DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I also think that the swedish stages in DR were narrower than the WRC stages for example, these are quite wide and sweeping. I think the narrowness is part of the reason I don't really race sweden that much, you have to be so dead accurate and it can go wrong so easily and I just get frustrated lol

TuliRally said:
@KickUp Probably this will go under the radar asking this at this time of day, but is it possible for Your Stage to create variations to the flow of the track. Like starting with high speed sections and ending in more technical inside the same track.

I'm waiting Dirt 4 and it's new features so much that other racing games does not seem to be "delivering" joy so much anymore, especially in the career mode front. Anybody else noticing same?
(Maybe ME:Andromeda and outdoor activities will keep me occupied until release. )
There is always grid 1 to play too..

Keep us the good work Codies!
Ps. I'm wondering if there is anybody still working in Codemasters that also worked in making "game" called Music 2000? Thanks to that piece of software and to people who worked on the game, i was able to start my music career as a youngster !
You won't get that level of control over the way a stage is generated. We may introduce more of this later on but for now the variables are length and complexity.

As for Music 2000... I think there might be some but I don't think they worked directly on the title. They will have worked on the Box Art and there may be some testers left.

I also think that the swedish stages in DR were narrower than the WRC stages for example, these are quite wide and sweeping. I think the narrowness is part of the reason I don't really race sweden that much, you have to be so dead accurate and it can go wrong so easily and I just get frustrated lol
Yeah, Swedish roads are quite similar to Finlands in flow and character, maybe not as wide all the time but still.

KickUp said:
TuliRally said:
@KickUp Probably this will go under the radar asking this at this time of day, but is it possible for Your Stage to create variations to the flow of the track. Like starting with high speed sections and ending in more technical inside the same track.

I'm waiting Dirt 4 and it's new features so much that other racing games does not seem to be "delivering" joy so much anymore, especially in the career mode front. Anybody else noticing same?
(Maybe ME:Andromeda and outdoor activities will keep me occupied until release. )

Ps. I'm wondering if there is anybody still working in Codemasters that also worked in making "game" called Music 2000? Thanks to that piece of software and to people who worked on the game, i was able to start my music career as a youngster !
You won't get that level of control over the way a stage is generated. We may introduce more of this later on but for now the variables are length and complexity.

As for Music 2000... I think there might be some but I don't think they worked directly on the title. They will have worked on the Box Art and there may be some testers left.
Hopefully there will still be some variations when generating. So a fully complex stage have some fast sections in it as well.

bogani said:
KickUp said:
TuliRally said:

Hopefully there will still be some variations when generating. So a fully complex stage have some fast sections in it as well.
Of course - by only having the two sliders it allows for much more variation to occur.

As a Swede, I feel they're pretty accurate in width in DR. 

KickUp said:
bogani said:
KickUp said:
TuliRally said:

Of course - by only having the two sliders it allows for much more variation to occur.
Thanks for the answers @KickUp 
Just for clarification.. so it is possible already that Your Stage might create stage that is technical with some fast sections thrown in also?

Edit: 
PS. If you run to those who worked on music 2000, you can tell my sincerest gratitude for making it :smile:

Yes, you get a 3D visual of the created stage before you start.  If you want a fast flowing start, regen he stage a few times until it creates something you like the look of

can you remember in older games when you could see the distance being drawn :D                                                              

While we're talking about Sweden, has the ''soft snow' seen any improvements, @KickUp? Far too often I found myself getting ''sucked into'' the snow banks before being catapulted to Mars.

:tongue:

Dytut said:
As a Swede, I feel they're pretty accurate in width in DR. 
Fair enough then! 

TuliRally said:
KickUp said:
bogani said:
KickUp said:
TuliRally said:

Thanks for the answers @KickUp 
Just for clarification.. so it is possible already that Your Stage might create stage that is technical with some fast sections thrown in also?

Edit: 
PS. If you run to those who worked on music 2000, you can tell my sincerest gratitude for making it :smile:

Yes, there is a near infinite variety of configurations that can occur.

P.S. Will do! ;)

zoliRX said:
While we're talking about Sweden, has the ''soft snow' seen any improvements, @KickUp? Far too often I found myself getting ''sucked into'' the snow banks before being catapulted to Mars.

There will be less catapaulting to mars, getting sucked in is still going to happen though as that is part of the nature of the beast.

KickUp said:
zoliRX said:

There will be less catapaulting to mars, getting sucked in is still going to happen though as that is part of the nature of the beast.
Good. Very good.

Dirt Rally has the best simulated snowbanks I've ever had the pleasure of being sucked into in any rally game. It'd be a shame were they to be altered.

Keep up the good work. <3

I am so hyped to drive the group b cars with less airtime and more feeling for the road - this will be so awesome!

KickUp said:
zoliRX said:

Good. Very good.

Dirt Rally has the best simulated snowbanks I've ever had the pleasure of being sucked into in any rally game. It'd be a shame were they to be altered.

Keep up the good work. <3

Love you too babe. Happy valentine's day <3

As brilliant as it is to see @KickUp answering so many questions, I can't help but think the game would already be finished if he wasn't spending so much time on the forum...  :D

Yeah Paul is just pointing fingers at this stage making people working late ;)

Areyouben said:
Nicky Grist never signed any contract, they just locked him up on the test floor, strapped onto the D-Box.
"If you want out of here Nicky, you best start talking"! 

It's worth to note, that the wider FOV is set, the narrower the road appears to the player. Yeah it's narrow (there are wider sections too) but this is what I live in this. There is no space to flat out. Ride slower to go faster is a rule of thumb. Get the flow and throw the car into corners earlier than it seems to be.
Initially I rallied with 3 monitor setup. Since half year ago I own Vive. And believe me or not: narrow roads are not the issue any more. It gives you space and subjectively time to prepare for each turn (eg doing scandinavian flick). Point is, I wouldn't widen roads based on monitor experience.