DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Pretty much just confirmed that was Paul having a quick blast before leaving work for the day.....

Ahh, the life of a game designer :D

:D

ultra troll                                                                                                                                  

He's merely testing today's awesomeness as motivation for more awesomeness tomorrow!

Quick Sidenote: Anyone else think the 'DRC - DiRT Rally Championship' thread should be shifted over to the Leagues section?  It's now getting in the way of proper juicy unread goodness  :/

Just saw this one now, nice interview to read:

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/829395500621320208

But the most interesting question, IMO, was this one:

LMSA : Will you model Luke Harvey’s Peugeot 106 GTI in DiRT 4? Do you have any future projects as co-driver or as driver ?
PC :
Sadly not, we have introduced the Peugeot 205 GTI as there are probably more of those used in junior competitions than the 106. I’m hoping to do some more co driving with Luke or Jon Tucker later this year or early in 2018. Hopefully I can get a few more finishes because I’m hoping to upgrade to an International FIA Navigator license soon.

Sadly we won't see @Rallycameraman Peugeot, but @KickUp plans for the International FIA Navigator license sounds awesome!

Azoresst said:

LMSA : Will you model Luke Harvey’s Peugeot 106 GTI in DiRT 4? Do you have any future projects as co-driver or as driver ?
PC :
Sadly not, we have introduced the Peugeot 205 GTI as there are probably more of those used in junior competitions than the 106. I’m hoping to do some more co driving with Luke or Jon Tucker later this year or early in 2018. Hopefully I can get a few more finishes because I’m hoping to upgrade to an International FIA Navigator license soon.

Sadly we won't see @Rallycameraman Peugeot, but @KickUp plans for the International FIA Navigator license sounds awesome!

As it was in french I had to use the translator. 

Smuts Rally/Smuts 4. That is pure awesomeness! 

Disclaimer: Only Swedes will get this one ;)

bogani said:
Azoresst said:

PC :

If smuts is the swedish word for the german schmutz , germans do get it too XD

bogani said:

Smuts means dirt, right?

bogani said:

Smuts means dirt, right?
It does. It just sounds silly in your own language even if it's the correct translation ;)

bogani said:
bogani said:

Smuts means dirt, right?
It does. It just sounds silly in your own language even if it's the correct translation ;)
True that, VUiL Rally/ VUiL Vier just sounds silly.

bogani said:

Smuts means dirt, right?
Yep! Or well.. kind of. 

There's dirt on the floor = det är smuts på golvet. Dirt = Smuts
This is a dirt track = det här är en grusbana. Dirt = Grus
Put the casket in the dirt = Lägg kistan i jorden. Dirt = Jord

Dytut said:
bogani said:

Smuts means dirt, right?
Yep! Or well.. kind of. 

But dirt isn't really gravel. Gravel is gravel ;)

Dytut said:
bogani said:

Smuts means dirt, right?
Yep! Or well.. kind of. 

Yeah in Dutch it can be interpret in different ways as well, smuts would be vuil, grus -> grind, jord -> aarde

Licensing must have gotten more complicated, back in the ToCA Race Driver days Codemasters had all sorts of stuff easily enough (and the McRae Rally days).

However it's nice to see brands like Ferrari and Porsche loosening up their licensing, so they can appear in more games. I doubt they're as easy to license as Lotus and Pagani, that seem to appear everywhere.

bogani said:
Azoresst said:

PC :

The article is in English too in the end... :joy:

Jepsertti said:
bogani said:
Azoresst said:

PC :

The article is in English too in the end... :joy:
Ahhh don't spoil the fun ;)

Licensing must have gotten more complicated, back in the ToCA Race Driver days Codemasters had all sorts of stuff easily enough (and the McRae Rally days).

However it's nice to see brands like Ferrari and Porsche loosening up their licensing, so they can appear in more games. I doubt they're as easy to license as Lotus and Pagani, that seem to appear everywhere.
I imagine its probably down to the fine detail devs can remake them these days compared to back then, don't quote me on that though

I imagine its probably down to the fine detail devs can remake them these days compared to back then, don't quote me on that though
I think it's also partly because back in the olden days companies might not have been quite so on the ball when it came to policing who used your ip. It's a very different landscape now compared to 20 odd years ago.

urgaffel said:

I think it's also partly because back in the olden days companies might not have been quite so on the ball when it came to policing who used your ip. It's a very different landscape now compared to 20 odd years ago.
Yeah that sounds about right as well. Gaming is definitely a load bigger than it used to be, GTA V is still on sales charts which is incredible really.

@KickUp - Surely it can't be too hard to license our lovely Knut? A 1999 Nissan Almera GTi? :wink:

pulsar would be nicer ;)                                                                              

Benniz said:
@KickUp - Surely it can't be too hard to license our lovely Knut? A 1999 Nissan Almera GTi? :wink:

our my little french 206 RC lion, or the other one,.. the Japanese , English (Banbury) ex factory blue rally monster :D :wink: Both would love to join their brothers that are confirmed in 4 :D  

Azoresst said:

PC :

Now that's seriously cool they asked about that! Perks of having Paul in the car I guess  :D

hoping he'll be back in with me for a rally in May :)