Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts

There's a new interview with Coleman at Inside simracing. I haven't watched it yet but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDyfhLMMuX4
Good to see he is so confident about Your Stage, saying even more brutal stages than DiRT Rally with more complexity! I can't wait to try it out! Beyond the physics (which seems sorted as well) the stages are the most important thing in the game in my opinion. I'm loving everything I'm hearing in this interview (though I'm only halfway).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretty informative, however, I felt like I knew most answers. Too much reading Q&A on this forum, I guess. :)
Need more stuff to speculate about :p

Oh, and no BS talking from Paul, straight and clear as always, so I can actually watch it till the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
No over-promising and under-delivering.

This kind of transparency is good for everyone

Exactly.

Off-topic. Wow... this still going? I thought it was "dead"

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=772533407

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
789ifyz said:

@KickUp

Thank you, got a copy.

Wow it really is fantastic, brilliant job by you and your team. Definitely continue to support this. Hoping to see the VR logo on Dirt 4 too.

picture of my collection, sorry I cannot seem to add the picture.

https://flic.kr/p/S4gBxC







Done-o! @enginebuild 

That's an awesome setup - thank you for your 4x support
That's completely unnecessary! Who needs a full form carbon/fiberglas/kevlar bucket seat for sim racing? And no I'm just saying it out of jealousy... just for curiosity where do you guys get those?
Alf72 said:
KevM said:
No over-promising and under-delivering.

This kind of transparency is good for everyone

Exactly.

Off-topic. Wow... this still going? I thought it was "dead"

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=772533407

Heehee, the thing I like is it's presumably a smaller group than the Kunos team, but they have full daytime transitions, better smoke, and HEADLIGHTS. I can't believe in 2017 people still can't race at night. I'm playing Deus Ex and even that has a light... granted it's pretty crap, but for 1999 it's not bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sorrymy english isn't good. i have 3 questions  @KickUp 
1) In Career Mode. can we hire 2 (cpu) drivers for our team and we play only as  team principal?
2) can we change visual part of our cars. like head lights model (normal or projector in dirt rally we have subaru 01 with projectors headlights),  bumpers,  rims..?
3) last question i dont ask if its in the game or not, i dont wanna make trouble :) I  just wanna know, if you personally ever considered ford focus rs wrc 03-05 , the most advancet rally car at his time, model to be in game?
thanks for answer :)
Sorry I missed these earlier
1) Sadly not - we did look at multi car teams but I think that is one for a future game - maybe coop mode with Teams ;)
2) No our licensing agreements are quite strict when it comes to visual modifications. As we cannot do it on every car it makes it hard to justify the interface and vehicle model setup required to support those that might allow it.
3) I've personally considered pretty much every rally car ever made for our games but its also my responsibilty to make as varied and interesting a list of cars as possible that complement the gameplay and fit within the budget we are given. Maybe one day it will join the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@KickUp its going to be weird not having you giving out driving calls in dirt 4, kinda got used to your voice telling me where to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
human1101 said:
@KickUp its going to be weird not having you giving out driving calls in dirt 4, kinda got used to your voice telling me where to go

You'll be fine once you hear Nicky / Jen ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
human1101 said:
@KickUp its going to be weird not having you giving out driving calls in dirt 4, kinda got used to your voice telling me where to go

You'll be fine once you hear Nicky / Jen ;)
SometimesI hear Paul in my head when making a 90 degree left when walking about the streets. It's frightening ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
KickUp said:
human1101 said:
@KickUp its going to be weird not having you giving out driving calls in dirt 4, kinda got used to your voice telling me where to go

You'll be fine once you hear Nicky / Jen ;)
SometimesI hear Paul in my head when making a 90 degree left when walking about the streets. It's frightening ;)
When I drive in the winter I hear "ice patches from here" on sections of my commute that are shaded by trees. Your voice is infectious, Paul!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BadD0g said:
bogani said:
KickUp said:
human1101 said:
@KickUp its going to be weird not having you giving out driving calls in dirt 4, kinda got used to your voice telling me where to go

You'll be fine once you hear Nicky / Jen ;)
SometimesI hear Paul in my head when making a 90 degree left when walking about the streets. It's frightening ;)
When I drive in the winter I hear "ice patches from here" on sections of my commute that are shaded by trees. Your voice is infectious, Paul!
Lol, I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one—if I drop something, I now instinctively say "Radiator's taken a knock".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
as a player of all the other games in the series back from colin mcrae days your pace notes in dirt rally are the only ones i really took any notice of, having said that i think i played dirt rally for a few days trying to get used to it with my controller then threw it down in disgust and went and baught a g27, since i have nerver looked back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KevM said:
Jepsertti said:
Whilst we wait, Assetto Corsa has just added the Audi Sport quattro S1 E2, and a new fictional, multi-course Scottish circuit. It's quite fun, but they forgot to enable the handbrake in the Audi. DOH!
I think it feels quite nice to drive and well... I already had to render it because the model is so beautiful! :joy: (Sorry for off-topic...)


I've literally been playing with this for hours today! It sounds fantastic inside the cockpit, it's great fun trying to tame it. I had to put my racing boots on as the soles of my feet were starting to hurt from changing gear  :D
How does it feel to drive?  Get a replay up!!
It pushes on at the front. You need to use the brakes/weight transfer if you want to get a good drift going. Overheating the rear tyres helps too ha
I'm going to have a go at Pikes Peak mixed now after seeing the AC Quattro 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BadD0g said:
bogani said:
KickUp said:
human1101 said:
@KickUp its going to be weird not having you giving out driving calls in dirt 4, kinda got used to your voice telling me where to go

You'll be fine once you hear Nicky / Jen ;)
SometimesI hear Paul in my head when making a 90 degree left when walking about the streets. It's frightening ;)
When I drive in the winter I hear "ice patches from here" on sections of my commute that are shaded by trees. Your voice is infectious, Paul!
There is a route to town from here called Mt Cargill RD and i have the pace notes for it in my head, i drove over it when it was closed due to snow and it was those pace notes that helped me, that and my trusty 306 gti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
Kenny1962 said:
Will  people be able to mod skins for the cars like in DR. If so will you be able to use the same skins if the car is in the new game. If you can add skins then will there be more car base colours to add skins to.
Kenny
I don't know the full technical details but I believe the system will be pretty much the same from a mod perspective. So skins made in DiRT Rally should work on those in DiRT 4. 

That said shaders and other technical bits have changed so while the design of the skin should translate there is a good chance it will need some tweaking to work perfectly. 
A bit of a blast from the past here (Last Monday).

I did some investigation into this and it is actually likely to not be as simple as my comment has suggested as the way we are packaging our data has changed quite a bit. Sorry :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KickUp said:
KickUp said:
Kenny1962 said:
Will  people be able to mod skins for the cars like in DR. If so will you be able to use the same skins if the car is in the new game. If you can add skins then will there be more car base colours to add skins to.
Kenny
I don't know the full technical details but I believe the system will be pretty much the same from a mod perspective. So skins made in DiRT Rally should work on those in DiRT 4. 

That said shaders and other technical bits have changed so while the design of the skin should translate there is a good chance it will need some tweaking to work perfectly. 
A bit of a blast from the past here (Last Monday).

I did some investigation into this and it is actually likely to not be as simple as my comment has suggested as the way we are packaging our data has changed quite a bit. Sorry :( 
This hopefully means that new skins will have to be made, not that skinning won't  be possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@KickUp would it at all be possible to get a patch to allow all the rally cars on pikes peak to give us something new to do in dirt rally while we wait for dirt 4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bogani said:
KickUp said:
KickUp said:
Kenny1962 said:
Will  people be able to mod skins for the cars like in DR. If so will you be able to use the same skins if the car is in the new game. If you can add skins then will there be more car base colours to add skins to.
Kenny
I don't know the full technical details but I believe the system will be pretty much the same from a mod perspective. So skins made in DiRT Rally should work on those in DiRT 4. 

That said shaders and other technical bits have changed so while the design of the skin should translate there is a good chance it will need some tweaking to work perfectly. 
A bit of a blast from the past here (Last Monday).

I did some investigation into this and it is actually likely to not be as simple as my comment has suggested as the way we are packaging our data has changed quite a bit. Sorry :( 
This hopefully means that new skins will have to be made, not that skinning won't  be possible?

We won't be intentionally preventing modding. Its just that the old way of doing it is likely not to work in DiRT 4 so it won't just copy over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 human1101 said:
@KickUp would it at all be possible to get a patch to allow all the rally cars on pikes peak to give us something new to do in dirt rally while we wait for dirt 4?
This please. I've no idea why its not possible ( on console). Licensing? 
No matter. I've always wanted to take a 306Maxi up there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
human1101 said:
@KickUp would it at all be possible to get a patch to allow all the rally cars on pikes peak to give us something new to do in dirt rally while we wait for dirt 4?

Sadly not - everyone is now working to get DiRT 4 finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
human1101 said:
@KickUp would it at all be possible to get a patch to allow all the rally cars on pikes peak to give us something new to do in dirt rally while we wait for dirt 4?
Just do what I am currently doing.  Run Pikes mixed, in a Quattro, with a 4.908 final drive.  It's handling is more fun to drive than any of the Rally cars would be!  Oh, & use headphones....   B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KickUp said:
human1101 said:
@KickUp would it at all be possible to get a patch to allow all the rally cars on pikes peak to give us something new to do in dirt rally while we wait for dirt 4?

Sadly not - everyone is now working to get DiRT 4 finished.
it is a shame, as much as i like taking the audi up there id love to give it a go in an escort or the 037

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
human1101 said:
@KickUp would it at all be possible to get a patch to allow all the rally cars on pikes peak to give us something new to do in dirt rally while we wait for dirt 4?
*cough*acat mod*cough***choke**

VAC bans are still there, so I don't recommend to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
human1101 said:
@KickUp would it at all be possible to get a patch to allow all the rally cars on pikes peak to give us something new to do in dirt rally while we wait for dirt 4?
*cough*acat mod*cough***choke**

VAC bans are still there, so I don't recommend to use it.
At least unplug Internetz before using it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
human1101 said:
@KickUp would it at all be possible to get a patch to allow all the rally cars on pikes peak to give us something new to do in dirt rally while we wait for dirt 4?
*cough*acat mod*cough***choke**

VAC bans are still there, so I don't recommend to use it.
I was unaware of this mod, i used it heavily on dirt 3, those gymkana cars were really fun in rally events and tring to get a stadium truck through monte carlo without popping the tires

will you get vac banned if you dont do online events with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×