mudflaps front & rear.
3/ Correct size 13 inch wheels.
4/ Four Cibie Oscars or Carello's on the front.
5/ Coms aerial mid roof.
6/ Replace plastic door widows with glass.
7/ Correct dashboard interior.
8/ Door mirrors both sides.
9/ A narrower windscreen sunstrip.
10/ Correct shape wheel arches.
11/ Most importantly, a nice sound pack of the BDA / BDG on Webbers. It was revealed some time ago on here that the current Mk2 sound
is from a 60's Datsun roadster !!??

If it looks right and sounds right, its good enough for me. I am confident that members that like the car in its current form will love it.

It's only right and proper that this iconic and much loved machine is properly represented in D4.

Tell me what your favorite biscuits are and I will place a bulk order for the whole car dev team .....  ;)

If you get it looking like this, it's job done !

KickUp said:
R4MO78 said:
R4MO78 said:
@KickUp 
Excuse me for English

We will be looking after our own leaderboards now so we will be able to police them better than we could when using First Party Leaderboards. I'll speak to the guys about whether we can support what you are asking for but I can't make any promises.
Thanks
@KickUp .. I wonder only to insert the possibility of separating the ranking of alloys, according to the car used

KickUp said:
@KickUp

Ok cool, it's the ideal place to have a really good test of the car and how it handles
Is it just the open yard/sheds @Rallycameraman or did it have some of the gravel route down into the forest?

Steam's "private profile" setting doesn't seem to be that private: 

I guess @KickUp was playing DiRT 4 after all when the game wasn't showing.

KevM said:
KickUp said:
@KickUp

Is it just the open yard/sheds @Rallycameraman or did it have some of the gravel route down into the forest?
It was just the yard/sheds but I don't know if the whole level was finished or not.

KickUp said:

S1600, Crosskarts, RX2 (RX Lites), Supercars and Group B are all classes in Rallycross.
That's quite a nice variaty. A good difference to make a well career mode for RX. 
So I guess no MINI class anymore?

Dirtfish area seems nice on Google Maps for testing:
https://www.google.nl/maps/place/DirtFish+Rally+School/@47.5403885,-121.8179916,1070m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x54907960d2864929:0xca46faae778192fd!8m2!3d47.537936!4d-121.8115237

Some nice clips which give a good impression. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX5SLzesuSw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxuVtL1g-aQ

KickUp said:
@KickUp

I think RCM is dodging the real question, but I'm always looking to jump in and help other folk out. Will he be able to drive his 106 round the Dirtfish Rally School?

Busterbvi said:
KickUp said:
chukonu said:
In case it's the latter, will there be more or will there be less than 7 Group B rallycars (there were seven of them in DR) in D4?
There will still be seven Group B rally cars in DiRT 4 but one will be getting a makeover.

@KickUp. Sorry but I cant help myself, this will be my last post on this topic in this thread, I swear ! Your reply to chukonu above gives me an idea for a compromise that might work to keep all parties concerned happy. Give the current Mk2 a makeover !  I'm not a graphic designer but can't imagine it would be a lot of work ? If you can make it look and sound like a works Group 4 Mk2, I will be quite happy, I can live with the IRS and other stuff that's hidden out of sight. All that needs to be done to tidy up the current car is .............

5/ Coms aerial mid roof.
11/ Most importantly, a nice sound pack of the BDA / BDG on Webbers. It was revealed some time ago on here that the current Mk2 sound

If it looks right and sounds right, its good enough for me. I am confident that members that like the car in its current form will love it.

It's only right and proper that this iconic and much loved machine is properly represented in D4.

Tell me what your favorite biscuits are and I will place a bulk order for the whole car dev team .....  ;)

Kind of like the model I've edited for my renders from the model we have in DiRT Rally? :D

JorritVD said:
Dirtfish area seems nice on Google Maps for testing:
https://www.google.nl/maps/place/DirtFish+Rally+School/@47.5403885,-121.8179916,1070m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x54907960d2864929:0xca46faae778192fd!8m2!3d47.537936!4d-121.8115237

Some nice clips which give a good impression. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX5SLzesuSw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxuVtL1g-aQ
Its all about the big slides!!

@KickUp would increasing/multiplying just the overall horizontal g-force values not spice the handling up a bit in a desirable way?  Shouldn't affect the current weight or aero values at all, but you could overcome the max tyre corner grip a lot more with power/ braking inputs.  Driving Balance and weight shift would be more important and simulation of the tyres x/y grip limits would be more life-like?  

In the replay videos, buggy or Rally, the players/drivers can stomp on the brakes into a hairpin while turning in & it all just happens.  
If the horizontal g force was larger, turn in would be virtually non-existent until braking/g is decreased, which would then settle the weight & let the car turn in.  Corner g force would then start to increase marginally as the car leans & jumping on the power would cause increasing corner g while tyre grip would be maxed accelerating the car forward, & big awd power slide/under/oversteer (driven wheels dependent) in the direction of the g force as lateral tyre grip would be overcome

@urgaffel you're not 'just the vfx guy' to us! 
https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/5r13dr/redbull_games_handson_article_further_expands_on/dd3txrq/

But a mini ama on /r/simracing or /r/dirtgame would be a great way to let the people that aren't on the forums know about DiRT 4 still being a sim game.

Jepsertti said:
Busterbvi said:
KickUp said:
chukonu said:

5/ Coms aerial mid roof.

Kind of like the model I've edited for my renders from the model we have in DiRT Rally? :D

Have you posted that skin anywhere we can use in DiRT Rally?