DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

KickUp said:
thePanic said:
Hello thanks for all the answers, I have a question regarding online multiplayer.
Will we be racing sumultaniously waiting for the others to start, and if so will the track surface get influenced by the cars upfront? And what form of competition does the ladder involve?

It will be simultaneous but we won't have staggered starts.

Simulating surface degradation and running order is on my wishlist but I don't think it is achievable for DiRT 4
Sounds like the next DiRT (5) is shaping up to be a great game.  
 :P

(Paul probably has a Voodoo doll of me with many needles in it).  

Bluestig said:
Does the ego4 engine support terrain deformation? Also is dirt 4 using ego2.5?
No there probably won't be terrain deformation in dirt 4. And the ego engine hasn't really followed any number system, I think it's just always being added to and updated constantly. This will be a newer version of what was in dirt rally

Kinda Off-Topic

SimBin gonna launch GTR3 next year, and SimBin CEO praising Codies for F1 2016 ( i guess he means the last one ) handling... and they didn't see D4 yet :p  

Codies setting the benchmark :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-3-by-simbin-coming-in-2018.131230/

Alf72 said:

Kinda Off-Topic

SimBin gonna launch GTR3 next year, and SimBin CEO praising Codies for F1 2016 ( i guess he means the last one ) handling... and they didn't see D4 yet :p  

Codies setting the benchmark :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-3-by-simbin-coming-in-2018.131230/

Oooh, something to look forward to, of course assuming it doesn't end up being like iRacing, rFactor or R3E and actually publishes a complete product for regular full price.

Sounds excellent; big fan of Raceroom and a more complete version of that game with a better graphics engine has a tonne of potential. Best AI and sounds out there and no complaints about their handling model from me.

Back on topic...

I know it's already been stated here somewhere probably, but I hadn't noticed before that the Steam page explicitly states the inclusion of the 'Audi Sport quattro S1 E2'

Wait S1E2? Isn't it just E2? What's next? they're going to reveal the 22B?

or maybe it's a little inside joke? 

Now I'm waiting for a kebabpizza refrence.

dwkGravey said:
chukonu said:
Can we pretty please have the footage you guys sent to the press (Ford with DiRT 4 livery,  crosscars, Mitsubishi rain, Peugeot 205, Subaru). The "press" people or youtubers talk over it and the video quality suffers a lot too.
I really wanna hear the sounds.
Gamereactor has the videos with no one talking over them.
Thanks a lot for this link. EVO 6 video without any voice over was really great to listen to.
>Still not a final sound mix

Final sound mix reaction for DiRT 4:

@soundfx make it happen :smile:

Areyouben said:
Are there even any unanswered questions left? Paul has been killin em with the answers.  :D
Yeah, but I didn't saw an answer about hillclimb discipline possibility :p

I refuse to believe that this was anything but intentional.

Sounds excellent; big fan of Raceroom and a more complete version of that game with a better graphics engine has a tonne of potential. Best AI and sounds out there and no complaints about their handling model from me.
Yep. Maybe soon sim games will stop looking like a dogs breakfast.
Back on topic...
Get out of here with that foolishness.

KickUp said:
789ifyz said:
Alf72 said:

@KickUp

- There will be any " unique Pace Notes"? Like ex: Co-Driver yelling at us when we crash, or congratulating us when we beat a Stage Time... That kind of stuff. If yes, please make sure they will only play once in awhile, or they won't be "unique" anymore.

If such comments exist, I would like to reiterate my point of the pace-notes taking priority over reaction - there's no point in the co-driver being more 'alive' and 'present' if it means he skips pacenotes.

And while we're still on this topic, I +10,000 that earlier comment about having Samir's codriver as an option.
It's bound to happen at some point, now that I've plus-over-9,000'd it...
They will never take priority. 

Samir's co driver is not going to happen. The original video was edited with malicious intent from a 40 minute video that Samir had originally posted. His Co Driver, Vivek Ponnusamy lost a major contract as a result of the video and I believe they sued the YouTuber who edited the video.

The likelyhood of him being willing to come in and record something that has damaged his career is slim to none. If we were to get an actor in to 'simulate' it we would open ourselves up to a lawsuit.
In the light of facts unknown to me before I take my comment back and pledge to buy DiRT4 regardless. 

Areyouben said:
Are there even any unanswered questions left? Paul has been killin em with the answers.  :D
Yeah, but I didn't saw an answer about hillclimb discipline possibility :p
Sorry, we are focusing on Rally, Rallycross and Landrush in DiRT 4. Pikes Peak made the most sense for us as it had a dirt surface. With that gone hillclimb loses some of its relevance to the DiRT franchise. 

KickUp said:
bogani said:
Done any changes to the replay system? @KickUp

Yep  :p
That warms my cold heart. I guess you might have gotten a hint during EA what people wanted? ;)

bogani said:
KickUp said:
bogani said:

That warms my cold heart. I guess you might have gotten a hint during EA what people wanted? ;)
I dont know, I specifically wanted a Dirt game set on the moon and was let down :'(

bogani said:
KickUp said:
bogani said:

I dont know, I specifically wanted a Dirt game set on the moon and was let down :'(
But you always have Finland ;) ;)

I hope exportble replays goes into those improvements. That would make league racing so much more fun, because then we could make proper recap videoes.

bogani said:
bogani said:
KickUp said:
bogani said:

Finland + Quattro = Instant astronaut

bogani said:
bogani said:
KickUp said:
bogani said:

Finland + Quattro = Instant astronaut
Houston, we have a problem.

Back on topic...

I know it's already been stated here somewhere probably, but I hadn't noticed before that the Steam page explicitly states the inclusion of the 'Audi Sport quattro S1 E2'

I was pondering this last night: I joked about the "S1 E2" error when the initial press release came out, but it didn't occur to me that, if hillclimb isn't returning, that must mean the E2 will be the Audi in the Group B class? Perhaps @KickUp can confirm if that's correct?

Going to miss the S1 if that's the case (I personally think it's a better looking car), but everyone does love the E2 aero...

tbtstt said:
Back on topic...

I was pondering this last night: I joked about the "S1 E2" error when the initial press release came out, but it didn't occur to me that, if hillclimb isn't returning, that must mean the E2 will be the Audi in the Group B class? Perhaps @KickUp can confirm if that's correct?

Going to miss the S1 if that's the case (I personally think it's a better looking car), but everyone does love the E2 aero...

One of the Group B cars was said to be getting an "overhaul".

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
Back on topic...

One of the Group B cars was said to be getting an "overhaul".
Ah, I missed that! In which case we could have our answer!