DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

https://youtu.be/-8mPD3BoCT0

This video explains a bit about it. It basically layers on a lot of assists like additional deceleration when you lift off, reduces the body roll of cars and other things.
"Bit of a missed opportunity not calling it 'DiRTy Casual Mode'".

Couldn't agree with that more :D

@KickUp About the Evo X in the R4 class will it share it's body and interior with the DiRT Rally model or will it look more like this (with the smaller mirrors and such)?

Will there be a little goodie for owner of DiRT Rally in DiRT4? Money, an special livery or something :D 
I second that, and fearless / hardcore mode unlock from the beginning for DiRT Rally owners. (post about mode unlock @KickUp ).
Veteran Pass for anyone who has driven over X km's in Dirt Rally :)

Jepsertti said:
Whilst we wait, Assetto Corsa has just added the Audi Sport quattro S1 E2, and a new fictional, multi-course Scottish circuit. It's quite fun, but they forgot to enable the handbrake in the Audi. DOH!
I think it feels quite nice to drive and well... I already had to render it because the model is so beautiful! :joy: (Sorry for off-topic...)

I've literally been playing with this for hours today! It sounds fantastic inside the cockpit, it's great fun trying to tame it. I had to put my racing boots on as the soles of my feet were starting to hurt from changing gear  :D

Jepsertti said:
Whilst we wait, Assetto Corsa has just added the Audi Sport quattro S1 E2, and a new fictional, multi-course Scottish circuit. It's quite fun, but they forgot to enable the handbrake in the Audi. DOH!
I think it feels quite nice to drive and well... I already had to render it because the model is so beautiful! :joy: (Sorry for off-topic...)

I've literally been playing with this for hours today! It sounds fantastic inside the cockpit, it's great fun trying to tame it. I had to put my racing boots on as the soles of my feet were starting to hurt from changing gear  :D
How does it feel to drive?  Get a replay up!!

KevM said:
Jepsertti said:

Its great fun, sounds epic and is very fast. Its got a good amount of understeer and oversteer so you do have to work with it. Tried it on Nordschliefe, addictive!

@KickUp Is it possible to implement custom obstacle placing in Dirtfish? A simple placement mechanic (simple from an ignorant non-dev point of view!) where you can make your own little route with cones and things around the area? Something along the lines of GTA Online's content creator but wouldn't need to be as complex as that? I understand this could be a complex undertaking for something that might not be widely used but I would love the addition :) If @hatward has a few weeks and is looking for something to do  o:) 

@KickUp

Thank you, got a copy.

Wow it really is fantastic, brilliant job by you and your team. Definitely continue to support this. Hoping to see the VR logo on Dirt 4 too.

picture of my collection, sorry I cannot seem to add the picture.

https://flic.kr/p/S4gBxC

@KickUp Is it possible to implement custom obstacle placing in Dirtfish? A simple placement mechanic (simple from an ignorant non-dev point of view!) where you can make your own little route with cones and things around the area? Something along the lines of GTA Online's content creator but wouldn't need to be as complex as that? I understand this could be a complex undertaking for something that might not be widely used but I would love the addition :) If @hatward has a few weeks and is looking for something to do  o:) 
Its something we investigated but sadly its not as simple as I'd like it to be. One for the future though.

KickUp said:
Its something we investigated but sadly its not as simple as I'd like it to be. One for the future though.
As an alternative, maybe get the White Marker spray paint out & mark out a few permanent figure-8 dots and chicane lines on the yard surface?

KickUp said:
Fair enough :)

Sorrymy english isn't good. i have 3 questions  @KickUp 
1) In Career Mode. can we hire 2 (cpu) drivers for our team and we play only as  team principal?
2) can we change visual part of our cars. like head lights model (normal or projector in dirt rally we have subaru 01 with projectors headlights),  bumpers,  rims..?
3) last question i dont ask if its in the game or not, i dont wanna make trouble :) I  just wanna know, if you personally ever considered ford focus rs wrc 03-05 , the most advancet rally car at his time, model to be in game?
thanks for answer :)

@KickUp

Thank you, got a copy.

Wow it really is fantastic, brilliant job by you and your team. Definitely continue to support this. Hoping to see the VR logo on Dirt 4 too.

Done-o! @enginebuild 

@KickUp

Thank you, got a copy.

Now, thats a guy who could really benefit from Racenet based cross-platform credits and garage accessibility!

789ifyz said:

@KickUp

Thank you, got a copy.

Done-o! @enginebuild 

That's an awesome setup - thank you for your 4x support

There's a new interview with Coleman at Inside simracing. I haven't watched it yet but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDyfhLMMuX4

KevM said:
Jepsertti said:

It pushes on at the front. You need to use the brakes/weight transfer if you want to get a good drift going. Overheating the rear tyres helps too ha

There's a new interview with Coleman at Inside simracing. I haven't watched it yet but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDyfhLMMuX4

Just watched the vídeo and... is just me who feels enjoyment hearing/reading/watching @KickUp interviews?

No bs talking like most Dev's... This is rare nowadays. Give him an award!!

No over-promising and under-delivering.

SLRE was the greatest example of that, ever ever lol