DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

'Gamer' and 'Simulation' sound like a good choice, no stigma attached to either term really.

I consider that a focus testing sucess!

Off topic, sorry, but I've just began listening to Jonathan Colling's incredible music on Spotify. It's this entire album with music from all CMR games, including the entire CMR 2.0 soundtrack. Holy balls is he a genius (at play)!
I still think DiRT 4 should have some original composed tracks. Not a big fan of licensed-only soundtracks.

Hah, that reminds me of an awful track selection: Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend in Burnout Paradise :D
Agree that it was an awful choice, but it was my guily pleasure... I would mash 0 until I got to it, then mash it again.

I'll be honest, after a night with those names in head, I find the term "Gamer" being used as a description of the simcade physics rather... dangerous. It can be easily seen as quite elitistic, aka it implies that just because someone is not a hardcore simulation enthusiast and "only" a gamer they should use simplified physics.

Maybe instead of "Gamer" something like "Simplified" would work better?

I'd just stick with 'Popcorn' and 'Simulation' to avoid any confusion.

(On a serious note, 'Gamer' and 'Simulation' are perfect)

On another road note, regarding AI cars in Rally, will we also be able to catch up to/overtake slower drivers that are not broken down on the side of the road? Just wondering.

P.S: writing Typing 'note' as 'road' was a genuine mistake that I decided not to erase completely. So was that error in that last sentence. 

Didzis said:
Will rallycross and landrush cars be limited to only rallycross and landrush tracks or is there a chance to drive them on Your Stage tracks as well? And also the other way round - rally cars on rallyX or Landrush tracks?
Also, will there be a photo mode?
+1000, I would love to have like in DiRT 2 the option to drive any car in any track.

Dytut said:
"Popcorn" and "Kebab pizza". That ought to be clear enough.
POPCORN is a term to be typed only in BLOCK CAPITALS. Such is the "Ranters' (Trolls'?) Law of Permanent Capitalisation"

I'd just stick with 'Popcorn' and 'Simulation' to avoid any confusion.

(On a serious note, 'Gamer' and 'Simulation' are perfect)
DAMMIT: beaten to the popcorn suggestion!  :D

Do people who aren't getting paid to do so, actually spend time thinking about stuff like this???

KevM said:
Do people who aren't getting paid to do so, actually spend time thinking about stuff like this???

You can't give this job to amateurs, its the fate of the company at stake.

Mmm steak. 

789ifyz said:
On another road note, regarding AI cars in Rally, will we also be able to catch up to/overtake slower drivers that are not broken down on the side of the road? Just wondering.

P.S: writing Typing 'note' as 'road' was a genuine mistake that I decided not to erase completely. So was that error in that last sentence. 
You won't be catching up other cars that are still running on stage.

KickUp said:
789ifyz said:

Will there just be broken down cars or will you pass crashed out cars as well? On the roof and such?

bogani said:
KickUp said:
789ifyz said:

Will there just be broken down cars or will you pass crashed out cars as well? On the roof and such?
Maybe, no promises at this stage.