DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

urgaffel said:
No night rallying in Australia, only sunset and early morning?
Why on earth would we limit ourselves to sunset and early morning? ;)
@urgaffel I'm just saying from the settings on the DiRT Show. There's several times of day but I didn't spot night.
We're not showing everything just yet...

urgaffel said:
urgaffel said:
@urgaffel I'm just saying from the settings on the DiRT Show. There's several times of day but I didn't spot night.
@urgaffel I see. Was that Australia at night in the announcement trailer then :)? I know I saw Wales at night, but the first corners the Fiesta is taking doesn't look UK to me due to the vegetation and road shape.

789ifyz said:
Hurrah! A new DiRT Show! If I existed, I'd be so excited right now. In fact, I'd probably have watched it already and gotten even more hyped again.
I'm so confused right now...

Dirt show looked great guys! Petter and Kris seemed really excited about it too!

urgaffel said:
urgaffel said:
@urgaffel I see. Was that Australia at night in the announcement trailer then :)? I know I saw Wales at night, but the first corners the Fiesta is taking doesn't look UK to me due to the vegetation and road shape.
  The announcement trailer final shot was Wales at night. The other shots I'm not 100% sure where they were from...

Oh. Nicky Grist is also recorded in dbox <3

Great show, everything on a high level - pictures, comments, montage. Good job!

edit:
So while we all wait for June, humblebundle has Project CARS in promo.
https://www.humblebundle.com/bandai-namco-bundle

urgaffel said:
urgaffel said:
urgaffel said:
  The announcement trailer final shot was Wales at night. The other shots I'm not 100% sure where they were from...
It was Oz at night!

bogani said:
I think turbos should be banned. All cars should be NA with webers/solex/mikunis instead.

The world would be a better place. For me. Not the climate.
You will have to pry the steering wheel of my Fiesta ST from my cold, dead hands, sir. :smiley:

versedi said:

edit:
So while we all wait for June, humblebundle has Project CARS in promo.
https://www.humblebundle.com/bandai-namco-bundle
It's also free on Xbox games with gold from February 16th! Looking forward to trying it out

JZStudios said:
EDDSkitz said:
Busterbvi said:
bogani said:
There is reverb present in Dirt Rally. It's most noticeable during cartain camera angles during replay. The best example while driving is through the tunnel in Monte.

I think most if not all cars we have seen are final when it comes to sound. Just mixing tweaks left.

Interesting, I have never noticed it and I have a good 5.1 surround system. If it is there, it needs to be well enhanced, in reality, in the right conditions, the reverb sound overwhelms everything, Hairs on neck stand up, awesome sound, quite a rush !

A good 5.1 system is only as good as its setup between amplifier and PC... also, DR wasn't the most surround optimized game. 

The sound is definitely there for me, running a DTS surround and optical to the decoder. 
Optical's you're problem.... maybe I'm wrong though, but optical can't handle uncompressed 5.1, so you're losing some definition there. I think DR works bloody brilliantly in 7.1~2ish. The gravel used to be much louder and really sounded like you were in the car, and you could hear the snap, crackle, pop of the exhaust behind you. The problem is (As is the case with most racing games) you're typically by yourself in DR, so the effects aren't quite as noticeable. When the i20 first released it seriously sounded like a pissed of panther behind me but I think they toned it down.
Optical passes DTS just fine, I assure you... get above 44.1 and that's where it cuts down, but 48khz never really caught on in the broadcast world.

versedi said:

Yup - so was Jen Horsey! We gave them both a proper throwing around. :)

Looks like me and @KickUp will be teaming up again on some events this year. Hopefully our first event will be early April :) 
Somerset stages? If so I'll hopefully see you both there!

Very, very proud to show you all our brand new DiRT Show episode! There's still Darren and Paul on a sofa (of course, would it even be a DiRT Show without it), but Kris Meeke and Petter Solberg also made the cut this time. :)

https://youtu.be/cREEx-6zX_s
Firstly, Great production guys!

Secondly, thats a well groomed beard @KickUp - top marks!

Thirdly, I think I picked up on an suggestion I had made for DiRT Rally, that will be implemented into D4 - I really hope it works in the two ways that I had envisioned  B)

I was following the Reddit AMA and one thing that I noticed is that Paul said the max stage length is 13km, but it was mentioned here (I think) by @Rallycameraman that there was a stage with 18km.

Can you talk about this again @Rallycameraman?

On March 2nd, DiRT Rally takes Linux to the edge

Challenge yourself to the most authentic rally game ever made with DiRT Rally, coming to Linux on March 2nd.

HOLLY MOLLY <3

I'm gonna buy a second copy just to show how I appreciate porting the game to Linux and that there's a target for all developers to do that with as much titles as possible.

Give me my few other fav games too and I'm gonna get rid of this stinking winpig of my lovely PC completely.

Azoresst said:
I was following the Reddit AMA and one thing that I noticed is that Paul said the max stage length is 13km, but it was mentioned here (I think) by @Rallycameraman that there was a stage with 18km.

I've heard 18km's from diff sources. If it's 13 I will be slightly disapointed :/

Paul confirmed the classes on reddit:

"I can't give specific car details but here are the car classes: MODERN RALLY R5 Up to 2000cc (4WD)
NR4/R4 Group A F2 Kit Car R2

HISTORIC RALLY Group B (4WD) Group B (RWD) H3 (RWD) H2 (RWD) H2 (FWD) H1 (FWD)

RALLYCROSS RX Supercars
RX Lites Group B (Rallycross) RX Super 1600 Crosskart

LANDRUSH Stadium Truck (4WD) Stadium Truck (RWD) Stadium Buggy"

And he said over 50 cars. Which means at least 51.

So we have minimum 3 Landrush, probably 6 RXS, RXLites (1+), RXSuper1600(2+), Crosscart, and GrpB Rally(3+)

minimum of 16+ non-rally cars. Leaves at least 35 Rally-Cars.

R5: 3-5

R4: 2

GrpA: 4

F2: 2+

R2: 1+

GrpB: 5 +2(RWD)

H3: 3+  H2: 4+ H2FWD: 1+ H1: 2+

= 29-31 cars

That leaves at least 4 unknown Rally cars that weren't in DR, but also the 2000's class is missing. Weren't the Impreza and Foci confirmed?

Looks like me and @KickUp will be teaming up again on some events this year. Hopefully our first event will be early April :) 
Somerset stages? If so I'll hopefully see you both there!
No more gravel for the foreseeable future for me. It's too expensive!

SkyRex said:

the 2000's class is missing. Weren't the Impreza and Foci confirmed?

Its been said that cars are no longer grouped by age, but on performance instead, so the 2000's are likely just regrouped within some other class

Azoresst said:

Can only go by what I was told in November. May have changed since our visit, be a shame if so but I guess Your stage is pushing the limits of the EGO engine  

KevM said:
SkyRex said:

Its been said that cars are no longer grouped by age, but on performance instead, so the 2000's are likely just regrouped within some other class
But where? They were WRC cars, faster than Group A. So the only class performance wise fitting might be R5 am I wrong? And I presume the classes actually named like real classes only contain cars for those classes. The Performance-Matching-Classes I think are H1-H3

KevM said:
SkyRex said:

Pretty sure the MODERN RALLY R5 Up to 2000cc (4WD) part of the list are separated, it should've been MODERN RALLY: R5, Up to 2000cc (4WD),.... Two different classes. Mr. Coleman forgot the commas :D

TPJP said:
KevM said:
SkyRex said:

Pretty sure the MODERN RALLY R5 Up to 2000cc (4WD) part of the list are separated, it should've been MODERN RALLY R5, Up to 2000cc (4WD). Two different classes. Mr. Coleman forgot the commas :D
Ah I see, makes sense, especially since R5 is limited at 1600ccm :D okay than we have a place for those 3 2000's cars. Leaves at least 1-3 unknown rally cars

TPJP said:
KevM said:
SkyRex said:

Pretty sure the MODERN RALLY R5 Up to 2000cc (4WD) part of the list are separated, it should've been MODERN RALLY R5, Up to 2000cc (4WD). Two different classes. Mr. Coleman forgot the commas :D
That would make sense