DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

After reading a few things lately about how the WRC driver's not having splits in car on rally Sweden made for better action, I was thinking it could be a good idea to have an option to turn splits off in the game. Make it proper rallying, no splits or ghosts of other competitors online!
Agreed on both counts. Sweden was a cracking rally and I think the idea of turning splits off could work really well based on what we've seen of the game.

tbtstt said:
gfRally said:
@789ifyz Yaris?  Cool, no WRC?  Just slap mudflaps on it, it's what Subaru guys do, instant rally car!  @tbtstt Right?? :wink: 

Worked for me @gfRally.

;)
And I'm just as guilty :). BTW, nice ride 

I still haven't got a proper timetable for Monday yet, but as long as I have nothing important on in regards to coursework I should be fine. Hopefully I'll find out soon (this is the problem with going to a small university!)

I still haven't got a proper timetable for Monday yet, but as long as I have nothing important on in regards to coursework I should be fine. Hopefully I'll find out soon (this is the problem with going to a small university!)

Mate thats ok don't worry about it - School is more important than messing about having fun and eating pizza with us while playing video games.

Mate thats ok don't worry about it - School is more important than messing about having fun and eating pizza with us while playing video games.
You never mentioned pizza before!
Uni work it different to school work, it's a million times harder and you have to do it with a hangover!

Uni work it different to school work, it's a million times harder and you have to do it with a hangover!
Wouldn't know I didn't even finish school. :P

So study or you'll wind up as a community manager!!!

Wouldn't know I didn't even finish school. :P

So study or you'll wind up as a community manager!!!
Or the next Steve Jobs or Bill Gates or ???  

dotmartin said:
I go for cat and dog stickers on mine, for that rally feeling! #lolvo

That's a little creepy.
It's too much like the pictures they paint on jets, to mark combat kills.
That, and I'd swear I used to own three of those cats.

Can't deny I'm pleased that # DiRTy Gossip is spreading and that maybe I'll get to hear that sound next week :) 

https://twitter.com/sound_fx/status/568510363731247104?s=09

ARCNoOne said:
That's a little creepy.
It's too much like the pictures they paint on jets, to mark combat kills.
That, and I'd swear I used to own three of those cats.
To be fair it's from the Buy My Volvo video by Castor. This guy made an ad when he was to sell his old car and he got Volvo so impressed that they sent him a new car to do a similar video for it. And sold his old car to be used in a Forza commercial. Quite amusing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ0nkStZnWo

That's the last time I'm using the forums whilst drunk

interesting what would sound so good to produce such a reaction?

Well, PCars is now putting up video of their career mode/interface, its a fairly informative 4min video.  They have a few things that are mentioned in our DiRT wish list.   I know I'm beating a dead horse (maybe not best expression) even mentioning the obvious but I hope someday we see some similar videos from DiRT team. 

@justbiglee I can definitely come on Monday, for the first time in two years I'm on top of my coursework, and my lectures are just covering stuff I've already done :)

@justbiglee I can definitely come on Monday, for the first time in two years I'm on top of my coursework, and my lectures are just covering stuff I've already done :)
If I find out you are telling porkys you'll be in trouble

Cross my heart and hope to die!

@justbiglee hah! prokys! Same word Frost uses for lies! Do you happen to watch A Touch Of Frost? Or is that just Southam slang? Or old people slang? Inspector Jack Frost is pretty old..