DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

tbtstt said:
nystedt88 said:
Cant wait 4 this Beast! i guess block´s skin also is available? @KickUp

Be interested to know the answer to this, as I think Block might be tied to another game?
Forza has Block and SRTUSA... D4 gonna be crap!  ;)

gfRally said:
tbtstt said:
Be interested to know the answer to this, as I think Block might be tied to another game?
Forza has Block and SRTUSA... D4 gonna be crap!  ;)

Found another spammer guys!

You know what to do! :D

The ironic thing about this pre-order DLC is that it will be the thing that turns what would have been a rare pre-order purchase for me into skipping pre-ordering entirely. I disagree with the sales tactic of pre-order DLC so strongly that I refuse to support it in any way.

On top of that, it will have lasting negative effects for users that didn't or couldn't pre-order. Every time they see the i20 on a leaderboard they will be reminded of how the game they purchased is incomplete. It creates long lasting resentment in the user, yet is easily avoidable.

As a league admin, this also trickles down to my league. I am really excited to run a series with the R5 cars, but I will have to decide if I allow the i20 in an R5 series, or if I exclude it to ensure the drivers are on a level playing field and have access to the same equipment.

nystedt88 said:
Cant wait 4 this Beast! i guess block´s skin also is available? @KickUp

SHHHHH! That name is considered voodoo around here.

I don't know of any pre-order DLC that wasn't available later, nearly all publishers use a timed exclusive for this purpose, they never normally say it's a timed exclusive, or that it will be available later, but that's the case.

If they are smart they would do like WRC6 did and release the car as day 1 DLC like they did with the Toyota. It isn't pretty, but atleast it's there.

enamel said:
The ironic thing about this pre-order DLC is that it will be the thing that turns what would have been a rare pre-order purchase for me into skipping pre-ordering entirely. I disagree with the sales tactic of pre-order DLC so strongly that I refuse to support it in any way.

On top of that, it will have lasting negative effects for users that didn't or couldn't pre-order. Every time they see the i20 on a leaderboard they will be reminded of how the game they purchased is incomplete. It creates long lasting resentment in the user, yet is easily avoidable.

As a league admin, this also trickles down to my league. I am really excited to run a series with the R5 cars, but I will have to decide if I allow the i20 in an R5 series, or if I exclude it to ensure the drivers are on a level playing field and have access to the same equipment.
Yeah. The only way to "fight" it is for no one to pre-order. Or throw a hissy fit to get it for free a month or two later. I'm sure not going to pay extra for something that should've been there to begin with. Pre order DLC's that are things like more cash and early unlocks are fine, hell even some exclusive guns for single player games, but locking out cars in a racing game? Not even Forza does that. Pre-order gets you unlocked cars with special liveries. Nothing lost or gained for either side.

Ok, I have obsessively looked at the new Video.  @KickUp after watching it several times, I have to say.. this is going to be incredible, any questions that I have had about locations (Michigan :)  have been answered and this is going to be another very special game for me.

My only question is, how much of the external cameras are from the 'magical backspace' key, or whatever you guys call it.  :)

Thanks 

You gotta stop assuming stuff :(

DLC does not mean it costs money.
Pre order DLC does not mean it doesn't become available later (it always does)
They have already said it wasn't confirmed how it will be available later.

Okay crazy idea here.

Maybe the Hyudai is the one R5 where they had trouble with finalizing the lisence agreement. As there were talks of having possibly 4 R5 cars in the game.  And it won't be finished in time for the game to be put on disk. It's always some time from when games go gold untill it's actually in stores. So it's introduced as a preorder bonus instead.

I'm probably a bit too optimistic about that but it could be a possible scenario.

Okay crazy idea here.

Maybe the Hyudai is the one R5 where they had trouble with finalizing the lisence agreement. As there were talks of having possibly 4 R5 cars in the game.  And it won't be finished in time for the game to be put on disk. It's always some time from when games go gold untill it's actually in stores. So it's introduced as a preorder bonus instead.

I'm probably a bit too optimistic about that but it could be a possible scenario.

You seem to have a point. RallyCameraMan talked about 3 R5, plus maybe a fourth one. And because it's an pre-order exclusive doesn't mean we get it right away. Could be a free DLC for the one's who purchase the game in pre-order status. Who doesn't have to pay for the DLC or Something something. Hope this is the case, 4 R5 it's a good number. The popular Fiesta, the beautifull 208 and maybe the quick Skoda or the unknown Mitsubishi... against the Hyundai! I like that and hope that's the case. The game looks wonderfull BTW, so I'll be shreding it to peaces in the 6th of June

Hold your horses people, I've been told that the R5 selection will be missing 'some important ones'. Now, important, in the R5 category immediately brings Skoda to mind. So forget about them. The only question here is whether there will be 2 or 3 cars for regular editions. If there are 4 by default, plus the Hyundai, then they wouldn't have 'some important ones' missing, would they?

Apropo RX,
@KickUp a little wish for the German translation for DiRT4.
The word Heat would better be better transmit to ''Lauf'' or keep it Heat.
In DIRT Rally it was translated in Hitze , was in english hot means.

KickUp said:
Azoresst said:
So here's a suggestion:

If you dont quite like the idea about the i20 R5 being exclusive to pre-orders and probably being a paid DLC post-launch send a tweet to Christina (@xtinamcgrath) and Andy (@AndyGray_). Maybe they can do something about it... Personally I don't like this approach.
It's not on them either so don't shoot the messengers please. I'll be speaking to people about it. 
What Paul said - it's not our decision (as ultimately Sales and our distribution partners Koch decide how the game is packaged) - but I can certainly take the feedback back to the team for future projects. However, with things locked in and announcements confirmed, I'm afraid there's very little that could come off the back of it for DiRT 4.
Just stoked the i20 R5 is in - awesome news. Keep up the good work!

Hold your horses people, I've been told that the R5 selection will be missing 'some important ones'. Now, important, in the R5 category immediately brings Skoda to mind. So forget about them. The only question here is whether there will be 2 or 3 cars for regular editions. If there are 4 by default, plus the Hyundai, then they wouldn't have 'some important ones' missing, would they?
The cars people associate with R5 most (therefor arguably the most important) are: Fiesta, Fabia, i20 
two of those are already confirmed now. Maybe the 208 is also important a little. But it actually seems the most likely. So I guess the Fabia is out, and maybe the i20 was still in the air by the time that statement was made. 

Whilst everyone drops their Sh#t over some R5 car, I want to congratulate @KickUp & the whole team for work they are doing.

From what I have seen, DiRT 4 has made a monumental leap forward in progress from DiRT Rally, & it was/is a mile ahead of its time even today! 

I'm seeing an awful lot to look forward to

SkyRex said:
The cars people associate with R5 most (therefor arguably the most important) are: Fiesta, Fabia, i20 
two of those are already confirmed now. Maybe the 208 is also important a little. But it actually seems the most likely. So I guess the Fabia is out, and maybe the i20 was still in the air by the time that statement was made. 
I would say, in terms of importance, the Fabia is on top, thanks to its WRC2 wins. The Fiesta is second, being the first R5 out, competitive and the one that's sold the most. Third place goes to the PSA Group cars, the 208 and the DS3, which are basically the same car with the body-shell and other minor things as differences. The Hyundai only started appearing on the international stage towards the end of last year and I think they've only sold about 20 of them, give or take, so definitely not top 3.

Conclusion: with the possibility of the Mirage R5 joining, the Hyundai being confirmed and the 208, apparently, confirmed here, plus 'some important ones' missing, where can the Fabia and the DS3 come in? It's true that things could have changed and they've secured more licenses, in the meantime, but I don't find that likely.

The stages are so beautiful, aren't they? And to think they are generated! You guys are really the code masters!!
This time around they also shown some frightening narrow and tecnical stages - awesome!

I quite agree. The guys at codies are doing an awesome job. We are all guaranteed an amazing sim.
kenny.

Just tried the daily which was the 037 in Finland, something I'd never bothered to try on a controller. Holy shit! The right pedal isn't the throttle, it's just a button that sends you backwards into a tree!

Wrestling the 037, on gravel, with a wheel, is a beautiful thing

Keep at it!!  :)

Driving the Lancia 037 in Sweden is like trying to do a bobsleigh run, with a rocket on the back and no banking to help you turn.

If they are smart they would do like WRC6 did and release the car as day 1 DLC like they did with the Toyota. It isn't pretty, but atleast it's there.

Doing that isn't smart, it's stupid... They better NOT DO something like that. There's already some unhappy people because of the i20 R5 Pre-Order "bonus", if they do Day 1 dlc, we all know what all Community ( not just some ) will say about/against Codies.

Let's just hope they learn from this Pre-Order " mistake " so, it will not happen again, in the future.

I was pleased about the announcement with the Hyundai in before, but having had a chance to watch the video a bit more I must say that the Michigan stages look excellent (as someone who enjoyed autumnal Finland!) and the shot showing all the stage conditions in Wales is superb. Will be nice to occasionally see the sunshine there!

Would be nice if, sometime in the next few months, you can make a continuous 10 minute video with someone just generating and playing two short generated stages. These micro-clips are very difficult to come to a conclusion with and don't really show off the tech you're describing IMO.

Although the way junction 'tiles' are used seems interesting; I'm guessing they can be used to go in multiple directions.