DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Curious when there will be some actual..."news"?

Still too early for even a screenshot?! Still don't understand the marketing strategy.

dudes!

Sorry I haven't been about much this week, I've just been happy to sit and watch you all talk.

Figured I'd give you an update of what I've been working on this week.

The man from Facebook came for a visit, he was a great guy and really loves GRID and DiRT but lets just say he feel's similar to most of our fans about our recent efforts - He made a joke about cockpit view when he was presenting to all the suits I thought was really funny :D. He was a lot like you guys, just itching for a good rally game so I let him have a go on the D-Box and he absolutely loved it. I was really pleased to see that he liked it, I love hearing/seeing people love our game.

Errrr what else did I do this week...

Oh! Merchandise, I need your help with this. I'm looking at what kind of swag I would like for DiRT so now is the right time to let me know what kind of DiRT Merchandise you would like. This is the kind of stuff I'll use for prizes and the like. So speak now or forever hold your peace.

Played the game a bit today, a new thing... or old thing depending how you look at it was added and EVERYBODY was playing it. (So cool).

I had to add more stuff into a marketing plan... ughhh.

I've been cracking on with my dirt website stuff I needed to do for the web team.

I've been toying with the idea of doing let's play style videos, wondered what you guys thought about it? What kind of things would you like to hear us talk about if we did? (or is it a dumb idea?)

And I've been working on a way to kind of introduce you guys to the other members of the team and people who work on DiRT. I think you are aware of all the cool ones already, but if you've any ideas on things you would like to hear and what kind of stuff you would like to know about the people and their jobs then let me know.

And I've been watching the WRC via WRC+ (which is awesome and you should all subscribe to it btw)

There is other stuff I can't even hint at because I'll get told off... again. And the rest of my week has been spent walking around talking to/annoying/distracting other people like Paul, Darren and countless others from doing their work... Which probably isn't a good thing.

There you have it, that is my week. 

:)

Thanks for the little update Lee, I think we all really appreciate it. Hope we're getting closer to some official public news, especially with the announcement of the new WRC game. 

Not a clue who 'the man from Facebook' is but he must be quite important if you had a meeting with him!

trust you enjoyed WRC+ too

So the DiRTy Gossip thread now has over 50 000 views! We really had to amuse ourselves over the last months :)

I've had this wish that at least one of my predictions would come true. Preferably, the one to come true would be of an announcement later today January 28th? :P 

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/537162966127632384

And now this tweet:

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/560375712524537856

What is that supposed mean? :O Release on August 12th...? Who knows...

@justbiglee‌ thanks Lee for the updates, I am liking these Friday updates, although vague (not your fault) it's nice to hear progress is being done and at what point.  

I do do believe that the Facebook guy could have been a potential investor (in Codemasters), considering the meeting and comments, but that's just WILD speculation.

I'm in for any swag, though Shirts and Stickers are great!  Maybe some pens or a signed DiRTYlove burger, that ships well, right?

I hope something important is happening on this date! 128 was also hidden on my Christmas card from the dirt team...

I am hoping there will be some sort of announcement today. It wouldn't be the release date (12th of August) as they would announce the game well before they would even know a release date. 
Lee has been quite for a couple of days so fingers crossed.

So the DiRTy Gossip thread now has over 50 000 views! We really had to amuse ourselves over the last months :)

I've had this wish that at least one of my predictions would come true. Preferably, the one to come true would be of an announcement later today January 28th? :P 

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/537162966127632384

And now this tweet:

https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/560375712524537856

What is that supposed mean? :O Release on August 12th...? Who knows...

Perhaps the 128th day of the year? (Which I think is Friday 1st May)

Unless something else important happened today behind the scenes that we didn't hear about, it looks like today is not the day. hopefully it will come soon though...

Unless something else important happened today behind the scenes that we didn't hear about, it looks like today is not the day. hopefully it will come soon though...
I was thinking the same, it's 12:30pm here so that means it's end of work day there in the UK.  Probably something behind the scenes, maybe deadline for wrap up of EAx to be ready?  Just a guess, it means something, @justbiglee‌ has mentioned it 2 times now.  

gfRally said:
I was thinking the same, it's 12:30pm here so that means it's end of work day there in the UK.  Probably something behind the scenes, maybe deadline for wrap up of EAx to be ready?  Just a guess, it means something, @justbiglee‌ has mentioned it 2 times now.  
Well it better means something @justbiglee ... ;)

Monday 23rd February

Breakfast
DiRT
Codies Canteen
DiRT
DiRTy Love

Usual rules apply, you'll need to make your own way here and will have to be OK signing an NDA. I'll try and get as many in as I can but spaces might be limited. Wait until I've confirmed the list before booking any time off work etc.

We love you guys, sorry 128 day wasn't what you wanted it to be <3

Awesome! I'll have to check closer to the time to make sure I'm not busy with uni, but I'd love to come again!
Cool, you're more than welcome if you've already been. If it was a more recent visit I can't promise you'll learn much new though (just to set your expectations) but it would be good to see you again :)

Monday 23rd February

Breakfast
DiRT
Codies Canteen
DiRT
DiRTy Love

Usual rules apply, you'll need to make your own way here and will have to be OK signing an NDA. I'll try and get as many in as I can but spaces might be limited. Wait until I've confirmed the list before booking any time off work etc.

I know I'm fairly new and quiet on here, but I'd definitely be interested!

Man, once again, stuck in the USA.  Wish there was a live feed somehow.

oh well, here is a vid from a great guy here in Rally America, Nick Roberts

http://youtu.be/v7jmLP5K9Qk

Monday 23rd February

Breakfast
DiRT
Codies Canteen
DiRT
DiRTy Love

I would love to come but being in Australia, it might be a bit hard to make it  ;).
Any chance of a live feed for some lucky international DiRT fans that would like to see what your cooking but can't possibly make it?

Monday 23rd February

Breakfast
DiRT
Codies Canteen
DiRT
DiRTy Love

Depending on my rally and work schedule I will give a check when a date is announced when u want to plan it, Its always good to come over to the UK ;-)
But u can count on me if needed ;-)

I'd definitely be up for it again if I'm allowed. Can't turn down the chance to get another hands on. 

Although it goes without saying that I'll only go if there's a space available. Don't want to be taking spaces from people who haven't been before or only been once. 

I'd definitely be up for it again if I'm allowed. Can't turn down the chance to get another hands on 

Would love to meet u guys too! So far I just met the DiRT staff and few forum members,
even some one in New Zealand xD
We all got the same heartbeat for that genre of gaming and sport ;-)

Going to take a few years yet to get through the entire customer base at this rate ;).  Is this game really in such an early state, that they can't show anything........oh wait.  Would a few teaser screen-shots of a few cars on tracks really give anything away to the competition(?).