DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Just off for a 2nd day of testing. I am one lucky ba$tard! (Pls no hate)
That's too much. Flagging abuse!! ^^

I've got the rubber trick on my gearshift and it's a handbrake while paddles are used for gearshifting.
If I'm playing H-shift setup the left paddle becomes handbrake just like someone else is doing above. 

versedi said:
Just off for a 2nd day of testing. I am one lucky ba$tard! (Pls no hate)
That's too much. Flagging abuse!! ^^

I've got the rubber trick on my gearshift and it's a handbrake while paddles are used for gearshifting.
If I'm playing H-shift setup the left paddle becomes handbrake just like someone else is doing above. 
Mines set up the same way I have 2 TH8A  shifter's, one is just for the handbrake with the rubberband trick.

I'm saving up to build a PC so for those of you on PC can you use a stand alone handbrake plugged into a usb for Dirt Rally ?

tbtstt said:
So this whole wheel thing is a lot of fun! Why didn't I do this ages ago?
Farewell @RallyDriven. You were a fine fellow controller player, now you're just another wheel snob... 
It's called #MasterRace

bogani said:
I have the H shifter on my right (which sounds wierd to other Brits but for some reason, it feels more normal) and I have the left paddle as the handbrake. Its the best way I've found to do it personally until I can work out a handbrake solution that fits on my desk lol
It feels more normal because it is more normal ;)

Shots fired! 
Agreed. It's because it's the correct way to do it.

tbtstt said:
So this whole wheel thing is a lot of fun! Why didn't I do this ages ago?
Farewell @RallyDriven. You were a fine fellow controller player, now you're just another wheel snob... 
If it makes you feel any better my wheel resides in my closet most of the time. Can't be bothered to pull it out.

Which one of you jealous bunch cut the power to Codies HQ today then?
The Steering wheel was overworked, with you fighting with silly amounts of oversteer, overheated and tripped the place.  Good news!

In all seriousness though, I wasn't there for fun and games I actually had a serious job to do, so it's a shame today got cut a little short.

I won't say too much about my time behind the wheel, but I will say that I think everyone will love the Michigan location. I know it got a bit of a slating when it was announced, but it's such a fast high speed location, it's a really intense but enjoyable challenge.

I know you can't say, but looking back at how it was in D3, I reckon Michigan could be the D4 Finland (& with slightly less jumps).  I don't see that as a negative at all, can't wait!

@Rallycameraman I don't know if you can answer or not but here goes: how many R5s to drive? 3, 4? I just want numbers not car names.

EDIT: This is because you went there again, of course.

I have to drive on the wrong side of the road, so it made sense to put my shifter on the right, still need a suggestion for a cheap/easy way to get a USB handbrake so I don't have to rubber band my shifter.

I will be extremely happy with Michigan if the jumps are toned down compared to Finland in DR. More big crests than actual big ass jumps.

I have to drive on the wrong side of the road, so it made sense to put my shifter on the right, still need a suggestion for a cheap/easy way to get a USB handbrake so I don't have to rubber band my shifter.
You could get a cheap USB gamepad and make some kind of lever mechanism which depresses one of the buttons (or make a custom one using a micro switch and soldering that to one of the existing buttons of the gamepad). You would basically be using that gamepad as the brains of the handbrake, so you wouldn't need to program anything, the PC would just see the gamepad, so everything should work just fine. That would require some craftsmanship though :D 

I wanted to do something like this, just haven't gotten around to do it. It's H-shifter in the video. With a handbrake you would be using just one button instead of many and the mechanism would be a bit different, but the principle remains the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEJT4V1UzZ4

get a cheap ffb joystick and make some thing around it(something like a piece of wood)  so it can only travel back or forward(depends on how you want to have it)

KevM said:
I know you can't say, but looking back at how it was in D3, I reckon Michigan could be the D4 Finland (& with slightly less jumps).  I don't see that as a negative at all, can't wait!
It does look very similar to Finland, but it is flatter in terms of jumps. There are crests but no real jumps. There's plenty of corners on crests to catch you out at 100mph though :p

KevM said:
It does look very similar to Finland, but it is flatter in terms of jumps. There are crests but no real jumps. There's plenty of corners on crests to catch you out at 100mph though :p
And did you have a go at 'Simulation' mode @Rallycameraman ?

human1101 said:
my wooden one cost me about $12 here is what it looks like, sadly cant embed images from google photos for some reason https://goo.gl/photos/RSkh69o7o8VaLPhV8 as you can see its had alot of use

So the handbrake can be plugged in to usb and doesn't need to be plugged into wheel base. Nice job on your handbrake looks good and the price is right  :#