Jump to content
DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts


 so I'll be putting down a few extra stage times and getting some practice in at home so I can keep up with you guys soon.

Hmmm...  Is it for the visit day or a game release...? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 so I'll be putting down a few extra stage times and getting some practice in at home so I can keep up with you guys soon.

Hmmm...  Is it for the visit day or a game release...? :) 
Visit day to gossip the game release date :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 so I'll be putting down a few extra stage times and getting some practice in at home so I can keep up with you guys soon.

Hmmm...  Is it for the visit day or a game release...? :) 
First one, then the other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Monday I'll be finalising the DiRT day so if any of you want to come speak now or forever hold your peace.

In that case count me in ( depending on the date) ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chuck1551 said:
https://twitter.com/Codemasters/status/564031941092343808
Tweeting at the World Rallycross again? Fingers crossed there is more to this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@justbiglee any Tuesday news about any visit round plans? :D
I thought the date was set to Monday February 23rd...? See Lee's post:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/69693/#Comment_69693

Ah thanks @gentleNameMVB i think i have overlook it ,... going to check the date and try to fix it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sorry guys - crazy busy this week

So am I right in thinking the list is

@ThierryNeuville
@evilsmurf
@Rallycameraman
@gentlenameMVB

Edit:
@Rallydriven

If you have to cancel or can't make it whatever, that's totally cool. You're not locked in and we won't be mad or anything like that if you can't make it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good to hear you are busy, this hopefully means good things are happening  :) I'll check at work tomorrow that I can have the 23rd off, but can't see it being an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Got the time off sorted, can anyone recommend some ware to stay? found a Travelodge 9 miles from Southam I was going to book unless anyone has a better idea? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I should be able to go, as long as I have nothing important on that day at uni. Put me as a yes and if something comes up last minute I'll let you know :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm on the fence at the moment. I'm self employed so a day off comes out of my own pocket: if there is a lot more to see than last year I'm in, if not then I'll go to work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
I'm on the fence at the moment. I'm self employed so a day off comes out of my own pocket: if there is a lot more to see than last year I'm in, if not then I'll go to work!
I don't think you'd learn much new dude, don't worry about it this time round :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tbtstt said:
I'm on the fence at the moment. I'm self employed so a day off comes out of my own pocket: if there is a lot more to see than last year I'm in, if not then I'll go to work!
I don't think you'd learn much new dude, don't worry about it this time round :)
Thanks for the reply @justbiglee. I would love to spend more time with what I saw on my last visit, but a days wages and a 250 mile round trip make it an expensive outing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shame that Steve, guess I'm fortunate that I had 1 holiday day left to take, so I now have the 23rd booked off :) you heading to the Wyedean Saturday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shame that Steve, guess I'm fortunate that I had 1 holiday day left to take, so I now have the 23rd booked off :) you heading to the Wyedean Saturday?
Well I'd rather be at CM, but sadly I need to earn money! Unfortunately not, none of my mates are interested in going and I don't really fancy the drive on my own. I need to see some motorsport soon, the off-season seems to be dragging on forever this year! I assume you'll be packing your camera for the Wyedean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am all booked up now, will be in Leamington Spa Sunday 22nd Feb if anyone is around and wants to get food/drink. pm me and I'll send you my number.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Here's a very late post on something that was being discussed a long time ago: the 128 thing and the August pic.

I agree with the whole 12th August interpretation. It does indeed seem logical. But I have a strange feeling that that might not actually be a release date, but something pre-release like a demo or beta or, worse still, it could just be when we see the first screens or gameplay footage (which is still good, but not nearly as good as release), and the realease may be sometime next year.

I prefer the release interpretation over my own silly little ideas, but it just seems too early to hint at a release date seen as we haven't recieved much/any real, clear information about the game. Apart from the (sort of) obvious.

Now for something far less likely with almost no chance of really even being a remote possibilty. Could the day being '12' indirectly hint even slightly towards the game supporting DX12? I mean, August 2015 is in Summer 2015, and that's when the first games built on the new API are supposed to be released.

Just some thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
789ifyz said:
Here's a very late post on something that was being discussed a long time ago: the 128 thing and the August pic.

I agree with the whole 12th August interpretation. It does indeed seem logical. But I have a strange feeling that that might not actually be a release date, but something pre-release like a demo or beta or, worse still, it could just be when we see the first screens or gameplay footage (which is still good, but not nearly as good as release), and the realease may be sometime next year.

I prefer the release interpretation over my own silly little ideas, but it just seems too early to hint at a release date seen as we haven't recieved much/any real, clear information about the game. Apart from the (sort of) obvious.

Now for something far less likely with almost no chance of really even being a remote possibilty. Could the day being '12' indirectly hint even slightly towards the game supporting DX12? I mean, August 2015 is in Summer 2015, and that's when the first games built on the new API are supposed to be released.

Just some thoughts.
And now for the completely random and totally off-topic, super unnecesary (i can't spell :blush: ) yet somehow obligatory follow-up comment.

How would you spell 'bare' as in "This road is bare long," or "That journey was bear tiring"?

While we discuss spellings, how would you spell "dunno" that you say when you have finished something long or requiring effort or that you're proud of or you were trying to finish as fast as possible?

Just wondering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
789ifyz said:
And now for the completely random and totally off-topic, super unnecesary (i can't spell :blush: ) yet somehow obligatory follow-up comment.

How would you spell 'bare' as in "This road is bare long," or "That journey was bear tiring"?

While we discuss spellings, how would you spell "dunno" that you say when you have finished something long or requiring effort or that you're proud of or you were trying to finish as fast as possible?

Just wondering.
There is no correct spelling for "bare" in this context: because that word doesn't belong there! "This road is very long". "That journey was very tiring". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×