F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

dgeesi0 said:
@KickUp in Dirt 4 can we change our graphics at any point now ? this was infuriating if recording.as you couldnt do it after race. many people like to do this to record the replay. can this be changed or is it already the case ? thanks.

Sorry, we still haven't been able to support this properly. It is on our list of things to do but I can't promise it will happen.

What will you be having @Rallycameraman talk about in his interview @KickUp ?

Will we see the video this friday?

gfRally said:
** Caution **  Time to whine about replays   **Caution **

After all we know about D4 and replays, it sounds like it is getting a little better than DR.  

The one thing that I just plain hate is the switch to internal from a spectator view with most crashes.   Why does this happen, and with improved, well crashes in D4, I hope the switching will no longer happen.  Seems to have been around since D2.  If I have missed something after all this time, please correct me.  

Just thought I would vent after playing DR today.  Looking forward to D4 no matter what happens :)  
As I've understood there will be more replay options, one that does not switch automatically and that is focusing on road side cams.

That said, I think I'll enjoy the onboards more this time with 1:1 steering animation :)

KevM said:

Via facebook, I see that @Rallycameraman walked into Codies 1hr ago.  

bogani said:
gfRally said:
** Caution **  Time to whine about replays   **Caution **

After all we know about D4 and replays, it sounds like it is getting a little better than DR.  

The one thing that I just plain hate is the switch to internal from a spectator view with most crashes.   Why does this happen, and with improved, well crashes in D4, I hope the switching will no longer happen.  Seems to have been around since D2.  If I have missed something after all this time, please correct me.  

Just thought I would vent after playing DR today.  Looking forward to D4 no matter what happens :)  
As I've understood there will be more replay options, one that does not switch automatically and that is focusing on road side cams.

That said, I think I'll enjoy the onboards more this time with 1:1 steering animation :)
It would be awesome to have some control over drones.  even if its just height and a little L/R F/B no flying off to where ever, just a little bit of control.  Actually with this alone, there could be so many awesome shots, it would be like Your Road for the camera :).  
Imagine placing the drone at ground level with car passing over head (or thru, I don't care) or that perfect turn/drift on a hairpin from 90deg overhead.  

gfRally said:
KevM said:

Via facebook, I see that @Rallycameraman walked into Codies 1hr ago.  
I seen that.  He'd better not be playing DiRT 4 whilst in there - lol

KickUp said:
@tbstt We have a lot of experience working with controllers as our primary input device so we know how to give the player the best feel from it.

Yes, in its default settings the controller does have some helpers on there but actually it is more with the steering than with the Throttle and Brake.
In DiRT 4 we've actually done some stuff in the simulation to simulate throttle input so that its less binary in the older historic cars.

To clarify though, if you want to play our games with a direct 1:1 input on pad you can. You just need to fiddle with the controller settings to get that.
Thanks for the response @KickUp. Interesting to learn where the "aids" are applied and that it is possible to completely disable them: might have to have a fiddle with the controller settings now!

Pre-orders will be 'maybe this week':

https://twitter.com/F2CMaDMaXX/status/834299979459989504
https://twitter.com/xtinamcgrath/status/834302910372655105

I knew you'd enjoy it!                                

No, unfortunately I or my rally car will not be appearing in the game. 
Is your licensing to high?  Maybe you could ask for less?  :wink:

KevM said:
I knew you'd enjoy it!                                
Yep! Cheers for the setup help!
You can tweak it to suit yourself, but I find that setup communicates what the car is doing fairly well

Are you beating your own times yet? :)

KevM said:
KevM said:
I knew you'd enjoy it!                                
You can tweak it to suit yourself, but I find that setup communicates what the car is doing fairly well

First I beat mine, then I beat yours!

KevM said:
KevM said:
I knew you'd enjoy it!                                

Can you see mine?  What stage was it, il get a rip at it

KevM said:
KevM said:
KevM said:
I knew you'd enjoy it!                                

Can you see mine?  What stage was it, il get a rip at it
Haha, it's a future target ;)

What do you use as handbrake? I've currently got it as B, but I can never seem to find it once the wheel isn't level

I use B, you'll get the hang of it.                       

Serious point here, you may *never* find it whilst on a button.  I had to sacrifice my H shifter for it, no buttons ever worked for me :(