F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Coming from this article:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/02/24/how-dirt-4-is-rewriting-the-rally-rulebook

"by actually finding the unicorn car that was, say, the championship-winning 1995 Impreza rather than the Clubman-spec one that’s available, with all the miles on it.”

@KickUp have u been able to license the full group A works Impreza 555? So the interior is authentic or is it still the same car as in DR?

griev0r said:
Didzis said:
I have to drive on the wrong side of the road, so it made sense to put my shifter on the right, still need a suggestion for a cheap/easy way to get a USB handbrake so I don't have to rubber band my shifter.
You could get a cheap USB gamepad and make some kind of lever mechanism which depresses one of the buttons (or make a custom one using a micro switch and soldering that to one of the existing buttons of the gamepad). You would basically be using that gamepad as the brains of the handbrake, so you wouldn't need to program anything, the PC would just see the gamepad, so everything should work just fine. That would require some craftsmanship though :D 

I wanted to do something like this, just haven't gotten around to do it. It's H-shifter in the video. With a handbrake you would be using just one button instead of many and the mechanism would be a bit different, but the principle remains the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEJT4V1UzZ4
Before I sold my Obutto/Triple screen setup I used my TH8 as my handbrake for RBR (before DR came out).  It worked great!  But I gave up on sim racing for awhile because there seemed to be no rally simulator ever  coming out again and circuit racing just doesn't do it for me anymore like it used to.

Then Dirt Rally came out of absolutely nowhere, luckily I saved my Clubsport wheel/pedals and a basic wheel stand just in case.  Rally sim + wheel setup is just the absolute best.  I can't believe @RallyDriven just now got one!  I have seen you posting here for a long time.  Btw I now use a button for handbrake, it takes a little to get used to but you'll get it!
Well I don't really have a lot of room for a wheel, and I still don't really! I'm not really sat in the best position, back of my chair is up against the foot of my bed and pedals are against the wall! It's ok, but I'd prefer to be sat a bit more spread out and in a proper seat!

And I have been around for quite a while now! Been on this thread since the first page, and I was in the old forums since before the release of dirt 3, but I had a different username!

sqdstr said:
Coming from this article: 
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/02/24/how-dirt-4-is-rewriting-the-rally-rulebook

"by actually finding the unicorn car that was, say, the championship-winning 1995 Impreza rather than the Clubman-spec one that’s available, with all the miles on it.”

@KickUp have u been able to license the full group A works Impreza 555? So the interior is authentic or is it still the same car as in DR?
Think he's talking about the liveries there. The way to get the real world liveries potentially being by finding the car in the adverts. Good interview though; maybe not much new info for us here who crawl through everything but a very in-depth summary (oxymoronic as that sounds)

Okay, the preorder is up. Is there a reason to preorder?

https://store.codemasters.com/eu/product/439242/dirt-4

bogani said:
cjl9 said:
I have another Dirt 4 question @KickUp :D

Can wheel users get a sensitivity slider as well in control settings, pretty please? I'd hate to experience the same problems in Dirt 4 as I currently do in DR when wanting to drive... say the Alpine, the 205, or the RS200, and experience 30 degrees of rotation. It's awful. I'd just like the cars to make proper use of my 300 degrees of rotation.

I wrecked my wager daily because of this issue, and I almost never touch wagers. Waste of time and credits. Not that I really need credits, but that's not the point.

It really makes no sense why I'm even experiencing this, since most other cars make good use of my rotation. I've had people suggest that cars with high rotation in reality would act like this if they suddenly had 300 degrees of rotation, but that makes no sense as the Fiat with its 1080(?) degrees would then become undrivable, and it's one of the cars that feels amazing with my rotation.

I've also tried the linearity setting without much luck. It just makes the steering feel awkward, not really less sensitive. I'd blame it on my wheel, but I've had two G27's during the course of my Dirt Rally adventures, and I seriously doubt they're both faulty. I've obviously also unticked "allow the game to change settings" in my G27 options, of course.

There are a handful more individuals that experience these hypersensitive steering issues, but we're an extreme minority... unfortunately.
Yes please! What Porky said.

I'd like to love the Alpine but the hyper-sensitive steering spoils my enjoyment.
You also use 300 degrees as Pork on a G27?

To me everything below 540 feels hyper sensitive but that's obviously as I'm used to run 900 with soft lock.
I do. Works well for every other car I drive...but the Alpine remains too twitchy.

JLUO said:

Do Codemasters get more money if this sale goes through on their site rather than via Steam's store does anyone know?

Plenty of time to find out, I'll wait until there's at least a car list and some proper video footage available!

JLUO said:

Do Codemasters get more money if this sale goes through on their site rather than via Steam's store does anyone know?

Plenty of time to find out, I'll wait until there's at least a car list and some proper video footage available!
human1101 said:
seems strange to not have the preorder on steam as well
I have no idea how these things work either. I'll ask around next week. 

I seem to have come down with a case of "Oh Boy Would You Look at That I Actually Have No Money," so I'm going to have to wait a bit before I buy. I will though, I assure you! Do you know if the preorder will be available through Steam directly soon also?

sqdstr said:
I'll wait untill the special editions are revealed and available  :)
That's what I'm waiting for!

tbtstt said:
sqdstr said:
I'll wait untill the special editions are revealed and available  :)
That's what I'm waiting for!
Hey, did you know that forever sideways domain is now up for sale?  Your links now dead, unfortunately.

@Porkhammer you lazy .....................

edit: enter mem that you can find that suits this sentence. im too drunk. have a nice weekend bwoys and girls.

BadD0g said:
I seem to have come down with a case of "Oh Boy Would You Look at That I Actually Have No Money," so I'm going to have to wait a bit before I buy. I will though, I assure you! Do you know if the preorder will be available through Steam directly soon also?
I would think so. No idea on time frame though. 

Im sorry for my bad English.  May I ask @KickUp about "Your Stage"  If  I understand good,  every location has multiple maps for use? Is it possible to have from different season of year map for same location? 
For example in Michigan, the Subaru WRX  screenshoot , We see in  fall scenary. if We have like 5 maps to generate tracks in Michigan. can we have different scenary like (2 summer maps and 3 fall)? 

Im sorry for my bad English.  May I ask @KickUp about "Your Stage"  If  I understand good,  every location has multiple maps for use? Is it possible to have from different season of year map for same location? 
For example in Michigan, the Subaru WRX  screenshoot , We see in  fall scenary. if We have like 5 maps to generate tracks in Michigan. can we have different scenary like (2 summer maps and 3 fall)? 
It's not going to happen for DiRT 4 but it's possible. It's a big deal though as many assets would need to change to reflect the different season. 

I'd actually say it's right up there with the costs of making a new location at which point we might as well choose somewhere else in the world to Rally. 

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but how much hard drive space will DiRT4 take up? Not that it makes much difference, I'm just interested