DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

@KickUp One last question of the day, if you can answer it: what is the average number of liveries/teams per car? Are there cars with only one team like DiRT Rally?
I don't know the average off the top of my head but with the branding suite there are a lot more possibilities. Some teams will be limited to just one livery though. 

Just wondering, will the pacenotes have pluses, minuses, camber, maybe, etc?

Also, when (and if you can) damage the 'girboks', will it get stuck in a gear, grind, or jump between gears? Is losing power steering possible?

@KickUp 

Hello, very excited for new dirt game

I see that Hill Climb won't make an appearance, but will head 2 head return to the game? (sorry if it's been asked before)
And with the rally stages, will surfaces be mixed in the one stage or it will be constantly just be the 1, like for example one section of the stage is gravel and towards the end it's asphalt?

Thanks in advance 

adroduke said:
@KickUp 

I see that Hill Climb won't make an appearance, but will head 2 head return to the game? (sorry if it's been asked before)
And with the rally stages, will surfaces be mixed in the one stage or it will be constantly just be the 1, like for example one section of the stage is gravel and towards the end it's asphalt?

Thanks in advance 
Hey man, both of these have been answered before, so just to let you know:

Thee won't be Head 2 Head - I've not played the games before DiRT Rally, but as far as I can work out those are Super Special Stages and they've been confirmed to not be in game.

All events have a range of surfaces but not drastic ones, just variants on the main type for each location (so not tarmac to gravel). So heavy gravel for Australia, light gravel for USA, mud/wet gravel for UK, snow/ice for Sweden and tarmac for Spain. Paul did say how many variants of each there were somewhere but I can't find it. In fairness, there aren't many mixed stages in real life rallies either. In the WRC there are only a couple IIRC; Terra Alta in Spain being the most noticeable.

KickUp said:
KickUp said:
Alf72 said:

@KickUp

Not sure if this was asked already... The cars will have any kind of upgrades, in D4?

I found a bit silly, how the car upgrades worked in DR ( very Arcade ), apart of being a grind ( drive X Kilometers, unlock Y ). 

It's probably, more complicated to simulate, and get it right, but i'd like to see a system where we upgrade/buy better Turbos, Differentials, Brakes, Exhausts, etc.

Parts will upgrade durability not performance. So they will perform at their best for longer. 
@KickUp Will the default cars in freeplay have already maximum durability on them?
In free play you will get a loan car from one of the teams. The team will determine the part quality. 
@KickUp  Interesting. So factory teams like Audi, Peugeot, Citroen (if you by any chance have it), i.e. official liveries will have the highest quality parts?

KickUp said:
KickUp said:
KickUp said:
Alf72 said:

@KickUp

Not sure if this was asked already... The cars will have any kind of upgrades, in D4?

I found a bit silly, how the car upgrades worked in DR ( very Arcade ), apart of being a grind ( drive X Kilometers, unlock Y ). 

It's probably, more complicated to simulate, and get it right, but i'd like to see a system where we upgrade/buy better Turbos, Differentials, Brakes, Exhausts, etc.

Parts will upgrade durability not performance. So they will perform at their best for longer. 
@KickUp Will the default cars in freeplay have already maximum durability on them?
In free play you will get a loan car from one of the teams. The team will determine the part quality. 
@KickUp  Interesting. So factory teams like Audi, Peugeot, Citroen (if you by any chance have it), i.e. official liveries will have the highest quality parts?
That is a fair assumption but not all cars will have factory teams. 

I cannot state how much this concept excites and intrigues me. I remember writing a long piece on it in reply to someone's career mode thread about DR and this stuff sounds like my ideal scenario.

someone needs to keep a sticky post with all of the info @KickUp has posted/answered so far.  

gfRally said:
someone needs to keep a sticky post with all of the info @KickUp has posted/answered so far.  

Yea, I was actually thinking about writing a summary of questions and answers but time isn't my friend. 

adroduke said:
@KickUp 

Thanks in advance 
Hey man, both of these have been answered before, so just to let you know:

Thee won't be Head 2 Head - I've not played the games before DiRT Rally, but as far as I can work out those are Super Special Stages and they've been confirmed to not be in game.

All events have a range of surfaces but not drastic ones, just variants on the main type for each location (so not tarmac to gravel). So heavy gravel for Australia, light gravel for USA, mud/wet gravel for UK, snow/ice for Sweden and tarmac for Spain. Paul did say how many variants of each there were somewhere but I can't find it. In fairness, there aren't many mixed stages in real life rallies either. In the WRC there are only a couple IIRC; Terra Alta in Spain being the most noticeable.
Ah ok, fair enough, crossover tracks was what i was referring to, and i figured they would be in the game cause, they have been on previous titles, but still very exciting

Thank you for answering, much appreciated    

Been out watching some more rallying this past weekend. Unfortunately the rally I was on had to be cancelled to horredous icy conditions, and marshals and safety crews unable to reach their locations. Luckily I got to attend a pre event test session with some nice WRC cars including an S14 Impreza WRC and Fiesta WRC.

https://youtu.be/Grr0BssQYjU

Kenny McKinstrys S14, lives 3 minutes from me! Pity the S14 was short lived....

gfRally said:

That post would be bloody massive :D I think we do need an FAQ post perhaps? Maybe Christina could sort something?

Unless the FAQ turns out to be a joke post going with answers like:

Licensing
Licensing
We don't know
xxx is AWESOME
Licensing
STOP ASKING ABOUT LICENSING
Can't tell :(
Hey look, we have an EVO 6!

i don't know, i just ran out of patience.

KickUp said:
Alf72 said:

@KickUp

That sounds much, much better than what we had in DR. Thanks a lot ;) 

Snaky115 said:
Unless the FAQ turns out to be a joke post going with answers like:

Licensing
Licensing
We don't know
xxx is AWESOME
Licensing
STOP ASKING ABOUT LICENSING
Can't tell :(
Hey look, we have an EVO 6!

i don't know, i just ran out of patience.

^This

Licensed body is NDA characters too short to talk about at this point.

Just wondering, will the pacenotes have pluses, minuses, camber, maybe, etc?

Also, when (and if you can) damage the 'girboks', will it get stuck in a gear, grind, or jump between gears? Is losing power steering possible?
They will have camber. Pluses and minuses have not been used in our system. 

As for the gearbox you'll hear some new damage sounds and it will play up a decent amount too. 

Been out watching some more rallying this past weekend. Unfortunately the rally I was on had to be cancelled to horredous icy conditions, and marshals and safety crews unable to reach their locations. Luckily I got to attend a pre event test session with some nice WRC cars including an S14 Impreza WRC and Fiesta WRC.

Datsun 240Z! Wow, that takes me back. Tony Fall in the '70s.

This is properly cool, wish there was more testing in my neck of the woods!

Great footage, what camera and lens do you use?

@KickUp I hope this wasn't answered already and apologize if it was:

Will there still be a 'ideal' line in the stages with your stage? I mean the condition of the road - for example in sweden you can see the lines of the cars 'before' you. Or in greece the ruts that they left.