DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

As someone who missed the period between Colin McRae Rally 2.0 and DiRT Rally.....

What the heck are/is fuzzynuts?
In Dirt 2 you could choose a name or nickname that the voiceover characters would call you. One of the options was (inexplicably) Fuzzynuts.

BadD0g said:
As someone who missed the period between Colin McRae Rally 2.0 and DiRT Rally.....

In Dirt 2 you could choose a name or nickname that the voiceover characters would call you. One of the options was (inexplicably) Fuzzynuts.
I'll tell you the story when we go for a drink one day  ;)

I always chose "BJ" as my voiceover nickname in Dirt 2, because... they're my real-life initials. :D

(I don't even remember Fuzzynuts, wtf?)

KickUp said:
BadD0g said:

I'll tell you the story when we go for a drink one day  ;)
I'll buy the drink, you buy the plane ticket from the US. Deal?  :D

KevM said:
The 911 would be ultra-difficult as it was ALWAYS known as a Rothmans car, and thats a livery that wont be allowed in the game.  

My guess is that Paul wouldn't attempt to chase the 911 unless he could have it 100% accurate 
I take it back about Rothmans....

Cathal Curley's legendary AUI1500 is livery-free, but recently for sale for offers in excess of £1mil, may pose a slight problem....

Not strictly DiRT/fuzzynut gossip, but if anyone is looking for ways to kill the time between now and the release of DiRT 4, I'd recommend giving this a look...

...it's put together by the same guy who did the (rather excellent) "Evolution of Rally" films and it's got quite a few clips I haven't seen before. Good mix of music and raw audio car clips, plus it's quite honest about the good - and bad - points of the era. Far less sensationalized than "Madness on Wheels" which came out a few years ago as well. 

NB: And the disc menu just has raw car audio on repeat: I left the menu on after the disc finished for much longer than I should have! 

bogani said:
Good News!  :) på 
I've entered my first rally of 2017!

Bad News  :'(
@KickUp won't be sat next to me, as he will be away on business. We will be back together soon enough though :D
Did he say what business? ;) ;)
Yes but it's not my place to say what it is or where.
I bet you wish @KickUp was in your place though... ;) <3

tbtstt said: 
Not strictly DiRT/fuzzynut gossip, but if anyone is looking for ways to kill the time between now and the release of DiRT 4, I'd recommend giving this a look...

...it's put together by the same guy who did the (rather excellent) "Evolution of Rally" films and it's got quite a few clips I haven't seen before. Good mix of music and raw audio car clips, plus it's quite honest about the good - and bad - points of the era. Far less sensationalized than "Madness on Wheels" which came out a few years ago as well. 

NB: And the disc menu just has raw car audio on repeat: I left the menu on after the disc finished for much longer than I should have! 
How does it compare to 'still too fast to race'?

Got it on my wish list right now,but can't get riding balls of fire here :(

tbtstt said: 

How does it compare to 'still too fast to race'?

Got it on my wish list right now,but can't get riding balls of fire here :(
I personally wasn't a big fan of "Too Fast to Race" or "Still Too Fast to Race" (I didn't like how they were edited) so, for me, it was much better than those two. 

You can download "Riding Balls of Fire" from Duke video if you are in a country they won't post too! 

Good News!  :)
I've entered my first rally of 2017!

Bad News  :'(
@KickUp won't be sat next to me, as he will be away on business. We will be back together soon enough though :D
Ooh, I'll co-drive! I live around 11000km away from you and I have no experience at all, but how hard could it be?

@KickUp  Sorry if this has already been asked but I don't recall seeing it yet.  So with the tiles on your stage, are they completely static or are there variations that can happen with the same tile?  Like can there be different foliage, rocks or trees along the road of the same tile when it gets used in different generated stages?  Along with that can you say anything about the actual total number of tiles per location?  

Scyy said:
@KickUp  Sorry if this has already been asked but I don't recall seeing it yet.  So with the tiles on your stage, are they completely static or are there variations that can happen with the same tile?  Like can there be different foliage, rocks or trees along the road of the same tile when it gets used in different generated stages?  Along with that can you say anything about the actual total number of tiles per location?  
Variation happens in many different ways. 

This might have been asked before @KickUp - but when using Your Stage, is there an option to recce the stage before you do your high speed run? I would like this feature, where the game limits you to max 80 km/h (WRC speed limit on recce if I'm not wrong?) with a typical recce car.

nystedt88 said:
Rally Sweden SS2 Röjden yesterday.. photo by: Dani Sordo

Just beautiful conditions!

It would be seriously cool if we could choose the amount of snow in Sweden with "Your stage" :)

Benniz said:
This might have been asked before @KickUp - but when using Your Stage, is there an option to recce the stage before you do your high speed run? I would like this feature, where the game limits you to max 80 km/h (WRC speed limit on recce if I'm not wrong?) with a typical recce car.
We won't be doing recces or having recce cars in DiRT 4. I think in future if we can get a more adjustable co driver system beyond the Early <-> Later adjustment we have now then a recce would be a useful tool for some people.

KickUp said:
We won't be doing recces or having recce cars in DiRT 4. I think in future if we can get a more adjustable co driver system beyond the Early <-> Later adjustment we have now then a recce would be a useful tool for some people.
Could 'recce' be done by way of an optional simplified CREST animation to give an idea of the severity of the generated corners?  Be handy for setting suspension, gearbox and diffs etc

Will CREST even continue to work with Your Stage?

KickUp said:
Benniz said:
While I would like the feature, I'm thinking how often I would actually use it. I haven't obviously had a go at using Your Stage extensively yet to decide if I would use it but I'm thinking I would probably just dive in, maybe a shakedown first.

And we have our first DLC car xD 

• Body is 7 characters too short. WRONG... actually the car looks to big!
The amount of cars in world rx is mad!
peugeot 208
fiesta
focus
audi s1
seat ibiza
mini
vw polo
ds3
Kia Rio
and now a Renault as well! Plus another that I've probably missed 

KickUp said:
Benniz said:
While I would like the feature, I'm thinking how often I would actually use it. I haven't obviously had a go at using Your Stage extensively yet to decide if I would use it but I'm thinking I would probably just dive in, maybe a shakedown first.
Agreed. Would be useful in leagues though.

Benniz said:
The cars in recce are limited to normal road limits, so if road has limit 50km/h you've have to keep to that limit. At least that's how it's in our local rallies, not certainly sure about WRC but it shouldn't be different IIRC.

versedi said:
Benniz said:
The cars in recce are limited to normal road limits, so if road has limit 50km/h you've have to keep to that limit. At least that's how it's in our local rallies, not certainly sure about WRC but it shouldn't be different IIRC.
Wrc has a universal speed limit on all recces, can't remember what it is though 

versedi said:
Benniz said:
Wrc has a universal speed limit on all recces, can't remember what it is though 
I believe it's 60 or 80km/h.

From
http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/regulation/file/2013%20WRC%20Sporting%20Regulations_17.12.2012_0.pdf

EXCESSIVE SPEED DURING RECONNAISSANCE
20.2.1 It is emphasised that reconnaissance is not practice. All the road traffic laws of the country in which the rally runs must be strictly adhered to and the safety and rights of other road users must be respected.

20.2.2 Speeding during reconnaissance will incur a fine applied by the clerk of the course as follows: Per km per hour over the speed limit All drivers €25

20.2.3 The amount of the fine will be unaltered by any fine imposed by the police.

20.2.4 The fine will be doubled in case of a second offence committed in the same rally

Here's for 2017, but no changes in that subject:
https://www.fia.com/file/39012/download/9300?token=pW_m6XlM

So I did recall correctly :)