DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

i think id rather see some more on the new locations instead of getting all caught up on what cars shoulda coulda woulda and are in the game

Evilsmurf said:

@KickUp

I know it's not possible to get the WRC licenced cars into DiRT4, but were do VW stand?

Their not in the WRC anymore and as far as I know, the 2017 Polo isn't even eligible for the new WRC season as they didn't manage to get it homologated. So does it still fall under the WRC licence? If not, would VW entertain the idea of you licencing the new 2017 Polo for DiRT4? :)

Would be awesome to have one of the new cars in DiRT4!

Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered.

It's a fair point and I'll be honest and say that we haven't asked VW about it as at the time we were making our car list it was still very much in the WRC. 

JZStudios said:
Evilsmurf said:

@KickUp

I know it's not possible to get the WRC licenced cars into DiRT4, but were do VW stand?

Their not in the WRC anymore and as far as I know, the 2017 Polo isn't even eligible for the new WRC season as they didn't manage to get it homologated. So does it still fall under the WRC licence? If not, would VW entertain the idea of you licencing the new 2017 Polo for DiRT4? :)

Forza even lost VW. They seem to be a bit weird lately.
They got into a bit of trouble recently for emissions, hurt their stock pretty good.

EDDSkitz said:
JZStudios said:
Evilsmurf said:

@KickUp

Forza even lost VW. They seem to be a bit weird lately.
They got into a bit of trouble recently for emissions, hurt their stock pretty good.
Ehh, VW does that every few years. Don't know why that would mean they couldn't license to Forza.

KickUp said:
Evilsmurf said:

@KickUp

It's a fair point and I'll be honest and say that we haven't asked VW about it as at the time we were making our car list it was still very much in the WRC. 
@KickUp does that mean there might be a chance u would ask VW and try to get a licence for it if possible?

On the subject of cars that may or may not be in Dirt 4, I'd like to take a shot at this DiRTy gossiping-thing as well:
Since according to the announcement trailer the theme of DiRT 4 seems to be 'be fearless', the Subaru Impreza N12 (I hope I'm right on the nomenclature here D: ) that was in Dirt 2, 3 (and 1?) simply has to make a comeback, right (@kickup )? I mean how are we supposed to show exactly how fearless we are if not by tackling the stages in a car that literally states that there's 'No Fear' (the Colin McRaes liveries available in the games) involved on the driver's part?
(I might have gone a little bit overboard with the confirmation bias and wishfull thinking here)

Not sure how a single car class would work in game even if they could get it.

VW do not have emissions 'issues' like this one every few years, this was bad and global.

KickUp said:
OMG, Please make Polo 2017 happen, if possible!

On the subject of cars that may or may not be in Dirt 4, I'd like to take a shot at this DiRTy gossiping-thing as well:
Since according to the announcement trailer the theme of DiRT 4 seems to be 'be fearless', the Subaru Impreza N12 (I hope I'm right on the nomenclature here D: ) that was in Dirt 2, 3 (and 1?) simply has to make a comeback, right (@kickup )? I mean how are we supposed to show exactly how fearless we are if not by tackling the stages in a car that literally states that there's 'No Fear' (the Colin McRaes liveries available in the games) involved on the driver's part?
(I might have gone a little bit overboard with the confirmation bias and wishfull thinking here)
If not I'm pretty sure someone will mod in the livery on the PC version. I was honestly thinking of doing it myself.

@KickUp  I wonder, is the Fiesta R5 in the game the Evo spec?
There are sub classes/specs in the R5 class?
Not subclasses, it's just upgrades that are done to the cars. It's not really important.

@KickUp  I wonder, is the Fiesta R5 in the game the Evo spec?
There are sub classes/specs in the R5 class?
Not subclasses, it's just upgrades that are done to the cars. It's not really important.
Yeah, basically new versions. The fiesta is on evo 2 at the moment I think, so that's the third edition of fiesta r5

Codies really pissed off someone at Toyota, didn't they?

Seriously, at this point I don't even think about toyotas in the game. I'm more interested about Citroen Saxo and Xsara and Peugeot 307. Yeah, probably not possible, but...

Would really love to see Toyota's but yeah I think you're right, Codies clearly dedicated on their children from an immense height, and then set fire to them.

It's kind of bizarre, rally cars for a track racing game. Good thing about AC though is you can hand pick which cars you race against.

Maybe Codies accidentally made a mistake during the licensing incantation ritual, and they've been cursed to an eternity of no Toyotas? 

It's kind of bizarre, rally cars for a track racing game. Good thing about AC though is you can hand pick which cars you race against.
There are some quite fun to drive tarmac rally stage mods. Many of them being RBR mods converted! 

I was watching some onboards from this years Rally Sweden and I'm now so hyped to get to face the unknown tracks of Your Stage. 

I've told you already from tea fusses what I've seen.
There was a girl. Toyota's girl.

There was a manager who was a father of that girl.

There were devs at Codies.

Soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVgjC5Gw8y0

The morning the team were about to sign a deal with Toyota, Paul broke a mirror at home, walked under a ladder whilst on his way to the office and just as he was about to get inside, he stepped on a black cat. That day will haunt him forever. He should've known better.